/who/ - Doctor Who General

Battlefield edition.
Arthurian legend and the return of the Brig.

Sleeps to awake one day in the country's hour of greatest need:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6bHaxRrgqQ
pastebin.com/3K58WBcb
youtube.com/watch?v=jKj6jxwf7i0
youtube.com/watch?v=D55Vwt-AQpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The One Where Sara Kingdom Was Reincarnated As Some Sorceress

youtube.com/watch?v=h6bHaxRrgqQ

Reminder.

Seventh Doctor had the most underrated run. Imagine the NA books being adapted as ACTUAL EPISODES

Sorry John but Torchwood is never coming back it was shit.

Should've ended with Children of Earth

Yeah, and more to the point imagine it happening properly instead of a watered down version.

>Torchwood
>shit

I mean, Jack>Phil obviously, but that seems a bit harsh

Quick, the BBC want more ideas for the Doctor Who Televisual Universe, and they can't be Torchwood. What do you pitch?

What? Planet Earth II will be on BBC One....

>tfw you will never see Night Thoughts / Iceberg / Blood Heat / Deceit or GodEngine as a real TV episode

>mfw you gave up and started reusing fonts
I respect the effort though.

K9: TIMEQUAKE: THE ANIMATED SERIES

NARDOLE AND COMPANY

Big Finish says hello.

>tfw you will never see Blood Heat (Second Iteration) and the rest of the Collapsing Universe Cycle adapted as real TV episodes

"Cold Fushion"
"Lungbarrow"

Haha. Wasnt sure what to do for the 8th Doctor one so left it basic

"Doable Barkers": The Series

mfw still no 8th Doctor minisode series exclusive to iPlayer

>The Continued Adventures of the Eighth Doctor
>Not calling it just "Eight"
>Or Eighth Doctor adventure series against Daleks
>Extermin-8

'The 8th Doctor' would probably cut it. Just enough information to sound mysterious to people who have no idea what Doctor Who is.

RTD spotted on set today filming a jazz hands minisode in his basement with cardboard cutouts of himself.

yes.

plus an episode with a Sylv cameo called The Real McCoy

What happened to minisodes in general? Didn't Moff say we were going to get "many more little things like this" or something to that effect after Night dropped?

yup. budget cuts?

Could be that scheduling and money just didn't work out like he dreamed. We at least had the Doctor's Meditation for S9 (also the prologue to episode 1 if you count that, despite it obviously just being a cut scene from the episode) but there was probably a decision along the line that a clusterfuck of minisodes like in the Matt Smith years just wasn't viable.

the doctor's meditation was pretty good

WOO GUYS MORE MINISODES TO COME!!!!

How about Class instead?

When will Chin Ball start writing?

His series probably starts filming around July next year, at a guess? So work out time scales backwards from that. Probably as soon as he can, desu, once Broadchurch is done and out the way.

When Moff works out what Christmas 2017 is so they can hand over

hopefully never
bring back moffat

hopefully moffat will fuckofferino forever
the lazy hack

I bite the bullet and do a CBBC thing with the Paternosters, they are made for it. Without making it shit though, actually attempt to give them character dynamics and conflict like a decent kids' show should.

Meanwhile on the flip side, an adult spinoff on Gallifrey that harkens back to classic BBC costume drama, exploring the levels of society, backstabbing, political struggle, slaughter, and the struggles of a planet adrift and stripped of its power (as a metaphor for Britain, of course. Oh yes). Lean into the camp slightly, just enough to be endearing without sacrificing integrity. Throw in Missy if necessary.

Gallifrey exiled at the end of time as Brexit allegory? I like it.

No Class trailer kek

I'd love the fuck out of that Gallifrey idea.

>yet another thing that won't fucking happen

why live, lad

Um, how about the Big Finish "Gallifrey" series which fills this kind of void?

I knew you would, Not-Peter.

I can picture it now. "Lords of Time".

I was aware of that Big Finish stuff, but I meant that there would never be a televised series such as this, not that nothing like this would ever exist.

