Can we have a nice comfy CK2 thread, Sup Forums? How many of you play this? What are some starts you've had fun with...

Can we have a nice comfy CK2 thread, Sup Forums? How many of you play this? What are some starts you've had fun with, or crazy shit you've done?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/underhanded-tactics-torture-rape-and-adultery
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i tried but apparently i too dumb for this

Well the problem is that the tutorial is almost non-existent. You should watch a couple of videos on youtube. It seems like kind of an autistic thing to do but the game is a ton of fun and worth the extra effort to understand IMO. I struggled at first too but it's really not even particularly hard, just complex. Lots of shit going on.

Also pirate all the DLC.

Had to abandon a great England campaign recently. Charlemagne start date, formed the Kingdom of England super quick, was starting my conquest of Wales. Then my king dies, and it turns out his heir and every single Duke and Earl was a fucking Lollard. They all proclaim their faith openly now that the king is also secretly Lollard, and the whole country coverts. No way to salvage it. Still a good game, but the secret societies thing can fuck you up.

What was wrong with converting to Lollard? That's a heresy right? I've never done that yet.

It gives every single Catholic king a valid Casus Belli (Holy War). And the Pope can call a Crusade to retake the land for the Catholics. So unless you can beat the HRE and/or all of Christendom combined, you're fucked.

Oh damn. Did they all do that to you? What's the upside of being a heretic? I figure there must be good aspects or else people wouldn't do it.

Yeah it was every single lord. There's no real upside, the mechanic is there as an extra challenge: Heretic strongholds pop up and cause rebellions, secret societies spread throughout the land as they did to me. I even had my court chaplain on Heretic Watch or whatever it's called, so either he sucked or was in on it.

I have been playing since release. I own all the DLC's.

200 h on Steam, probably 300 before.

There used to be a lot of crazy exploits and bugs that have been turned into features.

Having sex with your sister used to be a bug but it is allowed now in certain cases.

I'm pretty sure you can do it freely now with the Seduction focus. I like way of life, but the existence of that focus makes affairs like 200% more prevalent than they were in the original release.

My current game is with Zoroastrianism so I can legit marry my sister or daughter.

How do you manage a Zoroastrian campaign? I know people do it, but it seems insanely hard given that you have to start being ruled by a massive Muslim kingdom.

I miss the old days when Free Investiture meant exactly that and you could make anyone a bishop.

On one game I captured Joan of Arc, seduced her, married her, had a bunch of kids, when she got too old made her a bishop to break the marriage (stayed lovers), set her up as the anti-pope, declared war on the pope and had her take over the Catholic church.

Fun times.

isn't there a decision to convert to attackers religion during a holy war?

I too would like to know this. Also want to try playing a Jew. I'm doing my first Muslim game now, as the emir of Granada.

That only works for the player character, I think. Wouldn't have reconverted the lords and their counties. Then you have a bunch of heretic lords rebelling against you.

That's pretty goddamn awesome. I didn't know Joan of Arc was in there. Where/when did she show up?

you can bribe all but zealous to convert back

How to get your king dead faster? Because i imprisioned and killed my wife and people don't like me now. He is very old(68). I don't want to go to war.

I'm an idiot, that didn't even occur to me. Ah well, my new England campaign is going okay.

I'm pretty sure if you're depressed you can become an hero.

plot to kill someone, if you get discovered they'll hate you and try to murder you back, if people in your court hate you they'll join in

Ruling focus can give you stressed (-1 health) or depressed (instant suicide option).

Frankish Catholic king of most of France. I think it was late 1200s. HRE had broken up 30 years previously.

Maid of Orleans event triggered although I don't know the exact requirements to make it do so.

Making her the Pope and remaining lovers was fucking brilliant. Declare anyone Excommunicated and holy war them the rebuild the HRE.

Of course it's hard, but it is easier now in the latest patches. The Muslim empire seems to go into an endless decadence spiral.

Yeah man that's fucking badass. It doesn't get much more based than fucking the lady pope that you appointed.

Can't do it anymore without mods. Have to make Cathers dominant branch.

hi,

ck2 fag here. i have over 2050 hours in this game. ask me anything.

ps don't ask me about getting cucked because it happens every time i play

Stupid question maybe, but which is better for a Charlemagne start if you want to unite England quickly: Mercia or Northumbria?

Oh yeah to make a female pope? I was wondering how you managed that. Figured you just had your equality totally maxed but I guess that doesn't change the religion's rules. Just your kingdom's rules.

