MUUH YOU SEE, HE IS ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY

>MUUH YOU SEE, HE IS ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY

Is this the most forced plot twist of history?

No that would go to the sixth sense or the happening

This character exemplifies the incomplete thought process of the author. You can tell Rowling wrote him as a bad guy at the beginning and just turned him good later in order to justify some stupid plot contrivance instead of planning out a proper resolution.

literally the same plot twist as the very first book, but at the end of the saga

Don't like half the books have the "HARRY THINKS SNAPE IS THE BAD GUY BUT HE'S A GOOD GUY" plot twist?

And then that turns out to be the final plot twist of the series as well?

this.

Are you actually surprised? its one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

It's not a plot twist.
Wondering whether he's a good or a bad guy was part of the plot.

He's a good guy from the very first book though.

Prove the stretched his legs line

>The Great Gatsby
>Atlas Shrugged
>God-Tier

Is this bait?

You are bait.

fuck off I loved David Copperfield

It more encompasses her lack of creativity. Snape's arc in the whole series is just an elongated version of his arc in the first book.

Snape enters the scene as an asshole. At about the two thirds mark of the first book it leads you to believe he is behind the wrongdoings and Harry and his friends identify him as the villain. In the end its Q and Voldemort while Snape was trying to help them all along (he was the good guy).

It literally only happens once.

Fucking books for 5 year olds

Also the reason he was a good guy is because one off Harry's parents

Actually /lit/ had a thread about this "stretched his legs" was searched in a Kindle by some asspie.
But "he got up to stretch his legs" "let's stretch our legs" "its good to stretch the legs after a meal" and many other variants are used.

This is a "beam me up Scotty" quote. A readily recognizable place holder for a hundred permutations that do appear, while no directly being in the material itself.

Was Snape a cuck?

Nah, just a beta orbiter

I like how there is a film analysis book and a kanye west book stuck in there

He was MGTOW

Uh, no, given it was thoroughly set up since like the first book.

>You can tell Rowling wrote him as a bad guy at the beginning
yeah that's why the very first book has him shown to not be the villain that the kids assumed he was

>kills Dingleberry
>people still think he's a good guy

Harry Potter fans everyone

it's copypasta that people always respond to for some reason

have you read it?

Am I the only one that thinks the Goblet of Fire would have been so much more interesting if Harry was never put into the Triwizard Tournament?

James being an asshole made me rage.
Harry "falling in love" with Ginny was poor writing.
Killing one of the twins was unnecessary.

Thanks for the copypasta, quentin.

I think it's bullshit Hogwarts got two champions and the other schools only got one.

...no?

I hate James, he was a haughty annoying cunt who only mellowed out after he got literally everything he could ever ask for in life.

Sirius Black was a man-child who refuses to grow up and Lupus was the limp-wristed enabling coward that tagged along.

YES! All of it would have been MUCH more interesting without Harry being a constant Gary Stu. It would have worked great as a series with several main characters.

So what? Does that mean they should be garbage?

t.Snivellus

But that was literally the plot and the other two schools were both pissed about it.

Harry fell in love with Ginny after she fucked a couple guys and got experience in snogging.

What's sad is Ginny's supposed to be adorably cute and attractive but presented as very plain in the movies.

It was also sad how Hermione was the one who became a breeder, it should have been Harry and Ginny who have five kids, not Hermione and Ron.

>Atlas shrugged is God-tier

r/literature sounds like it's more your speed.

>kills Dinglebasket specifically because Dumbledonkus asked him to because he knew he was dead anyway and so Malfoy didnt have to shoulder a burden he would feel horrible about for the rest of his life
>this user tries to pretend it was just snape being a dick
Why are people on Sup Forums so bad at remembering the movies they watch? Is it because you were texting your boyfriend when you saw it?

Sirius being a man-child and Lupus being a coward was half the plot of Order of the Phoenix, user.

Rowling dedicated a lot of pages to showing them as immature assholes.

It means they shouldn't be praised as serious adult literature.

