What do you guys think of the new the fall album?

What do you guys think of the new the fall album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmido703bgU
youtube.com/watch?v=E_BwUNmxZv8
youtube.com/watch?v=n9n17Z0-Crc
soundcloud.com/nailheadparty/radiohead
youtube.com/watch?v=k67p7DN-SWo
youtube.com/watch?v=9VKPdmkb5SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Vjaiwe5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9C_eBZt6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's pretty good, but the last Fall album that I really liked was Your Future Our Clutter, everything since has been alright. This is probably their best since that one though.

Someone posted last night that Mark is dying and there was a photo of him from a recent concert where he looked more shit than usual. Couldn't find anything online about it, but do any hardcore The Fall fans know anything? I don't want our boy Mark dying anytime soon.

Yeah their material's been alright last couple of albums (though I loved wise 'ol man)

Here's the pic, doesn't sound great to be honest

He definitely looks really, really bad lately, worse than usual. He's got big lumps growing out of his forehead and a lot of swelling round his neck, but the rest of him looks quite frail. At the 100 Club he had to walk off and do some of the gig backstage because he was out of breath or something, and when I saw him a few months back he was obviously out of breath and hobbling about a bit more than usual even for him as well. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he did have the flu a few months back and had to postpone some shows for it.
but i think hell be fine

The Fall has 37 studio albums and only 2 of them are bad (according to a friend). Really great band.

I haven't listened to their new album yet, I'm exploring their discography chronologically

I'm actually surprised that he is still alive. He should have died of cirrosis several years ago.

Maybe he'll just live forever

>60 years old
I'm quitting drinking

It's pretty good. Mark has months to live at best.

>31 albums
What the fuck

Anyone think he'll be alive by November? I've never seen them live

which 2?

+ Live albums
+ Part live, part studio albums
+ EPs
+ Standalone singles
+ the 6 disc Peel Session box set that is essential as anything else they released
+ those cash-in archival albums one of their labels put out
+ Mark's 2 solo albums
+ Mark's 3 albums with Ed Blaney
+ The album Mark did as part of Von Sudenfeld

The Fall will.continue without Mark

They do all the music, he just rambles on top of it, often without any melody

he has literally been the only consistent member for the past 40 years
the Fall is basically a pseudonym for Mark E Smith

you dumb or something mate?

I don't know, he didn't told me. But I'll find out soon.

And they have 38 live albums

what the fuck is wrong with him

Probably Are You Are Missing Winner? and... I don't know, Reformation Post TLC or something? Neither are really bad though.

alcohol

Is the name of the band about the season or the verb to fall?

He's morphing into Timothy Spall

It's after the Camus novel La Chute

Yeah, but I've followed this group for a long time and he was always absolutely fucked, he never looked like that. If anything his face was always hollowed out more from the speed.
Looks like it could be steroid treatment for something really bad.

>60 years old
>still drink like there's no tomorrow

He'll be fine.

Well they are English so probably the latter

who's a bigger boozer, mark e smith or shane macgowan?

This made me kek

Alcohol: not even once.

Probably Shane

At the time of Are You Are Missing Winner he was in total disarray, but some of it is still good.
Here's my fav track, nice low-fi VU thrash
youtube.com/watch?v=pmido703bgU

Mark. Apparently Shane doesn't drink as much as you'd think when he's by himself, but will always take an offer of a drink from a fan up when offered.
The more important question is who's going to be fine first?

Was Mark really bad to work with? The Fall had a loooooot of ex-members.

I don't think there will ever be a bigger boozer than MacGowan.

youtube.com/watch?v=E_BwUNmxZv8

How that guy is still alive is beyond me. I am glad that he's alive though.

macgowan is ruined, why he'd inflict U2 on himself in a wheelchair nobody knows

That's actually something to admire. The Fall had a lot of people and all of them was really good in their instrument. Mark knew what the fuck he was doing and who he was getting in his band.

>Apparently Shane doesn't drink as much as you'd think when he's by himself
really? i'd heard that his own wife has never seen him sober.

>Was Mark really bad to work with?

He always ran The Fall as a dictatorship, yeah.
That said, many of the other members of The Fall were just as difficult and strange as he is.
Read The Fallen.

He kicked one out for ordering a salad at a restaurant and believes he kicked Marc Riley out on his wedding day (though Marc says he didn't).

Watching this makes me think we're heading towards the end. (his new 'bird' stalks the stage shouting shit at fans after he's crawled off)
Although the end has been called many times with him.
Bonus if you can get past a minute.

youtube.com/watch?v=n9n17Z0-Crc

He would hit other members for not playing as well as he wanted them to. Marc Riley got kicked out for hitting back. It's like Anton Newcombe... both talented, but literal maniacs.

probably just gaining weight from quitting smokes or something
>capcha: 7300 MARK

Really nice to see a Fall thread here. They are my favorite band.

What is your favorite album by them guys? Mine is Bend Sinister.

>OBLIGATORY NIGGERS
What did he mean by this?

>that woman in red in the background chugging three beers while looking at him

i'm still a novice fall fan so i hadn't realized until this thread that mark was that much of a drunk. there's actually something i admire about highly productive alcoholics. if you can drink that hard and still consistently put out worthwhile material, not have your habit interfere with your creative and intellectual faculties, well hats off.

all that for some boring spoken word post-punk garbage

what a waste of time

Pleb.

Frenz experiment for me, got some of their best material on there

bait

> If it's me and yer granny on bongos, it's the Fall.
Mark E. Smith

he actually checks your musical taste and forbids you to socialize with other bands

He nearly always combined it with amphetamines in bulk.
You can almost hear it on his best stuff, like this.