>implying bbc has the budget for a gallifrey series

Netflix

The thing about good costume drama is that it mines entertainment from well written dialogue between excellent actors in closed rooms, rather than lots of expensive visual spectacle. With skill, you can conjure the idea of amazing wonders beyond, while only using a minimum of effects shots and keeping things mostly contained. In other words exactly like Doctor Who.

No way BBC gives up their "Flagship franchise."

Also DW is not even on Netflix anymore

oh, like they've given up GBBO and made Top Gear shit. Nothing about the BBC surprises me anymore. DW could go either way.

What's going on with Top Gear anyway? Did they fire Evans?

He left... but yeah he was pushed cos of all the criticism.

If you Moffat is lazy...wait until Chinball. S2 Broadchurch was basically S1 but shittier.

The Brig should have died desu, it would have been the perfect ending for him but they pussied out.

Also we're getting close to the end of the Classic Series and I want to suggest we make thread editions for at least the following things between Survival and Rose
>Search Out Space
>Virgin books
>BBV
>Dimensions in Time
>the TV movie
>wilderness years BBC Books
>The Curse of Fatal Death
>wilderness years Big Finish
>Faction Paradox
>Scream of the Shalka
and anything else anyone wants to add in.

Moffat's just copy/pasted his Dr Who work since 1999, for the last 5 years in the show proper (only every once in a blue moon writing something to blow people away). I can cope with writers who copy themselves, as long as it doesn't go on for as long as Moff's done it.

The Curse of Fatal Death is Moff's Torah and he has been rearranging its letters into unholy combinations for nearly two decades.

speaking of which, does anyone have that quote from one of the books where the Doctor says that ever book and comic is true, it all happened, hinting at Who canon?

Ooooh, would love to read that again.

Reminded me of Hell Bent (hey look, unoriginal Moff strikes again, nicking it): "Every story ever told really happened."

nicking or referencing lol

Given the amount of stuff Moff takes directly from others', I'd go with nicking

I remember the total meltdown when Eight mentioned all of his BF companions in 'Night of the Doctor.' Good times.

I think it's from The Gallifrey Chronicles, by Lance Parkin.

Got it:

"Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character," Trix pointed out.

The Doctor grinned. “My dear, one of the things you’ll learn is that it’s all real. Every word of every novel is real, every frame of every movie, every panel of every comic strip.”

"But that's just not possible. I mean some books contradict other ones and -"

The Doctor was ignoring her.

Come on, everyone knows nicking from the Wilderness Years is fair game.

More like Moffat and Parkin have very similar ideas about Who canon, and both deal with the concept of Who as stories (that theme, of Doctor Who as a story or myth, is pure Moffat and the concept of different versions of the same story, is part of any long-running myth or story. It's also part of bedtime stories, which can get told differently every night, which is also one of Moffat's themes.)

fuck off sandifer

Come on, if I was Sandifer, the words "alchemy" would have come up.

Thanks GI!

wut? He's just making some fairly easy observations about Moffat Who's themes. Bad meme.

No problem.

Book Eight is one of my favorite Doctors. He's one of the more mystifying Doctors, in a different way than the manipulative Seven.