I've always believed Rowling is a massive hack whos work shouldn't be appreciated by anyone over the age of 10

It was the plot for a chapter and never brought up again except for the Blatant Evil School.

Harry should have never been the center of attention yet again in that book, it's absurd.

Actually the final plot twist of the series is that Harry himself is the last horcrux and he has to die in order for Voldemort to die.

The narrative itself is much like Game of Thrones, many characters with varied interests, its 'epic' though compared with the greats of classic literature it does fall short. The characters and plot are at times unrealistic, there is no denying that, but you have to understand that the reason most of the retards here hate Rand is because of demographics. Look at Sup Forums in general, almost everyone here come from a bourgeoisie upbringing and quite frankly are, or either are close to being NEETS; utter losers who have very limited life experience and responsibilities. They are so absorbed with politically extreme leftist ideals that one cannot have a rational discussion with them (I harbor various left wing leanings myself, but there is a difference between talking to a moderate and an extremist).

The young men I know who like Ayn Rand are admittedly arrogant and self-absorbed, but they are determined, intelligent and motivated individuals (Businessmen and Doctors). I do not mind Rand myself nor do I love her, I will not discuss too much of myself but I'll just say that I am rather far off being a NEET. Think the liberal feminist meme you use to see going around. Yeah, those are the people that disagree with Rand (The majority of people who hate her have never read her books, they just accept and repeat the culture of memes).

>the protagonist shouldn't have been the lead character

I really, really, really like this image

Nah, the final twist is that Harry is the owner of the Elder Wand

Why would it be brought up again? There was nothing they could do about it. Never mind that his entry into the tournament against the rules was the focus of the next like four or five chapters until the first task was done

But they are among children of all ages.

The Triwizard Tournament would have been a backdrop for the plot, user.

It's like saying Harry should have been invited to play in the Quidditch World Cup because otherwise the protagonist would not be the lead character.

They're not. It's for kids and young adults. A kid should be able to read the first book when they're 10 and the last when they're 17.

Sounds like a good idea in this case.

Harry is literally one of the most boring protagonist ever created.

iirc, during seven books all I can remember is him being passive or mad as fuck.

Rand is shit and Gatsby is overrated because everyone is forced to read it in high school

No, it really, really isn't.

It' perfectly fine unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Sup Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>I don't like him, therefore-
No one cares

I didnt say i disliked him, just that he is bland and boring

Yes yes, good review, good good.

HOWEVER

So you like him?

No one likes Harry, there is a reason fanfics usualy focus on other characters or have Harry have a completly different personality

they're garbage even for children's literature though

No, i just dont care about him

Ok son.

>First movie
HE A BAD BUY
JK HE A GOOD GUY
>rest of the movies
HE A BAD GUY
JK HE A GOOD GUY

Fuck that character

Everyone ITT needs to go back to /lit/

Literally crying like a kid. If you didn't know he was good from the onset you're retarded. Hes practically dumbledores right hand man

They're probably the pleb outcasts that get replies to go back to readdit.

but this is bullshit, he was never a bad guy in the first movie
harry and his gay friends thought that was the case because he can't handle the bantz from snape but he didn't really do anything bad

Sup Forums for Sup Forumsfags
but Sup Forums for everyone

Stop Sup Forums genocide

He didn't suck Harry's dick, user.

That alone is a sign he was a terrible teacher.

Mental disorders and shitposting. Few here actually watch things too

Yeah he made Harry suck his dick.
based Snape

he wasn't a cuck because he didn't want/enjoy it, he was simply a hardcore beta orbiter.

the entire series wasn't actually about harry, but rather how a beta went to hogwarts long ago, where he developed oneitis for a girl named lily and beta orbited her while she married the chad who bullies him. later she squeezes out chad's son out before they get killed by literally hitler. as it turns out, snape's oneitis was so bad that he couldn't de-orbit himself even when his planet ceased to exist, so he ends up dedicating his life to protecting his oneitis and chad's spawn while simultaneously resenting himself and the boy for it.

