Dunno, man. I am not really smart myself, but I bet I'm better than this guy. And this is how most left-winger look like

Dunno, man. I am not really smart myself, but I bet I'm better than this guy. And this is how most left-winger look like

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614001081
gwern.net/docs/iq/2014-carl.pdf
journals.plos.org/plosone/article/asset?id=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0050092.PDF
youtube.com/watch?v=ODZ-RUufHgI
theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/27/study-delivers-bleak-verdict-on-validity-of-psychology-experiment-results
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Intelligent people learn what views are high-status, therefore signaling reliability, conformity, and employability. They believe what it is in their interest to believe.

When the state religion was Church of England rather than Progressivism, belief in the 39 articles would correlate with intelligence. Because believing in official truth is what gives one access to state power.

Blacks tend to have lower IQ too. The same people who will quote this study with a smug smile on their faces will also deny IQ is worht shit if you point that out.

Why didn't it actually use adult intelligence, again?

merkel is smart and i am dumb ;)

Now here's the kicker. Conservatives can accurately describe the political beliefs of Liberals and still be Conservative, while Liberals actually struggle to describe the world view of Conservatives (usually by projecting inaccurate motives to the Conservatives).

Education level is a social construct. I could give 16 years of education to a person to describe why the Sun revolves around the Earth. And he'd actually come up with pretty damn good arguments.

Also. The Left doesn't understand social constructs because it cannot into Functionalism.

>The authors claim that people with low intelligence gravitate towards right-wing views because they make them feel safe.

Correct. This is the primary reason why people leave the Libertarian Left. If they feel unsafe they'll move toward the Right, or they'll go into even weirder shit.

>blacks tend to have low IQ
LOL you confirmed for being retarded lel.

I don't believe smart people still use the terms left or right unironically.
There are good ideas on both sides. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

>the same people who say IQ doesn't exist are the first ones in line saying they have a higher IQ than their contemporaries with differing political opinions

user are you a right-winger? you're not stupid are you?

come on be a leftist and smart like us xD

>being this jealous of the black man's penis size

>projecting this hard

>there is no race, we are all the human race
>but fuck white people am i right?!
don't attempt to understand it

Stop being reasonable, don't you know where you are?

>Pretending like that was a meaningful response.

Come on. If your gonna take a swipe, hit like a man. But the liberal mindset is defined by virture signalling so it's natural you immediately go for the ad hominem.

I agree with this fellow.

May the rapefugees begone from your country friend.

You still don't know the Intellect tier list.
Fascist > Libertarian > Liberal > Conservative.

There is a difference between being racist just to be racist and being racist based off evidence (a.k.a. being a racial realist.)

Makes sense looking at this board in comparison to Reddit

>there are good ideas on both sides
>implying reactionaries have good ideas

what's wrong, are you triggered by scientifically-backed data?

don't worry user, you can come over to the left, we won't reject you

If they are so smart, how come they couldnt see the what hellhole their refugee friends would turn Europa Into.

Also, leftists dosent belive in IQ.

Also. There are other research that shows that the leftists are the Most stupid.

Checkmate. Lunatic idiot.

So is this Left compared to Right during the 1800s? Or between Europe and America? How was this very accurate study conducted?

CLAIMING to believe - although a few people end up truly believing to avoid the discomfort given by cognitive dissonance. Also, smart people tend to be better at rationalizing.

>what's wrong, are you triggered by scientifically-backed data?

And what am I exactly supposed to be triggered about?

>implying fascist iq even rises above 60

truly "epic" meme

do you feel safer letting a dictator tell you what to do?

>If they are so smart, how come they couldnt see the what hellhole their refugee friends would turn Europa Into.

If you want to know what I am placing all my bets against the Left, it's for reasons like this.

so whats the black populations excuse?
they do worse on standardized test and thats the way to determine average iq

ITT liberal left wing scum who need "science" to legitimate their own political view and feel better individuals

>"B-but science says..."

Shut up, faggot, you are using science like a religious sacred book. Ironically, in the same way you despise of believers.