I just reread PNess' entry to the half-assed shorts collection

>revolves around a Jew boy of German descent who is friends with a mixed black girl in 1945 Maine, both poor and working to help their mothers put food on the table during the war
>all the cool kids and adults have started using mysterious alien 'Truth Teller' devices that hook into your mouth and inadvertently tell 'truths' about whoever you're talking to, resulting in massive falling-outs
>they were introduced at the start of summer by Bitchy Girl Alpha, daughter of the richest family in town
>5 and Nyssa are in the background investigating and procuring them
>MC has saved up $2 to buy a truth teller (keeping this secret from his mother who needs the money) so he can confess his love to the school hottie who doesn't know he exists and hangs out with the bitchy girls, he nearly goes for it but they scare him off using their truth tellers to diss him
>Black girl works at the gas station, she is working on a car and talking to MC when the car's owner (the dad of Bitchy Girl Alpha) comes out and starts being racist to them, makes her accidentally damage the paintwork and gets her fired (lul)
>they are commiserating when the bitchy girls and school hottie turn up (their truth tellers have been nicked by 5 and Nyssa), black girl mockingly tells MC that now is his chance, it is obvious that she secretly fancies him at this point but they are just friends, he is about to go and confess
>then the Bitchy Family's house explodes
>5 and Nyssa appear, arresting two "upright sheep with the face of a fish mixed with a squirrel and a pumpkin", it turns out the family are members of a xenophobic alien race that sow discord on alien planets using the truth tellers (tiny aliens they have enslaved) to feed on negative energy
>5 asks the two kids to replace Adric/Tegan, is shot down (lel)
>MC realises school hottie is a bitch and he has feelings for black girl, implied they may hook up

It's better than that sounds though

>Bitchy Girl Alpha, daughter of the richest family in town
>confess his love to the school hottie who doesn't know he exists and hangs out with the bitchy girls
My hope for Class is waning.

I was being glib to fit it in 2000 characters, but it's definitely not a conceptual masterwork.
Still better than Eoin Colfer's though where Hartnell is basically written as an older Artemis Fowl

>Hartnell swordfighting pirates
>D'Arvit
>"-occasionally received visions of his future selves"
God, that was so bad.

Yeah.

I seem to remember Gaiman's being pretty decent.

Gaiman's was rather good.

If only he had mentioned a novel and comic companion, it would have been even better.

I just need a Fifth Doctor story for the anthology.

He mentions Sam in Minuet in Hell so she's canon by implication

When did you get a Ten story?

Thank you, TardyBox

I need a Fifth Doctor story and a Tenth Doctor story.

>I need a Fifth Doctor story and a Tenth Doctor story.
Time Crash 2: Electric Boogaloo

>When did you get a Ten story?
When someone posted this last thread?
pastebin.com/3K58WBcb

Yeah, I'm a Dodo today.

I need a Fifth Doctor story. Of course, if you have stories for any other Doctor, I'll accept those as well.

Someone write this.

>Also we're getting close to the end of the Classic Series and I want to suggest we make thread editions for at least the following things between Survival and Rose
>Search Out Space

Literally what?

>Virgin books

>books
>on Sup Forums

>BBV

Maybe

>Dimensions in Time

Of course

>the TV movie

I thought this was fairly obviously going to be done.

>wilderness years BBC Books

>see above

>The Curse of Fatal Death

Maybe

>wilderness years Big Finish

>audios
>on Sup Forums

>Faction Paradox

>see above

>Scream of the Shalka

Maybe

>Search Out Space
youtube.com/watch?v=jKj6jxwf7i0
Basically the only Doctor Who on tv from 1990-92

>books
>on Sup Forums
Books about a tv show. We've had books in the OP before.

Well judging by that tweet Class is gonna be super edgy i guess???

Also, Sarah has a companion in her audios...who may or may not be Sam Jones with a new name.

VG934 did his Class fan teaser.
youtube.com/watch?v=D55Vwt-AQpk

I hope we'll get to hear Capaldi swear just a little like the good old times

it will be something lame like Shuttity up

I'm kind of interested to see if there will be swearing at all or if they will keep it clean mouthed, even though small children presumably aren't meant to be watching.

That painfully generic tagline really did wonders for my hype levels.

Earlier, I tweeted "yes, yes, fear and darkness is coming, but when is the trailer coming?"

They haven't responded back.

There will probably be some dirty words.

cheeky

Remember that "young Theta and young Koschei" idea someone was trying to make?

Just make sure this Gallifreyan show is nothing like that, and we should be good.

I mean, it's not like there's much to go off with that, since it never even materialised.

We no longer need editions. They were there to incite discussion while there was no Doctor Who to talk about, and now we have Class and filming news.
We should get to Survival and then stop.

Nah, the editions are fun. And we still don't have news yet.