>final twist is hero has to die to defeat the villain
>he dies
>don't worry he gets better
>everyone is happy forever and marries their best friends

I wasn't expecting much Rowling but holy fuck could you at least have half a set of balls?

When Columbus released the "Extended Cut" of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone I was surprised at the scene where Snape actually pulls out his uncut dick and tells Harry boomslang skin has nothing on his shit. It literally made zero sense in the narrative and the editing was shotty.

She murdered like 8 good characters. And of course it was going to have a happy ending.

but harry actually utilize that skill later to defeat voldermort when he sucked the magic out of him

>"Extended Cut"
>uncut dick scene
BRAVO COLUMBUS

Pottery

would have been kinda nice if she did finish off harry in the end, with the rest of the cast defeating voldemort's army instead of the aged old one true hero. particularly neville, that actor worked out well in the films because he looked dopey as fuck in the early films but matured to be a strapping young chap.

of course that would require not building up the whole deathly hallows angle.

The good guy actually dying is the bigger cliche nowadays tbqh famalam.

Wait a second.

The afterlife is a thing in Harry Potter, right? As shown with Harry meeting his parents n' shit with the Resurrection Stone.

When Snape died, did he meet Lily? Did he become a spectral orbiter?

Tbh. Layer cake did it right I didn't expect it that was 2005 though I think

It felt kind of lame how Neville suddenly became interested in Luna and seemed to end the series pounding that platinum blonde's ass.

Doesn't he wind up single yet the headmaster in the books?

Post examples in contemporary original YA / children's pop culture and/or fantasy

How new are you?

The films particularly focus on harry in the latter ones and I think its important they do because the books and everything did. I was more emotionally invested in film harry and everything than book harry. The characters in the book are eh

Imagine that awkward reunion...

>Rand is shit
Why?

>Gatsby is overrated because everyone is forced to read it in high school
I've never read it and we did not read it in high school so I can't comment on that one.

>omg we r so superior we dun like hary poter a book for 3 years olds we say that tru rèddit memes
is /lit/ the most subhuman board on the internet?

If you don't respond to the pasta he will stop posting it. Just one (You) and he will post for eternity.

>this butthurt commie bringing redd.it in it of all the places
redd.it is commie general, you should go back there

I thought it was fine. He was always an asshole, but not outright evil.

Thats the point, he always seemed sketchy but never did anything harmful then bam, kills dumbledore. All along, your supposed to feel like a jerk for not trusting this guy then he murders someone only for us to find out he was following orders

I never really got why he was such a cunt to everyone that wasn't Slytherin though.

Was it just a front to make himself seem as though he were on their side?

After seeing how much of a piece of shit Harry's father and friends were, he would be against pricks like Malfoy more than anyone. He was a victim of gang harassment yet he endorses the same kind of bullying to Harry and everyone else.

It's because Rowling really didn't have any of the details of the character or his role planned out in advance. She knew Snape was secretly a good guy because he loved Mrs. Potter but pretty much nothing else

Spergs will justify literally any inconsistency with MUH DEEP COVER but a lot just makes no sense any way you spin. Particularly pretty much everything he does in Order of the Phoenix is baffling. He worships at the cock of Dumbledore to the extent that he sacrifices his entire existence to be a deep cover agent that answers only to him but he won't put his bullshit aside for a few hours to teach Harry Occlumency which is the simplest thing anyone can do right now to make the fight against Voldemort a million times easier?

I actually always considered that to be a clever bit of foreshadowing

The kids in the first book are ostensibly the reader throughout the series as a whole, the reader is quick to judge only to understand the complexity of Snape as a character in the end. Rowling is toying with how you perceive people, and drives the point home that even after 7 books, if you thought Snape was a snidely whiplash you clearly didn't learn jack shit

what's funny is that that was the case with Harry Potter. All the shit he already knew about Snape, and you'd think he'd have some sort of doubt about Snapes true intentions. But Harry's kind of an asshole