Why's that a stupid question? I don't know the answer lol

I dunno, I suck at this game. Some stuff seems obvious to people that has to be pointed out to me.

mercia. it's all about the dynasty shield in the end. try getting it done before the viking age starts or you will not be able to stop vikings from raping your wife.

No one can stop viking rape

Yeah, I literally just had back-to-back invasions from Denmark. Bear the elder viking, killed him, his asshole son somehow got a second army and tried again.

What start year do you typically use? I normally just do 1066 but I'm not the same fag who asked the question.

Also, thanks for answering my question

i play lux invicta mostly now because the mod is interesting, even though they never get it updated because paradox wants to fucking repackage shitty dlc from shitty eu4 into shitty ck2.

the best starting date is the most balanced one which would be 1066. but even that has problems because they haven't updated it since release.

best way to play the first time?

>lux invicta
What is this?

everyone will say this; ireland. its pretty much the kiddie pool

If getting cucked is a problem make an example.

Invite him to court of kidnap. Just so they end up in your dungeon. Then take them apart. My last king had this problem once. The offender died blind, castrated, one armed, one legged, maimed, infected wound and lunatic. And I took his wife as a concubine.

I don't know if there is a behind the scenes mechanic for making an example of but I never had that problem again.

the best way to play is not to. you'll want to change your major to history and live the rest of your life in your mom's basement.

start as a vassal of france or holy roman empire, somewhere in the center. ireland if you suck at video games.

in some mods like the agot there is a respect mechanic that works like this, should be in the base game tbh

Most people will tell you to pick one of the Irish counts. In fact Ireland is commonly called Noob Island. It gives you a small area with simple politics so you can get your feet wet. Personally I think that seems kinda boring but it's probably good advice. I can't remember what I did for my first REAL game, but I definitely had to fuck around, fuck things up, and restart a few times. Don't be discouraged if the same happens to you.

it's autism in ahistorical form. alexander the great made it to china, and literally everyone besides him had brain aneurysms when they were five so they sucked at maintaining a state except for rome kind of. jew religions weren't so successful so you can expect a lot more pagans and archaic religions. and it adds a bunch of depth. also there's a huge alt-history timeline somewhere but i'm too lazy to find it.

I just install the rape mods and pillage my way across Europe

>rape mods
Kek what?

Why do you need rape mods in a game that basically already has rape mechanics?

I've played EU4 and liked it a lot. Is it worth buying CK 2 ? It seemed to me it's the same game /mechanism but just a different time line.

I don't know how that isn't self explanatory.

Well not really. I mean how is it implemented? Describe this for me.

moddb.com/mods/underhanded-tactics-torture-rape-and-adultery

>it's the same game /mechanism
its not really, eu4 is basically advanced risk. ck2 is kinda like non fantasy d&d now

Not quite, in eu4 you control a nation, I'm ck2 you control a character from a dynasty

it's a game from a bunch of hippies from swedistan. they wouldn't put in rape so they don't offend their wymyn while they suck off shamir's fat migrant dick. evidence of this is in mohammed's portrait in game.

CK2 adds a really cool roleplaying element, and the stories the game tells if you play it with your imagination are great. I highly recommend it if you liked EU.

Played as the Portucale duke and worked my way up the ranks, conquering Galizia and eventually independence when the King of Asturias died and his three sons got split territories.

The Umayyad are mad as hell tho, they always take some part of Castille and Aragon. Waiting on that crusade to form Portugal and Hispania, Pope.

From the iberian peninsula to Poland? Nice

Really? Vikings can force a female prisoner to be a concubine, how is that not rape?

I think any pagan ruler can do this

Or tribal government

I prefer eu4

it's like cartoon violence. you know someone's getting their head smashed in, but there isn't any blood or death.

a poor girl's taken from her home by big smelly ooga boogas as a personal slave for some smelly guy with a nice hat, fucked senseless for days on end. but it's all lovey-dovey in ck2, it is.

What do you prefer about it? I like EU4 but I haven't played very much of it and surely haven't explored all of its depths. Curious what aspects you think are superior.

I guess that makes sense.

What always gets me is the way the game always turns into a eugenics program simulator given the way that you can inherit traits.

>but it's all lovey-dovey in ck2, it is.
you're talking about game where most character interaction is by way of event pop ups, are you saying you want a detailed rape fantasy written into the game?

do you seriously think i'm some faggot that plays tribal ooga boogas.

It's true, tribal government sucks ass to play

then i don't see why you're complaining about lack of rape