I miss him so much Sup Forums

i miss him so much Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

mindchecker.channel4.com/test-autism.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who?

The thin white dude

Jeff Mangum?

Damn it Trent, we all miss him. Love the version of I Can't Give Everything Away you've been doing though. It's a really touching tribute.

Also, can't you do a surprise concert in western pa sometime? mr. smalls would killer little club to play.

i am not the rezner

He's burning in hell now. Fags deserve no better.

>he unironically believes in Abrahamic religion
lmaoing at ur life

bump for bowie

need some good bowie wallpapers

Bob Dylan?

thx

one more

What the fuck are you talking about saying you miss him? Did you ever actually see him in person when he was alive? Was he your fucking dad? I'm going to wager you most likely didn't see him that much, or know him at all. And unless you were always waiting for his next album to come out, you probably only liked his early output anyways.

I really don't get how you can say you "miss" a guy who was probably never much a part of your life in person. You miss the idea of david bowie being alive, which is pretty much just a thought in your head.

he was a qt

your life must be really sad

I like how you answer a logical question with ad hominems.

mindchecker.channel4.com/test-autism.html

Why do people not like his 90's / early 00's work?

Shit's incredible.

I used to think just like you until it actually happened to someone who I respected so much. Whenever a famous person died and I saw all those people on TV crying and saying how much they're struggling with the loss I'd say exactly what you posted here. Then it happened to David Bowie, a musician I'd loved and admired since I was a child, a musician who's latest release was sitting on my record playing having just been played the night before he died. Was he just an idea, a life in my head? Yes of course I didn't really know him, but when he died in real life he ceased to exist as a functioning part of my world and he became as rock and earth. Never again would I hear his interpretations of the modern world, he had become a part of history.

Now when I see people crying over their dead heroes I understand how it feels, it truly is loss.

Outside and Heathen were amazing.
A handful of songs from the Earthling albums are quite good. Reality was enjoyable as well

David Bowie actually has an album called Heroes

Funny you say that, I thought Earthling was perfection with Outside and Heathen being close 2nd. Reality was solid, but Bring me The Disco King overshadows all the other tracks.

That said, why didn't the mainstream enjoy the albums as much? Were they too artsy fartsy or did they just stop giving a shit?

[spoiler]And why is early Bowie so overrated? His singles from his glam rock era are fantastic (and all of Ziggy Stardust) but every other album aged like milk.[/spoiler]

I was actually really into David Bowie when he died too, believe it or not. But when someone actually know passes away, like a family friend or a cousin, or a cousin's wife, or a cousin's son, like has happened in the past decade in my family, you start to feel like mourning the passing of a great musician is a little silly compared to those things.

I love david bowie and I love david bowie's music. A couple months before he died I drew an incredible portrait of him which my parents keep in the center table of their dining room in a frame. He is still an inspiration to me, I just don't get this whole mourning thing.

Is it because Bowie didn't really attach a personality/character to these albums(Earthlings, Outside etc). Because for majority of the people David Bowie is best represented as Ziggy Stardust.