You may not like it... but THIS is what the Mount Rushmore of sports would look like

You may not like it... but THIS is what the Mount Rushmore of sports would look like.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Bradman
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batting_average#Cricket
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think baseball has plenty of other options but these are pretty safe choices.

>boreball

*North American sports

Yeah that's what I said... Sports.

>babe
>not jeter

>canacucks

el oh el

literally have no idea who the top two or bottom right are.

why do american sports have such a tiny global reach?

>it's a britbong gets triggered that we don't idolize his precious divegrass episode

all i've done is ask a valid question, you fucking zoomer

>Sports only played on the United States

Neymar belongs more than whoever the two on the top are. And he is not even a top 3 Brazilian athlete.

lol stupid britbong

>shitty global reach
>the only well known global divegrass player is a manlet

>Messi
>Only well known

Fucking leaf

Gretzky definitely deserves to be there, he dominated his sport like no one else ever did.

Brady just passed Joe with this latest Super Bowl

This 4 just looks perfect

Why would Neymar deserve to be on an American monument? Did the zika fuck your brain up huezinho? The only soccer player who's name is worth mentioning would be Donovan but he didn't dominate like any of the 4 there. I don't know how you could suggest any soccer player really, when we're talking about a comparison to Mt. Rushmore, you know, the big ass mountainside carved into a monument of 4 American presidents in America.

Kinda means the requirements are being American (Canadians tolerated since our leagues are intertwined), playing in on of our leagues, and dominating them like no other.

Hell the only other sportsman with a legitimate claim to head and shoulders dominance is Don Bradman but hes Australian so disqualified.

>No Messi

>tripfag being retarded

>I don't know something, therefore it's widely unknown

Fantastic logic.

MOUNT Rushmore is in America, so it makes sense to have American sports on it.

If their was a mural for sports all around the world only Brady and Jordan would get on it.

Gretzky would still be on it

Messi and Tsssuuuu as well

The extent to which Gretzky dominated hockey has never been replicated in any other sport. Statistically, he's basically twice as good as anyone ever to have played the sport (e.g. you could take away all his goals - the most ever - and he'd still have more points (goals+assists) than anyone else).

Gretzky is probably the goat above all other goats

it has you ignorant retard

Not him, but who are you referring to?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Bradman

In case you are still confused
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batting_average#Cricket

>t. Learned Hattipper

Real sports.

if you exclude cricket you need to exclude baseball as well

Gretzky would still be on it as a 4th based on statistical separation from everyone in his sport

Hard to value baseball because the pitcher and batters are extreme opposites. Like any other sport, the individual who scores the most is usual MVP. In baseball hard to decide what is worth more, the pitcher with 25 wins and a sub 2.00 era, or the batter with 50 HRs and 130 rbi

Go for it. No one under 60 follows baseball in America.

t. nigger

Don't get riled so easily, Eugene.

I'm not riled. The only "people" who think baseball is only followed by retirees are niggers and adhd spastics.

>The median age of a baseball viewer is 53 years old, according to ESPN

Sorry, paps.

You do realize that kinda invalidates your first post, right?

that, and hockey is big in all parts of the world with a lot of freezing weather

>Only Team sports
Individual GOAT coming through

>what's exaggeration

You're embarrassing yourself.

>Mount Rushmore of sports
>Mount Rushmore in US
>people in Poorupe getting upset

Tom Brady isn't the best football player ever

Hyperbole without a point is retarded.
Also median means fuck all.
Please come back when you're not embarrassing yourself.

Best and Highest profile are almost always different, but here we're going for some combination of the two.

Jordan
Ali
Gretzky
Pele

who disagrees?

>Pele
Just about everyone. Money hungry Favela nigger that was good but only gets thrown around so much because he hopped on FIFAs dick.

You don't have Mount Rushmore in England

In England you have Mount Brushmore

The point is that baseball does not appeal to young people, by and large. That fact upsets you. There's no reason to believe young people will suddenly take an interest in baseball as they get older. Baseball will be a niche sport in a few generations.

>I know you are, but what am I?

Resorting to playground retorts?

Basketball is the only American sport with global start power, MJ is one of the top 5 most famous athletes ever, up there with Ali, Pele, Tiger.

We have pikes and crags and fells in England lad. Not shitty mounts.

how will bongland EVER recover

England's Mount Rushmore of sports:

Bobby Charlton
Phil Taylor
Jonny Wilkinson
Jack Hobbs

>the combover and three literally whos

please

lmao

I'm not upset by it. You're the one upset by baseball for some unknown reason.

You're calling out baseball for something that is endemic in sports consumption, that being that the primary viewership is older than 40, and blatantly ignoring that it affects everything.
If single sport is to be called out for lacking youth interest, it would be golf, but you'll probably insist it's not a sport because 6'4" 25 year olds don't dominate it.

Love all these Gretzky fags. Dont even know that Orr is better than him in every way because they are all underage.

>B-BUT MUH PADDED STATS

I bet you think Peyton Manning is the best QB too

>Orr is better then Gretzky even though he has less rings
>Peyton isn't as good as Tom because he doesn't have as many rings

*pikeys and slags

ayyy lmayo

i dont get it

Babe Ruth has the highest WAR (Wins Above Replacement) of all time.

He is statistically the GOAT Baseball player.

>SRR
>Best
>MJ
>Razer

This is the correct Rushmore, deny it all you want but it's true

Babe could hit and pitch, probably the best all around player.

If it were all sports there would be like 5 soccer people, the 4 guys up in OP, that aussie guy who was really fucking good at cricket, and then probably whoever was the best tennis guy.

kek

If it was a top 4 for all sports it would be:

Don Bradman
Wayne Gretzky
Aleksandr Karelin
Michael Phelps

These four are the most dominant athletes to have lived.

No one player has ever completely changed the landscape of the game like Ruth did. There have been a lot of amazing baseball players but the largest leap moving from superstar to superstar was when Babe showed up.

Eh, Babe Ruth is like the American Otani though.

hard to argue against this . Op isnt a fag for once

>no phelps

baka

I literally don't know who the top right guy is.

Post the sports Mount Rushmore of your country
>Julio Cesar Chavez
>Hugo Sanchez
>Joaquin Capilla
>Lorena Ochoa