This man attended one of the most prestigious academic institutions on the planet

This man attended one of the most prestigious academic institutions on the planet.

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats
reason.com/blog/2017/02/08/residential-advisor-loses-job-because-sh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a god?

>Duke
Is there an easier school to get into. Literally one of my many safe schools.

It's top 20 worldwide m8

Actually believing this. There are literally 20 schools better than duke.

name em

your a retard. there really arent

The acceptance rate is 11% idiot

i don't know if duke is a top 20 school but it's definitely reputable academically. of course you'd look down on schools like duke if you're aiming for harvard or something.

it's literally top 20 globally

its top 10 in the states

the point is, this fucknob graduated from there+

he only went there for a year

I don't believe the earth is flat but what's wrong with challenging the status quo?

thats what science is about, asking questions.

The solution is simple
He and any other apehooper that agrees with him must play with a frisbee

there's a difference between researching and writing an academic paper on the subject and a public figure recklessly saying such unfounded things to the impressionable general public.

It doesn't matter how well an American school ranks worldwide; Most unis globally are shit compared to what we have in this country, so to mention a school's global rank as a plus is nothing as the global top 200 is America-dominated.

What matters is how well it ranks compared to other elite American institutions

and most of those are based on how much research the school does, not on how well their programs prepare you for the workforce

Cambridge and Oxford are top 10 worldwide easy.

and I'm sure the poo-in-loos have a top 10 as well

>job training as a metric

wew la. Didn't know we were also factoring in technical schools

>university is for making you a better wageslave

conservatives unironically believe this.

OxBridge should be in the top 10, it'd be weird if it wasn't. What should be weird is just how many American institutions you'll find in a global list.

Lets face it, facts don't matter in Trump's America

>athletes go to good schools to learn and not to play sports

Rly made me think

is there a point you're trying to make? stop baiting euros pls

Technically, this is true...but Duke is like 20th in the US and 30th worldwide.

However, at the same time, Kyrie was picked solely because of his basketball ability.

>I don't believe the earth is flat but what's wrong with challenging the status quo?

Absolutely nothing. The problem is that this has been disproven many times. There are a number of experiments proving the earth is round. The Ancient Greeks and Ancient Egyptians both proved it simply by showing that shadows at the same time in Alexandria and Nubia were different.

I really respect Kyrie, and I respect the idea of questioning everything, but the earth being round is pretty straightforward.

Put it to you this way: If Kyrie truly believes earth is slat, why not just get on a boat and sail to the edge? Or if he's one of the "ice surrounding the world" guys, why not just fly to the edge?

*believes the earth is flat

>thats what science is about, asking questions.

Not in [current year]. In [current year] science is about adhering to a politically correct gospel and shaming anyone who dares question the official narrative.

Duke still ranks in AT LEAST the top 15 American Universities.

>baiting Euros
It's a NBA thread about an American player. I don't think Euros will be found in these threads in the first place

Kill yourself

Currently top 10 easy.

What's with all the Kyrie posting tonight? Did he do an Aaron Hernandez or something?

I'm not asking any fucking questions when we can literally fly around the (round) world.

he said he believes the Earth is flat

And I bet you he never attended a single class, it's not on the university he's just a typical retarded jock

Oxford
Cambrige
Harvard
Stanford
Yale
Dartmouth
Brown
Penn
MIT
Princeton
UC Berkley
UChicago
Northwestern
Cornell
Columbia
UCL
LSE
Caltech
Imperial
ETH Zurich

in no particular order btw

Duke isn't an Ivy. They're not above admitting an absolute fucking retard to help them win some basketball games.

>If Kyrie truly believes earth is slat, why not just get on a boat and sail to the edge?

Fucking this; burden of proof is on you flat earthers, if the earth is flat, then get in a helicopter, fly out to the edge of the earth, take pictures, and bring them back to show us. Or just start flying due west in a jet and see if you don't return to your starting location eventually. Or are compasses and magnets a global conspiracy too? Or better yet, call your fucking HOME TOWN, KYRIE FROM AUSTRALIA, AT MIDNIGHT, AND ASK IF THEY CAN'T SEE THE SUN, YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

>Yale is currently better than Duke

Maybe more prestigious, but Yale is a shell of its former self. Affirmative Action killed the ivy league

He didn't even do that

>lost to Derrick fucking Williams

>implying Duke doesn't adhere just as fervently to affirmative action
>implying literal retards like Kyrie aren't more likely to go to Duke for muh bluechip apehoop

You're retarded. HYP have higher entering GPAs and SATs than anyone else. Also, I never hear you fuckers bitch about legacy admissions.

Crackers going after a black man

No one bitches about legacy admissions because they get in on daddy's or mommy's money, not in scholarships that could've gone to someone who is more deserving but has the "wrong" skin color.

lol you idot, people have literally flown around the world in the plane

anyone who thinks the world is flat is literally primate level retarded

Maybe their spot could have gone to someone more deserving, but wasn't a legacy admission :^)

>tfw no college degree
>make 5,000 looniebucks a month from commission

if this isn't bait then all hope is lost.

