Guitar thread? guitar thread, what ya got

guitar thread? guitar thread, what ya got

This is the best of mine, still shit but less shit than others. (obviously not my picture, potato camera.)

Don't have photo but a fender telecaster blacktop, Vintage (cheap knockoff brand) reissued series strat

i've been buying up used washburns lately, the nuno line is a damn good guitar and the cheaper ones are great buys especially the used ones that people don't realize are good players. i got this one for $80. worked it over a bit, adjusted the truss and tightened up everything, new strings and viola, a great little player

i've got an Epiphone acoustic, they are good for a good price. i remember back when i was in a gospel/bluegrass band and epis where the big thing

I'm teaching my wife to play bass. Finally, i'll have a captive bass player

It's harder to play than my other acoustics, and the nickel flatwounds I put on do not help, they do let me use the pickup, though. Thing does have a good tone.

my latest epiy didn't start to sound good until i had played it for about 5 hours. it just seemed to break in about then. pic is on my tablet, i'll post it next

pretty, how does it play? never had an LTD

Until she start a getting bass lessons from the funky guy at the end of your street (theres a funky bass guy at the end of every road) while youre at work and she develops a deep, intricate relationship with him as you mindlessly learn guitar to achieve nothing musically as you work for nothing and develop a failing relationship.

>theres a funky bass guy at the end of every road

don't you have anything better to do than haunt guitar threads?
i own everything within sight around here, so no, there is no bass dude at the end of the road. there is no road, it's all my property. any road here, i own. sew buttons

I love the shit out of it. It suites my play style very well. All LTDs suite me though. Look up Andy James on youtube to listen to how it sounds. His signature guitar is only $100 more than the one I have. They sound really close.

1980 fernandes strat
1996 czech epiphone les paul
2017 PRS se 245
mid 2000s fender jazz bass MIJ
early 2000s epiphone eb3 MIK
home made fretless bass
Ibanez acoustic something
Ashdown 1x15 combo
Hayden HGT combo
Moog ring modulator
Odb3

nearly all modified in some way

haven't bought new gear for a long time apart from the SE, looking at having a matamp cabinet built and also a Dunwich amplification fuzz pedal to kill people with.

i'll do that, thanks for the heads up. i'm sitting here playing sign of the southern cross on my epy, this damn thing sounds better every time i pick it up, swear to god

>Dunwich amplification fuzz pedal to kill people with

love it

I plyed one similar a few years ago, reminded me of an SG but slimmer neck and brighter. And also made better than the SGs of the time

One of my other Washburns

Drop A with fuzz, if you aren't trying to kill folk, your heart's not in it.

Yeah. That's the thing with a good instrument. It can be played better than most people can play it, so as you practice YOU'RE the one getting better and you don't outgrow it. You learn things about it, it's reminiscent of having a relationship with a person.

i bought a 7 string GIO just so i didn't have to drop D anymore to play that Tonic song

>It can be played better than most people can play it

that's what i tell people that bitch and moan about $100 guitars. i can play, and i can make any guitar sound as good as i am. anyone that whines about cheap is a knucklehead. if it will stay in tune, i can play it.

One of my ibbys

Spear Evil Monkey
Epiphone Les Paul
Fernandes RG-80
Landola Buffalo

I dont have pictures of my new Gibson Les Paul Traditional but heres my other shit

pictures men, pictures!

>sign of the southern cross
also playing diamonds and rust, basically the same chords and progression for most of it until Tony gets kickin

my LP is a 1987, what's this and your other? how do you like them, good or bad comments? just wondering how people see them, mine is starting to feel a bit heavy and unbalanced after all the others i've played

Here's my stash! My first was my Jackson V. I happen to be a huge Pantera fan so I refit it with the same high output pickup line he used to be able to rip.
My second is my Iby 7 string. After getting really into Korn I loved the idea of playing one.
My third was my active pickup guitar I built myself. I put lots of work into it so it's my baby but it's exactly what I wanted it to be

questions

what is your take on active pickups? worth the hassle?

what problems do you have with a V other than guitar stands? i've played them before and they just didn't feel right to me. i've got nothing against them, but it was almost like i didn't know where to put my arm, they just felt alien

im at work so stock photo. just got this on Saturday its perfection

guitars for ants

nice i have a washburn n4

Heres another. My mahogony dreadnaught. Love the Washys

The GIO 7 string i mentioned earlier.

Nah. I have actives on both my 7 string and the one I built and honestly although there is difference in clarity and tone, they're very similar and not worth the hassle if you have a good passive. It's good to have but also a hassle. What kind of music do you play?

