Finally went to see a doctor so I could try and get myself off alcohol

Finally went to see a doctor so I could try and get myself off alcohol.

Blood tests came back and my ATL/AST levels were 10 times the normal limit. I feel like my time is done soon. I'll be lurking until then.

Just wanted to say, please get help early if you're an alcoholic and don't do it for years like I did. I used it as a coping mechanism for crippling anxiety and it only made it far worse to the point where I'm here today and I can't even function without drinking for a few hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

dothethingneedsdoing.com
psychologytoday.com/articles/201705/radical-new-approach-beating-addiction
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Funny that. I'm considering becoming an alcoholic to force me to kill myself.
Or at least, force my liver or kidneys to give out eventually.

It doesn't kill some people. It just turns them into miserable trainwrecks like myself who need alcohol just to function normally. Don't do it. Address whatever problems you're facing and try to find a solution.

Please explain ATL/AST I don't know what this is and what it means
How many years were you drinking and what/how much a night?

Nah. I'm already a miserable trainwreck who can't function. I've barely left my room in half a fucking decade, don't really have anything I want besides death, and refuse to try to better myself.

In my early 20s, I was heavily drinking at the bar every day and night. In my late 20s (I'm 29 now), I stopped going to the bar and only drink from the liquor store.

I drink a 1.7L bottle of 80/90 proof Vodka every three days. I drink enough to feel good and then I go to bed. My sleep schedule is all fucked up and I only sleep for 3-4 hour sessions before waking up. My body becomes a warzone after I wake up if I don't drink anything for 2 hours.

So what you're liver is fucked? Will it repair if you lay off it now or you been given a death sentence?

Lol user don't read into that. If you're not showing physical signs of heart failure or liver diseas then those numbers can seem scary. 10 times the normal amount? Get an ultrasound and a second opinion because I can raise my enzymes to thirty times the amount if I get drunk before a blood test.

My Doctor did schedule a liver ultrasound. Not sure what it'll show or find.

I'm a daily drinker for 25 years. Liver tests come back slightly elevated/liver slightly enlarged.

Did your enzyme tests come back 10x higher though? My anxiety has been through the roof since that phone call.

Again user get a liver ultrasound because that bloody est doesn't mean shit. It's like doing a breathalyzer when you just downed some shots. It will come back stupid high. Did you drink before the blood test?

how old are you now?

No. I'm just comparing tests. Its odd how that stuff works. How long between your last drink and your test?

I drank right before walking to the test. I drank enough to get a nice buzz and then went there so I could look people in the eye and focus.

lol well that's why you fucking oaf. those blood tests will come back super high if you drink right before doing it. It's in your blood still.

This OP. Stop worrying so much. My father was the worst drinker I'd ever met. The fucker would be passed out around the house in the morning after drowning 750ml of whiskey only to wake up again and do it yet again all day.

I'm not saying you should drink heavily but doctors will scare the shit out of you on purpose. Take a breather and calm down.

You need to tell the doc about that and try to stay sober for a day or two and retest. My worthless opinion is that you are stressing too much. You still should quit drinking, though. I've fucked up my prostate and can't get my dick to work and I'm only 45. I've found a younger woman that is dtf and I can't get a fucking hard on.

I'm actually a doctur. Asat alat enzymes are raised as a direct result of cellular damage in the liver. As long as your liver function tests such as albumine and INR are within normal values nothing is indicating irreversible damage. Your liver consists of a cellular lineage that can actually regrow in numbers after damage, in a sense undergoing physiological hyperplasia. Stop being a fag. But actually doe rly watch out if u get srs physical symptoms. Delirium tremens is potentially deadly. Benzos can be valuable short term while setoxing

Also this. I had hypochondria and used a lot of alcohol to cope. I had to do a breathalyzer when I was completely sober and I still blew WAY above the legal limit. You're looking WAY too much into those tests user. Blood tests are just a primer and don't give you shit for information. Relax user and get other tests or a second opinion.

I was on BusPIRone and Hydroxyzine Pamoate which gave me non-stop heart palpitations and made me so tired I couldn't hold my head straight.

I've read about serious withdrawal symptoms which I think I was starting to experience after 24 hours of having no money to buy no alcohol. I closed my eyes and saw bizarre images in my head when I tried to sleep and my heart went crazy when I was laying on my side.

>BusPIRone and Hydroxyzine Pamoate
user, have you ever been diagnosed with anxiety or do you THINK it's anxiety because of Dr. Google and WebMD?

This yes. Talk to dr about rehab clinic. Read into siwa scoring

lol that sounds more like stress. Did you have any sweating, shaking, trembling, seizures or delusional thoughts? It honestly sounds like more like you have a severe worrying and stress problem than withdrawals and you're abusing alcohol to cope.

>sweating
no
>shaking
no
>trembling
I get short trembles where my body shakes for a split second
>seizures
No
>delusional thoughts
No

How can anxiety/stress cause very real physical manifestations of symptoms for things you don't have?

Dude, anxiety and stress are real things that cause symptoms.

The hallucinations when you try to sleep are normal if you're super stressed out. Seeing bizarre images when your eyes are shut trying to sleep are normal when you're under a huge amount of stress. It's also normal to hear things that aren't really there or feel sensations in the body that you can't explain like your chest sinking into the bed.

Anxiety is considered a joke by people who've never had it but it very much can cause all of that. It can cripple you and even mimic a heart attack if it gets bad.