They're paying for the spot my friend.

>$60k a year is impressive

Do they wait till college to teach you the earth is round in America

what if they're just wrapping around the edge of the map like it's in jrpgs? really makes you think....

Yes, of course they are. But the legacy admit (especially if their parents donate money to the school) will always edge out a better qualified applicant who isn't a legacy. A spot for a "more deserving" person has still been lost. So you're ok with money-based admissions, but not diversity?

Have you been to Duke? It's full of whites and asians

the funny part is that the campus is smack dab in the middle of downtown durham which is full of deadbeats

Is everyone in the world autistic? How do you not understand the podcast was a joke?

It is for someone without a degree or certification.

Nobody actually reads or listens to anything anymore. They just go off the headlines, refuse to acknowledge they didn't actually listen/read and then double down on their original opinion.

>Cornell
>Brown
>Northwestern
>LSE
>UCL

No. At least not at the undergraduate level.

I'm legitimately frightened about the future.

>So you're okay with money-based admissions, but not diversity?

Yes, because money-based admissions allow the University to allot more money towards scholarships.

here's your (you)

I guarantee you that Yale's legacy admits have no effect on scholarships.

$60k is a lot for someone my age (20)

Maybe not, but they have more positive impact than diversity-based admissions.

Why don't the flat earthers just fly to the edge of the world and take a picture?

Literally not a single person has answered this question ever. Is this the checkmate for flat earthers?

Because aurora borealis is effectively an EMP cloud and crashes planes

How convenient ;)

Langoliers patrol the borders.

You are not entitled to ask stupid questions if you can't support your argument.

You guys make peace with the fact the earth is confirmed flat?

>thats what science is about, asking questions.
This is the problem with society. Dipshits think they can do science just by coming up with retarded """"questions"""". Science is about empiricism, not armchair philosophy.

Can anyone fill me in in what Kyrie did that made him really dumb today? I miss the all star thing.

But you chose ITT Tech for convenience.

Lost to a guy nobody knew was still in the league in the 3 point contest, forcing everyone to use some meme ass headline like Kyrie flattened or if only Kyrie had more faith in the roundball

Yeah I understand he lost, but it has to do more with him saying the Earth is flat right?

Wasn't this already known since last week though?

he's dumb as hell but its not fair to put this on duke, lets not pretend that nigga went to class or even stepped on campus unless he was fucking white women or attending games / practice

coach K prob gave up on this dude when he got injured and just forgot he existed

I've been to Duke, it's a good Uni.

Just because one guy says something stupid like "The Earth is flat" doesn't mean the whiole school thinks like him (I hope), haha

The world literally cannot compare to us when it comes to our academic prowess. UK comes at 2nd to us, but not even that close. Top 25 is

Ivy league (8)
Stanford
MIT
Caltech
Chicago
Duke
Northwestern
Berkeley
Notre Dame
Michigan
Rice
Vanderbilt
Carnegie Mellon
Emory
Washington
UCLA
USC
Virginia

Duke is legit top 10 tho.
It's no HYP Stanford or MIT tier but it's definitely abovethan the rest of the ivy league and its 2nd-rate peers like Northwestern, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, etc

>Non-Shill Top College Rankings

Tier 1: Harvard,Stanford, MIT, Yale, Princeton
Tier 2:- Columbia, Penn, Uchicago, Caltech
Tier 3: Duke, Northwestern, Berkeley EECS, Cornell, Vandy, Michigan, Brown, Georgetown UCLA

This is also the correct order.

That's why he's smarter than all you cucks who believe everything you're told.

science has had its say on this ridiculous matter for hundreds of years.
if guy did a tiny amount of research, or just watched a ship 'disappear' over the horizon, he wouldn't have embarrassed himself and Duke.

Kyrie Irving doesn't give a FUCK

>Tier 1: Harvard,Stanford, MIT, Yale, Princeton
>Tier 2:- Columbia, Penn, Uchicago, Caltech

By any measure Columbia, CalTech, UChicago and UPenn are Tier 1.
Caltech is the highest ranked univeristy in the USA, ffs:

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

This was a social experiment, he isn't being serious.

Shit thread.

>UCL

still triggered, i see

Earth is actually a cube when you think about it really hard. Makes sense.

on an athletic scholarship*

He's a dumb nigger.

reason.com/blog/2017/02/08/residential-advisor-loses-job-because-sh

>She has not demonstrated a commitment to social justice growth and promotion to residents," a director wrote in his review of Schwarz.
>Furthermore, Schwarz liked to "play devil's advocate" when talking with other people about "diversity and social justice." Schwarz's zeal for wide-ranging debate on these subjects called into question whether she could be trusted to behave like a good social justice advocate, according to the review.