>We were playing a festival in Dublin the other week. There was this other group, like, warming up in the next sort of chalet, and they were terrible. I said, 'Shut them cunts up!' And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them. The bands said, 'That's the Sons of Mumford' or something. 'They're number five in charts!' I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers

that's because you're a yank

Holy shit this guy will never not be funny as fuck
Thank you britain

I genuinely think Mark's the only person in the music business who just says what he wants with absolutely no filter, it's great

Forgot Morrissey?

desu, I even think Morrissey has something of a barrier on what he says. Like you'll never hear him slag off Mexico.

hahaha fuck.

What did he mean by this?:
>no black man's going to come in my home and call me the oppressor, cause if I've got any call with the English working class...the English working class created this country so that those fuckers could come over here and complain about it, I have no guilt about them, its only the middle class and upper middle class who have any guilt about the blacks and Irish, do you know what I'm saying? and I don't like people pulling that on me...black people and Irish people come over here and think they're being oppressed, the English working class know that as a fact...Do you know what I mean, no black man's going to come over to me and say "You are the fuckin' oppressor," because I've never oppressed him, as far as I'm concerned he's oppressing me, because I have to watch his music on TV and I don't particularly like it, it's another way of looking at it...

>as far as I'm concerned he's oppressing me, because I have to watch his music on TV and I don't particularly like it

He's right, you know.

excellent as always. threads like this make mu less crap

BASED. I love Mark even more now

yfoc one of my fav albums of the decade.
eg, my list

12. Laurel halo – quarantine
11. Tokyo Jihen – Sports
10. Deerhunter – halcyon digest
09. Spangle call lilli line – ghost is dead
08. Kanye west – life of pablo
07. The Fall - Sub-Lingual Tablet
06. Nisennenmondai - #N/A
05. Seo taiji – quiet night
04. The Fall - Your Future Our Clutter
03. Etsuko Yakushimaru - Radio Onsen Eutopia
02. Death Grips – Ex Military
01. Kanye west – mbdtf

im curious to know... do someone of you have any fall record on their favourite albums of this decade? im curious

To me "code selfish" and "marshall suite" are great fall records, underrated as all their nineties output. is the fall expanding their sonic palette with explorations in electronic music, meanwhile the mainstream and underground scene had the “return of guitars” and rock “reinassance” at the early nineties (grunge, nirvana and all that shit)

btw im not into radiohead, they are decent but i've found something interesting

-thom yorke on the marshall suite:

"Tom: "Now, talking of angry that ties very neatly onto next track.
Thom: "(unintelligible)
Tom: "Mr. Angry himself, Mark E. Smith.
Thom: "Yeah.
Tom: "I understand he’s just recently fired the umpteenth line-up of The Fall.
Thom: "I think... Made the best records for ten years and then fired everybody... well done! Ah... that’s the way to do it. Um... but actually this is from... that is a sterling record, but this is like, my favourite one of recent years, and this is “Shake-Off”; it’s from The Marshall Suite. It’s just... you know... It should have been played everywhere all the time. This is like... this is The Fall doing disco, as far as I’m concerned."

-and also there's a dj sessions of yorke with a code selfish song (birmingham school of business school) at 12:24

soundcloud.com/nailheadparty/radiohead
-dj-mix-on-the

To me there´an influence of fall exercises of rock with electronica (code selfish, levitate, marshall suite) in Radiohead (eg, kid a and amnesiac), although in the latter group those exercises aren´t so interesting, are more depressing actually. just sayin pals

Speaking as a Fall fan, this is basically true.

>They are my favorite band.
me too

>do someone of you have any fall record on their favourite albums of this decade?

I think that The Remainderer is one of the best things they've ever done and on par with YFOC.

1) Nwra
2) Fortress Deer Park
3) Tempo House
4) Lay of The Land
5) Paintwork
6) Slates

UNCUT september 2017

We need to have more regular the Fall threads. They're always good and bring out all the Fall fans on the board, but they don't come about all that often. Same with XTC threads.

Hex, innit? Anyone says otherwise is being a contrary fucker.

best pavement record uh

youtube.com/watch?v=k67p7DN-SWo

He's a lot sharper than I imagined he would be at this point. Still funny as fuck too.

mark likes some hip hop, electronic music (techno, drum and bass)... is not orthodox

I've got every fall album on vinyl*, and when I've got the time I'm going to do a compilation of my fav tracks in order, two or three per record, as a kind of guide for friends and people I want to convert, and just because I'll enjoy it.

If and when I do I'll link it here if you like. Can't see it being soon though, my good amps are fucked and I want it to be really high quality, maybe next year.

*not imperial wax solvent, that got away from me and is expensive, got all the rest including the later vinyl issue of pic related which is well worth having.

youtube.com/watch?v=9VKPdmkb5SQ

>I've got every fall album on vinyl

Even Levitate? Original pressings of that record are expensive as fuck.

Props on posting Ketamine Sun. One of the best things they ever recorded.

vital as always
youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Vjaiwe5Y

yeah, I just kept carrying on buying them even when everybody gave up. I only got really serious again with country on the click, that was a fucking amazing comeback.

cheers lad, that and Doctor Buck's letter will be on that comp. I could never even hear the name Pete Tong without laughing for years afterwards.

great

youtube.com/watch?v=sC9C_eBZt6I

Why does every rip I download of Reformation Post TLC and Imperial Wax on Soulseek sound like an over compressed shitty webrip?

Were they just mastered that way? To contrast, Live at the Witch Trials sounds crisp as hell

This is the greatest MES interview of all time

I forgot all about this, I used to have it bookmarked.
The best MES interview is the one that had him, Shane MacGowan and Nick Cave shooting the shit together though.
MacGowan and Smith were on the verge of getting into a fistfight the entire time while Cave kept trying to calm them down, it was really funny.

NEW FACTS EMERGUUUUUH