The fact you haven't had any of the common withdrawal symptoms makes me think you're just a severe sufferer of anxiety and it's taking over your life. It can do that. If the current Benzos you're taking aren't working, tell your doctor and get on something else. Also, therapy and AA Does actually help. Going to like minded people and talking to people going through the same issue does help.

If you start hallucinating with your eyes open and seeing things that you think are really there or seizing, go to the ER immediately and tell them you're having severe alcohol withdrawal. You'll be moved to the front of the line and they'll give you drugs that help ween you off of it. They might keep you for a few days to monitor you.

This is the real coping mechanism

dothethingneedsdoing.com

>The hallucinations when you try to sleep are normal if you're super stressed out.
I saw an image of a woman pulling a knife out of her face.
A clown on a unicycle riding towards me then disappearing
Random images overlapping and disappearing after a second
The sound of a door slamming
People calling my name
Shit like that
Sleeping was impossible no matter how long I laid down
My heart would skip beats, go quick then stop then do weird and erratic things

lol again user, it sounds more like you were super stressed out because your brain can mind fuck you like that.

If all of this shit goes away, you're dependent on alcohol to get rid of your anxiety. Go to AA and get help. AA is free.

That's not a fucking coping mechanism, that's bettering yourself.

Do you experience any pain or shortness of breath with palpitations? No? They're harmless. They can be frightening but they're harmless.

He's talking sense. ALT/AST are raised due to cellular damage, so you are damaging your liver. However the amount of damage can't be estimated by this blood test. The US will see if there is any fibrosis in your liver (indicating cirrhosis). Cirrhosis of the liver is actually reversible so if you stop drinking you can recover! Liver is a tough organ

This and from all the people I've seen, some people handle alcohol differently. I've seen people who drink enough weekly to fill up a swimming pool that somehow never get liver damage. Then, I see people who drink a few beers a day that destroy their liver.

The body's a funny thing.

>cirrhosis
>reversible

pick one, fool. A scarred liver will never be the same

Please. It's called practice for a reason. They gave me 6 months to live like 5 years ago. Fuck them and the money I spent on them.

You're an idiot. The liver is one of the few organs that has the ability to regrow and regenerate. I'd imagine it hurting being as retarded as you're perceived to be.
>the nigger is strong in this one.

He's right though. Damage to the liver from cirrhosis cannot be repaired.

This isn't a disease. It's heavy drinking. You don't need a second opinion to know that you shouldn't drink heavily every fucking day.

But the cirrhosis itself can be stopped. All it it is scar tissue.

Basically as long as most of it isn't turned into scar tissue your liver will be fine

Yeah it can new evidence has recently come out. I've been to the fucking medical schoool lectures fgt

I made myself a commitment to not get drunk my entire life. I want to do it for my father who ruined his life because of alcohol.

I withdrew from a 4+L of rotgut over proof vodka a week habit cold turkey. I took large amounts of valerian root and passion flower (both contain natural benzo like substances. I drank only at night and all day on weekends and vacations.

If you're withdrawing you'll know because you will be soaking in sweat, unable to sleep, heart pounding and high blood pressure. Alternating chills and feeling hot. Anxiety through the roof. Sleep became possible after day 3. Asked my wife to call ambulance if I seized or began acting psychotic. I can't comment much on hallucinations as I also have HPPD. But the whole first little bit felt like a long fever dream. Took a week off work when I got clean.

You can do it. The real challenge isn't the physical withdrawal which is over in about a week. It's the mental addiction and habituation that takes much longer to fade. Probably a year before I went a day without thinking about booze. Didn't feel normal at all for 6 months. Been sober like 4 years now. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies.

Godspeed alcoholics.

Same with weed. Think i smoked myself schizophrenic. I started to try and cope with mental problems but it just made them worse.

On the other hand, its not like going to a doc would have been any better. I did go to a doc and it took them 7 months to get me a therapist. If i didnt have weed i would have fucking flung myself off a cliff by then. Also the therapist didnt help much. Big whoop for mental health care.

You probably have little irreversible damage to your liver but your brain is the real issue. Get ready for ahedonia in spades when you kick the habit. The docs want to scare the shit out of you so you get sober. Unless you are having upper right quadrent pain and other symptoms like pancreatitis you will be fine.

You gotta convince yourself how much you hate feeling like shit constantly. The anxiety is initially helped by drinking but in the long run it makes it 100x worse. Kick the sauce, get some therapy and in 6 months you'll be in a better place and with a fatter wallet. GL faggot

Are you a alcoholic if you drink once a month?

lol no If you drink once a month you're basically a teetotaler

Sorry to hear it user I wish you luck from the bottom of my glass. I too share desire to not be a drunk. But... I still drink

A lot of very positive results have come from taking hallucinogens in positive settings. Not just recreationally. There was actually an article about it in the latest psychology today. Read it.

The guy who founded AA actually tripped for three days on nightshade and it persuaded him to stop drinking and subsequently formed AA.

Ibogaine also has a positive effect on narcotics addicts.

Mescaline and psylocibin have shown very good effects with alcohol and nicotine.

Seriously. Look it up. This is not bullshit, just trying to help people out there that might genuinely need it. Research it yourself.

This might even give me courage and strength to stop drinking. You all are very strong. Much love brothers

psychologytoday.com/articles/201705/radical-new-approach-beating-addiction

If you drink a handle down that once a month you might be. Get back to me when you can literally drink PBR all day and not get wasted. I would finish 20 while working on my car. Couldn't drink normal beer fast enough, had to graduate to hard liquor to make sure I got my 3 or 4 weekly blackouts in.

Do it and report back tommorow evening, you'll need more support and we'll give it. Remember misery loves company.