Sometimes with my V I hit corners but to this day I do not have any marks on the finish from doing so. I much prefer a V when I'm playing standing up, actually, because I can wedge one corner in between my legs in a specific manner for stability. They're also quite flashy so I love that too. It feels very strange and takes some getting used to but I honestly love the shape. Other than the hitting and not being able to sit down on the floor very comfortably with it, I haven't found too many problems!

>What kind of music do you play?
just about anything i can get my head around, last thing i did was a sex pistols cover with a friend over the interweb. i didn't play for a lot of years then i picked it back up again once i had some money to toss around. when i was 19 i was a badass, now i'm just trying to get it back. i'm having a lot of fun picking up used guitars and bringing them back to life after someone that didn't know what they had sold them.

hell, maybe i'll try a V out, just because i didn't know how to hold them before means nothing, right? hell, i saw a used dimebag model just today, that isn't a V but it's still a shape maybe i could get used to. maybe. or a michael schenker black n white

Got these cheap guitars, a Fernando Stratocaster and a Peavey OCC electric guitar, though very cheap, I still love them. Better than nothing right?

what do you think of the peavey? i used to run their P/A shit but i never even picked up one of their guitars. no idea what fernando is

Any of you get this weird thing with you're electric guitar where sometimes it messes up and the body starts emitting this fucked up ringing/ hollow rattle depending on certain frets.

It gets triggered if I play the guitar with the neck going higher than a 75 angle.

Eventually the problem goes away when i leave the guitar alone for a day or so.

Sorry for the explanation being so wonky. There's really no way to describe this problem.

Ibanez, 7 string, some long combination of numbers and letters fuck this ibanez-codes

never. that sounds very strange. especially the 75 degree angle thing.
i would say check for fucked wiring, but it's only on certain frets? that sounds like truss adjustment, but...possibly more than one problem. how expensive is this guitar, would it cost more to chase the problem than to just move on would be my question

i'm pretty much just sold on maple fretboards, if i can get away with it, i'll have nothing else from now on

My Charvel bass

Schecter Hellraiser Avenger from 2007

Poop

This

I am thinking about buying electric guitar, tell me Sup Forums, which.
LTD-EC1000T
LTD-EC1000
Gibson Les Paul studio
These are 700$
Or LTD-EX400BD for 500$

Hey Sup Forumsros guitar newfag here!
Always wanted to play guitar but never found the time or the money for it. Now i got this Gio Ibanez from a friend but i don't now shit about guitars... Is it good for beginners? And was 150€ too much for it (Also got a speaker from Ibanez with it)?

it's fine for beginners, hell you can practice unplugged when you're just starting. Motivation is always a bigger hurdle for beginners than guitar quality

That's pretty sexy.

the GIO isn't by any means a bad guitar, i've had a couple of them. the HSS setup is good, i've got a strat like that, i love it. i wish i could have got a GIO when i started playing. i had to learn on a real POS. guitars are dirt cheap now compared to when i was growing up and learning. i'd have killed for one of those way back when

got it for $100 in 1998. it's pretty sweet

what's that to the right of the squire? that looks like a Conn i have

Thats a hohner hc Lh 06. Nothing special. German brand

Thanks anons! Yeah motivation is a really hard thing to come up with, what makes it even harder, is that I'm moving right now... One question is left (please don't kill me for it) did you ever played Rocksmith? I thought it would be a good game for practice but now I'm not sure if it doesn't make it hard if I want to play with chords instead of colors and shit.

here's another GIO i had, i gave it away to some girl for christmas. yeah, i'm a real fucking sweatheart. point is, it was a good low rent guitar. i loved the HSH setup, i could get some nasty shit out of this one, and it was about $150 new

don't do that. just don't. it's like thinking playing call of duty will make you a good with a gun. take that time and spend it practicing, playing along, whatever, just keep a real guitar in your hands

it's fine, I play Rocksmith too. As long as it's not your only resource, you can play very sloppily and it won't penalize you for it so you have to be careful not to develop bad habits. Also make sure to flip the field in the options menu upside-down so it reads like real tabs. But aside from that it's a lot of fun and it's a good way to get to where you're actually playing along with real music

I think you're mixing up Rocksmith and Rockband, this one is the one that uses a real guitar

>I think you're mixing up Rocksmith and Rockband, this one is the one that uses a real guitar

ah, ok, i see what the jist of your drift is. my mistake.

still, i'd rather see him sit down with a Led Zeppelin record in one hand and an Aerosmith record in the other and not get up until he could play them both. that's how i learned.

The thing with Rocksmith is that you play it with a real guitar! You plug it in via USB (didnt even know that such cables exist) and have to "tune the guitar" (don't know if thats the right word for it) for different songs.

