Hey /b

Hey /b

I'm thinking of becoming a security guard. A friend can get me a job at a local mall with a decent company starting rate $16.50/h.

Just wondering if its worth the trouble because I want to try something new.

Thoughts?

Fuck it. $16/h isn't bad. go for it

watch out for the niggers, they steal things

Pay is not bad, but all the security guards I've met hate it. All of them escaped as soon as they could.
Ask me anything you want faget

Hey user. I've had a few friends go down that route. I'd say about 10 people in my life have done it. And after a decade of that type of work, all but one was still earning their starting wage as a security guard. It's great starting pay, but VERY little advancement opportunity.

The one who did make it further went armed guard and is probably the most responsible guy I know. He bought a house on his shitty security money at 30 because he never spent a dime he did not have to.

What I guess I'm saying is that if you have tremendous discipline and motivation, you can make it work for you, but if you lack either one of those, you will likely find yourself working for that same $16.50 in a decade's time. It won't seem worth it then.

Mall security is a boring ass job. As long as you can deal with being on your feet for 8 hours a day and being bored as fuck, then it's good money for basically nothing.

Great for the short term if $16.50 is a lot of money where you live. But remember the fundamental of the job: you're getting paid just to stand around/exist. You will stand around/wander/stare at screens for hours each day. Being intelligent, ambitious, affable, etc will get you almost nowhere. You are a step above furniture.

Go for the cash short term and figure out what you actually want to do.

What are the odds of me actually having to make an arrest? I'm confident in myself when it comes to dealing with people with words, but when it gets physical, I hate the fact that I cant punch and kick but only do arm locks and take downs

Arrest? Security's job description is to observe and report. You are never supposed to interfere. That's the police's job.

Also remember the silly uniform only scares 14-year-olds. Most people see you for what you are: some guy dressed up like a pseudo-cop for a paycheck. You're basically a walking scarecrow.

From what I've seen you can basically do whatever the fuck you want, chill af

But 16/h is living with mommy and daddy money, or a hole in the wall, or sublet: if you intend on having any quality of life socially

I'd 100% take it depending on it's policies and system. If it's a massive heirarchy like, per say, an amazon warehouse, good luck getting a raise or promotion

Basically if you are able to contact a manager or boss, and have superiors on site that report your productivity, and don't have to mind 50000000 other people, do it

If your boss is omniscient and untouchable, and it's a hassle to get in touch/he doesnt have enough respect to take the time, he will have a little dick and brain and lord power over you like you're an insect, and you will be fired for breathing wrong and have ur job takin' by a sandnigger for 10/h from a career agency

I live in Toronto, $16.50 is pretty high unless your an armed guard.
Thank you for the info guys

This. Unless you're some Dwight Schrute wannabe cop power-tripping faggot, who cares if some dumbass is stealing? Observe and call the cops. $16.50 isn't worth Jamal's right hook.

Also, get them google glasses in 4k so you can rekt noobs and look like ur just vaping drinking rc cola, super chill

Generally after the third day I'd probably kill myself on site, for if i don't keep busy, them demons come a knocking and i would probably be the cause of the majority of the crimes i never report on my watch

Don't know about your state, but these guys have a patrol stationed at the mall at all times. You'd just detain the nigger until the fuzz take the report.
Niggers get physical when cornered and lots of shoplifters are kids who think they can punch their way out. It's a common rite of passage to get punched in the face.
However that's pretty much the worst that can happen. Every time it could get physical the cops would call reinforcements and all you'd do is to prevent the white Knights from getting killed

It's pretty high for doing nothing, but it's only a few bucks above minimum for ON. That's $34k a year... Good luck finding a place to live on that in TO.

Fuck, Im down to just walk around and watch cameras. Is it worth the paperwork? I know some people who have to stay back an hour or two (probably very rarely) to finish some report about some guy who fell unconscious or some nignog whos being loud

This is the only reason i thought of thos career in my past, kick some ass for a laugh, but the good times are few and far between, if ur at a good mall in a boujee area tho, theres always some nice store clerk tail

If you're so lazy that the thought of doing an hour of scribbling on sheets is a deal-breaker for you, take this job. You'll love it. You do nothing, OP.

I currently work security. It's an extremely mundane job that is 98% sitting around bored out of your fucking mind. The other 2% is dealing with stupid fucking bullshit from your supervisors mostly and patrons, you'll want to tell them to fuck off but it's a customer service based job. If you take it, prepare for incredibly inconsistent schedules that change in the middle of the week and receive no notice about it. If it didn't pay me so well, and if I didn't have bills to pay I'd quit this mind numbing, soul crushing fuck ass job.

I appreciate everybodys replies

Cool nigga, have a good night and if you take the gig post some greentext

Fo sheezy my neezy

This is the most accurate description ever possible, i work security too

Hospital Security here.

Unless you want to make management, dont do it long term.

I'm in the application process for the local police force. Don't trick yourself into thinking its a stepping stone career.

I have to take the use of force handcuffing and baton training classes(paid for by company). Also get a nice stab-resistant vest and some other gear given to me. I am just doing this for the time being because the pay is better than most things available. Plus I will be doing it with friends.

I don't plan on going into law enforcement. Just heard it was an interesting job. Wanted to know if its worth the tedious bullshit that security constantly goes though

and chek'd

You'll spend a lot of time waiting to do something. Customer service is more important than fighting ability or physical strength. The absolute worst security guards have absolutely zero people or reasoning skills.

It's an easy job, you wont be paid for what you do, you'll be paid for what you might have to do.

I'm used to customer service jobs, but I know security will really test my limits. I am not quick to anger and I usually just laugh things off pretty easily

Security is excruciatingly boring.

Over here security jobs tend to be for ex army, a nice cushy job given to people who have excellent training or fuckheaded losers who can't get better jobs.

I'm not sure about murica or w/e, but the perception is that security guards are people who weren't good enough to be police.

either way, it's a boring job with little or no opportunity for advancement i.e. you'll not advance much beyond your starting point unless you form your own company and be the boss.