How will Sup Forums react when Mangum finally releases LP3?

How will Sup Forums react when Mangum finally releases LP3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RQSdpoI42hs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Idk about Sup Forums, but I'll personally flip my shit

90% of the threads for at least a month will soley be about that album

I think it'll be pretty game changing for Sup Forums, like it'll be so divisive, that I could see it fundamentally changing the board

So you think LP3 actually exists?
I'm not so optimistic.

Yeah, I think it exists. I think he probably has a bunch of LPs, but do I think were ever gonna hear em? not really

Hopefully I'll be dead by then.

Yeah I mean I don't doubt that he has continued privately writing music, and probably has enough for at least one more LP. I think they're probably more like half baked musing than anything else though

He did say that he wanted to "disappear for ten years" and then release an album that blows everybody away or something like that.

dubs and Mangum releases the album in September
trips and it's the greatest album of all time

over half of this board's current population has never heard one second of music by Neutral Milk Hotel

biggest meltdown since bowie death, cant wait

Well his last shows were in 2015. So we'll see him in 2025?

He said that in like 1997 or 1998 or something. I read it in that 33 1/3 book

What is summer

That's really depressing, honestly. A whole generation of Sup Forums disregarding one of the greatest albums of all time bc of buzzwords like cuck and numale

Well then he already kept his word after ending NMH in 1998 and coming back for the reunion/farewell tour in 2013-2015

There would be at least 6 threads in the catalogue for a year straight.

What's your point? Any way you slice it, we're not due for anything from him, going by his own words.

I'm sad now

people here actually pride themselves for disliking/never listening to it

1997ish. He wants to disappear for ten years and release a new album
2016. drops not so subtle hints about new album
2017. ten years later

>1997ish. He wants to disappear for ten years and release a new album
>2017. ten years later

2017 - 1997 = 20

are you joking

lmao

MY BAD HOLY SHIT

i think Jeff was just young and insecure, i think he reappeared because he saw that his music made a lot of people happy and that is something very hard to do, the last tour was a great way to give his fans something and to say goodbye and stop making people going crazy with this mistery artist he was creating

but i guess he liked to be back on the stage and now we're getting a new (DOUBLE) album

>but i guess he liked to be back on the stage and now we're getting a new (DOUBLE) album
Are we?

i mean come on

1988--forms NMH
1997--wants to disappear for about 10 years
1999--stops touring with NMH
>ten year gap between 2000 and 2010
2010--returns to live performances without NMH
2013--announces tour with NMH
2015--stops touring again "for the foreseeable future"
2016--drops hints about album
2017--radio silence

fuck off, the people who are telling you you're wrong are having the "bad"

math is fluid and on a spectrum, you can identify as correct if you want

people who give a shit about the difference between 10 years and 20 years are just oppressors and nerds, it's fucking bullshit

you didn't make a bad, you just did fluid/spectrum math

hopefully with dead fucking silence
ITAOTS is absolute trash

look at this pleb

Like when MBDTF was released but cranked up to 11

or maybe it has something to do with OTC's next album, like new NMH and OTC albums, but there's definitely gonna be new NMH if Jeff is making and selling drawings, it would be a very shitty thing to do to deceive people like that and not release NMH material, there's just no other way to interpret the drawings

please everybody ignore this person so we can keep the thread on track

epic contrarian

lucky trips of truth.
however, I could see him having wanted to release a new album, but getting cold feet.

HEY
THIS GUY SAID IGNORE THE POST
LISTEN UP AND FUCKING IGNORE IT

>there's just no other way to interpret the drawings
Idk. Maybe he was just really into symmetry or duality. Ying and Yang type stuff.