I agree it definitely shouldn't be your one stop for learning the guitar, the lessons are pretty barebones. but if you ignore the arcade games and shit you can basically use it like interactive tabs, it's pretty good for selecting parts of the song and repeating it & speeding up until you get it locked in

Ok thanks again i really appreciate it! Will give both a try. Thought it would be good to learn where I should hold my fingers and to get warm with the instrument.

justinguitar's good for starting from zero, he demonstrates with an acoustic mostly but it applies to electric as well

well cool. it's good that people have more resources now to learn than we used to. i remember the days of sneaking in a music store and trying to memorize sheet music because i was too damn broke to buy it. that sucked.

oh, and pic of me in my upstairs play room. yes, that's a GIO

i'm mirin that jam room

Thanks will check it out! Ouh one question is left: Right now it is easier for me to play with my bare hands (just to feel if I'm on the right string) is this a bad habit and should I start to play with a plectrum only? Thanks again!

yeah, it's pretty wicked. i had the whole 2nd floor set aside for me when we built this house

>plectrum
bait? i haven't heard the term plectrum since mel bay's book when i was about 10 years old.

hell no it's not bad. my hands are bloody most weekends from playing bare handed. it makes you tough and you can feel shit thru you hands that you can't feel with a "plectrum".

i've got a huge callus on my middle finger at the first knuckle from just wailing it barehanded

Old blackie

pretty, and a first fret inlay. cool.

Nah no bait just a stupid newfag.
Yeah same thing i thought! Feels so false to play with that litte plastic shit in my hand... Thanks user!

here's a group shot i found on my server, this was a year or 2 ago, don't remember, but this was what i had upstairs at the time. some of them you've already seen

Kustom Lead V, now i use it as my vocal amp. nice little package, and it's been going strong for years and years. i'm thinking of buying a Kustom head, they are doing some pretty good shit now from what i hear

I know shit about guitars, but half of those have basically identical shapes. A few have three knobs, some have one. It that really necessary? I have a friend who has this effect petal beast from Boss and he can make that guitar sound like anything with it. Why so many guitars? What's the idea when you have six guitars and you say, damn it, I need two more?

Just got the studio a few weeks back, fits the perfect mix between te ltd and the fender, sustains for days!
A hardcore metal player at heart but pushing into more hard rock lately.

2013 Ibanez iceman ic500bk, with dimarzio d activator pickups, played through a Marshall dsl40c. What's Sup Forums think? I love this thing personally

which records, user?

it's all about tone bruh

well, i would ask the question. how many do you think i need? and does it bug you that i have more than you think i need? maybe i just like guitars so much that i want to have as many as i can afford. i'm the same way with cars and guns. don't be hatin the player, etc....

i've thought about a paul stanley model because i'm a big ibanez fanboy. but everytime i think about it, i just come back with "it's just a les paul with a weird shape"

or an explorer. same deal. where am i wrong? sell me.

>which records, user?
1st zep and for aero, i learned a lot off of draw the line. i know, i know, but i still learned more from that record than i did from wings or toys. i played milk cow blues over, and over, and over

Maveric f1. I was sick of all the samefags with fenders and les Pauls.

Nope, you hit the nail on the head, les Paul with a weird body for sure. But i love my iceman, definitely a better deal than the les Paul if your gonna go Gibson.

yeah, i'm still trying to convince myself i want a V. my wife wants me to get one, she loves them. me, not so much. i'd rather pick up another Washburn N series used for about a C note and turn it into something wonderful. i'm starting to get good at this

Who's hating? Defensive much?

Yeah, but with high quality digital effects, tone is programmable, right?

nah, that's a myth. it all still comes from the wire and the wood. and the player. the electronics make more things possible, but a shitty player is still a shitty player.

nah, not defensive, though i don't see a problem with being defensive in such an offensive world. point is, i can do anything i want, as can you. i can have 20 guitars, and you can have one. it's all about choices and the ability to make them for yourself. since i want to have a lot of guitars, i choose to do so.

I don't have any guitars. Seems interesting and would like to learn. But I tremble at the learning curve and hundreds of hours of having to listen to myself suck at it.

This is my favourite of my collection

>you can practice unplugged when you're just starting
Terrible advice. You'll make mistakes (mostly muting) that you won't be able to hear and teach yourself improper muscle memory that's hard to overwrite

great guitars but crap amp

it's never too late to start. i'm grooming my wife to play bass now. granted, it will be harder to learn if you're not young, everything comes easier when you are about 12 years old. but you can do it. you just have to have perseverance and stick with it. trust me, it is worth it and you will be happy with yourself that you did it.

damn Angus, that's pretty

>crap amp
really? enlighten me

Its a marshall MG which are known for being not great... why not a DSL or something?