So I have this human lower jaw. Found it at a thrift shop

So I have this human lower jaw. Found it at a thrift shop.

I wonder if I can get some of you in the autistic forensics department to tell me something about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

scholar.google.dk/scholar?q=determining sex in skeletal remains&btnG=&hl=da&as_sdt=0,5&as_vis=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another angle

Turn it in to the police. It might help solve a murder

it appears to be nigger in origin op

Man, wish I could keep it though. I wonder how I can determine how old it is?

Top down

It seems to be from an old person, that's all I can see, by the angle of it, looks to be about 130-140° I'd say around 70yo and probably a man, but not so sure about it

Allright. It feels real small to me but then again, bones tend to be deceptively small.

post something next to it for a reference, a spoon or smth

It's made of bone...

is that soot covering it?

You bought a lower jaw at a thrift shop? Where the fuck do you live?

Ah, just the Netherlands. But I agree it was a strange find.

Nah, it's just black for some reason

In a bit, kind if preoccupied now but soon.

Hmm, any kind of unsolved murder around your area? Maybe you just bought the final evidence in solving a crime or something like that?

Nah, I doubt it, murders don't happen very often around here so if it would be crime related it'd be so old as to not really matter anymore.

black, from the Netherlands...

imma gonna venture a guess that it was originally found in peat moss

Well, not trying to say that you shouldn't keep it, but there is a reason why you can't buy human bones everywhere.

That would make a lot of sense, yeah

why?

Throw that fucking banana peel in the bin you cunt

Well, I did check the laws around human remains. If it's from a fresh dead it's obviously illegal but it turns out you're free to keep whatever's once been buried, as long as you're not disturbing an actual grave.

How do I strengthen and preserve bone?

Like not my own, but if I wanted to keep a piece like op's.

Can I get a picture of the ramus (the flat bit. google it) I'd like to see its contours going up to the condyle ("the hinge").

Here you go. Standard Bic lighter for scale

is it a S.I. Bic Lighter or an imperial one ?

dead guy had to be young doesnt even have 7s not to mention 8s
wtf

Eurotrash here, probably the first

Thought so too, wisdom teeth are still inside the jaw

Are they lead fillings in the molars?

I felt they looked like it but I can't be sure and I don't wanna do any tests that could damage it if I can avoid it.

Well, all I can say is that it is a mandible of a small female. If the wisdom teeth are still in the jaw, she would be under ~25.. (a guess)

Allright, well that's a good thing sorta, I jad already called her Maria. (S' a jokey joke, we have cookies here called mariakaakjes, kaakje also means small jaw).

But aight. I already suspected a child but I don't know how to differentiate between male and female bones.

aint that rather amalgam ?

anyway gratz you have jaw of a rape and murder teen victim

sure if you don't want to use the vernacular

Well if so it's Sup Forums as shit so it's got that going for her

google scholar would be a place to start.
scholar.google.dk/scholar?q=determining sex in skeletal remains&btnG=&hl=da&as_sdt=0,5&as_vis=1

Aah, why thank you. Got some reading to do today.

Look's like wood and planted with real teeth.
not sure though.

I can't rule that out 100% but if true I'm impressed with the fakery, especially as there's embedded wisdom teeth too.

I performed a .jpg dna sample and ran it through the sequencer. Its a caucasoid male.. around 30 judging by the wear patterns on the teeth

tie a rope to it and tat would make a cool necklace

Nah, Imma hang it near my door like a horseshoe. Rest it on some nails.

That's already edgelordy and gay enough, wearing it would be an open invitation to stomp my head into the dirt and I wouldn't even be able to be mad at that.

This reminds me of.....