>I could see him having wanted to release a new album, but getting cold feet.
yeah, I mean ITAOTS, for better or worse, became a huge meme. The meme is so much larger than life and the album itself, I can see him getting nervous about putting anything more out and it failing or something.

i think he's too old to give a shit about that, i mean the guy went on tour for god's sake

>Maybe he was just really into symmetry or duality.
I could buy this if it was only "double" and a bunch of twos, but the drawings literally reference a bunch of events that happen in 2017, say DOUBLE ALBUM, and have 3RD?????

>but the drawings literally reference a bunch of events that happen in 2017
I'm no art critic, but I don't see any reference to 2017. what are you talking about?

>say DOUBLE ALBUM
except they don't. At best they say "AWOL BOMBE".
AWOL= Absent without Leave
BOMBE= a shitty synthetic drug, similar to LSD.

>3RD
is usually surrounded in ciricles with rings, like a planet. Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun.

I admit I'm pulling this outa my ass. But like I said before, I'm not optimistic about LP3. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Please dont make a thread like this again. You we getting me excited for something that will probably never come out.

the first drawing posted in this thread says "double album on it", the second one posted has "magicicada casini huygens" which is a reference to both a species of cicada that is supposed to emerge this year and a satellite that's supposed to crash into Saturn this year.
Also note the rings on the planets. 1st and 2nd have 1 ring, single albums, the 3rd has 2 rings, double album

>guys it doesn't say DOUBLE ALBUM, it says DOUBLE AWOL BOMBE

Listen friend, I'll be the first to admit your side is much more convincing than mine. I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up over nothing.

I can understand that. But I still think a healthy amount of optimism is good. Disappointment doesn't hurt that much

where the fuck does it say "album"?

post rare jeffs

uhhh, more like a bunch of cucks and nu males who rather listen to drake, XXXtenacion, future, etc instead of white rock oriented music

oooh
thank you!

look at the first drawing. notice the letters on the headdress thing? start from the bottom and read up

m
bu
eal
bl
dou

>Mangum actually announces double LP

How big wood your erection be Sup Forums?

unfathomable

dude stop thinking about dick all the time

New OTC?
Sauce?

what did he mean by this?

orange twin field works vol. 2 when?

Robert Schneider said that there's new OTC stuff coming out

>lp3 releases
>it's complete shit

wat do

It won't happen until he finds the next anne frank to cry about

he recorded aunt eggma blowtorch when he was 17, for one.

Kill myself.

be sad for a little while i dont like nmh too much but when it comes out abd if its even mediocre mus gonna lose its shit lol hahaegehe the

oh god this, and the korena pang stuff

2017???????

lol what a fucking buzzkill

its another 2017 reference, yeah

he didn't say that the Jeff drawings were linked to then though.

The Avalanches
My Bloody Valentine
Faith No More
Pixies
Jane's Addiction
Primus
Sebadoh

Slowdive

Meme on Sup Forums to help with the pain

get better taste

Swans

Blur
Stooges
Cibo Matto

what?

minecraft

Duke Nukem Forever

light to decent 5

They are listing bands that released disappointing comeback albums as a way of saying that Neutral Milk Hotel's comeback album will likely be just as disappointing.

Even though they are completely wrong and those bands having disappointing comeback albums doesn't prove anything at all.

Bump for JEFF!

>The Avalanches
no
also you forgot bauhaus
this tbqh

2018--music started

Fuck got a good giggle out of this

The AWOL BOMBE thing is a cryptic pun btw

>AWOL
>away without leave
>desert

>BOMBE
>bombe glacée
>dessert

>desert dessert

1988--forms NMH
1997--wants to disappear for about 10 years
1999--stops touring with NMH
2000--builds time machine
1945--rescues Anne Frank

I hope he doesn't because I know it will be shit

minecraft
minecraft
minecraft
minecraft

youtube.com/watch?v=RQSdpoI42hs

Allegedly this is the last thing he worked on..?

Gay.

Pass me the book mate

Claim that it's good anyway.

Ngl if it's good I'll probably cry

DEEEEEE DEE DEE DEE DEEEEEEE DE DEEEE