>according to the academics

>academics
>not Marxists
pick one

other studies show conservatives are hotter and smarter. cherrypicked

>And this is how most left-winger look like
It's clear that you aren't very smart, like you say, because if you did then you would realize that "most left-wingers" don't look like anything. Individuals are their own people, and not shaped from a mold based on their political positions.

the fact that you're stupider on average than the leftist intelligentsia?

also you didn't even read the article, the study proved that rightists are stupider even taking into account how much education they have

>This study examines three other measures of cognitive ability from the GSS: a test of probability knowledge, a test of verbal reasoning, and an assessment by the interviewer of how well the respondent understood the survey questions. In all three cases, individuals who identify as Republican score slightly higher than those who identify as Democrat; the unadjusted differences are 1–3 IQ points, 2–4 IQ points and 2–3 IQ points, respectively.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614001081
gwern.net/docs/iq/2014-carl.pdf

holy shit
>Sup Forums utterly BTFO
>im a #cruzmissle now
> 'insert more shitty memes here'

>Conservatives can accurately describe the political beliefs of Liberals and still be Conservative, while Liberals actually struggle to describe the world view of Conservatives
Except that this is a whole load of bullshit.

First of all, have you even seen the shit that gets posted here? Most of Sup Forums has no idea what progressive really even stand for. All they know is the tumblr-tier strawman they've constructed.

Second of all, generalizing people and stereotyping them is not the sign of someone with any noteworthy amount of intelligence. Intelligent people will realize that each person is an individual regardless of their political positions. Some will not be able to accurately describe the arguments of their opposition, and some will. It has nothing to do with "liberals can't, but conservatives can"

I thought IQ was a social construct.

Although I will absolutely agree that Right Wingers, in general, have a lower IQ. They struggle to adapt to a globalized world and therefore gravitate toward Authoritarianism for protection. The thing is, it's in their interest to do so.

And again. Education is a social construct. It's no surprise to me therefore that Right Wingers, even when given an education, will have a lower IQ on average. It's just the way it is.

But now you haven't addressed any of my points. Why waste your time talking to a 'dumb right winger' like me?

>liberals were the least accurate about both groups
journals.plos.org/plosone/article/asset?id=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0050092.PDF

>tfw Sup Forums has turned into the right-wing circlejerk that they criticise tumblr for

#gaymerg8, am i right fellow pol friends?

>Intelligent people will realize that each person is an individual regardless of their political positions

Semantics.

Conservatives think in more moral dimensions than Liberals so Liberals struggle to understand why they do what they do. There's an actual science to do this which explains so much but Trade Secrets.

I am conservative and have a high iq but also autism so maybe it cancels out

Are you a Libertarian?

>One article
Not impressed. Has the paper's findings been replicated?

Either way, it's not particularly wise to take the results of one study and try to generalize all liberals based on the results.

>But now you haven't addressed any of my points. Why waste your time talking to a 'dumb right winger' like me?

my man, you are posting in le epic leftist troll thread

the massive right-wing circlejerk here has to break sometimes

>pls take leftist propaganda seriously :(
No

Troll or no Troll. I'm interested.

What the fuck is this?

>Right or Left wing
>Anti-gay and racist views

Are they trying to fucking imply the only difference between right and left is racial beliefs and beliefs about faggots?

>science is now propaganda

don't sweat it my friend

reality is propaganda too :^)

>Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers

youtube.com/watch?v=ODZ-RUufHgI

yes I am :(

Calm down pol pot.

Yes, most people of the papers that claim conservatives are stupid generally differentiate based on only social views.

>generalizations can't be made from statistics
Do you have evidence to the contrary faggot?

by that logic niggers should all be facists

Also I'm not German I'm American

>Semantics.
I don't think you even know what that word means.

In any case, it's not a point that you should simply be disregarding. In fact, it strikes right at the heart of the major political disagreements in the U.S. today, especially as far as the ongoing polarization of the electorate is concerned. If more people were able to realize that everyone is an individual rather than a representative of their politics/race/gender, then we would all be better off.

/tread

Statistics are extremely misleading, first of all, and can easily be manipulated to advance a particular agenda. Second, this is not an issue of statistics. This is an issue of one journal article finding that a particular group of liberals was less effective at one thing compared to a particular group of conservatives. Until the same result has been found over and over again consistently, you should not be taking that result and attempting to apply it to every single liberal in the world.

Then it's not a coincidence that high IQ also correlates with cuckoldry.

>If more people were able to realize that everyone is an individual rather than a representative of their politics/race/gender, then we would all be better off.

You think the Left is innocent of pandering? That's why I left the Left. Because the pandering grew surreal.

it's because intelligent people are often too busy with brainy stuff to care about politics, so they just go with whatever is mainstream, which is liberalism

I'm only applying it the the US, but until I see evidence to the contrary (which I have not), then yes I will apply this result to everyone in the US.

>but muh replication
Well let me know if you find anything else.

>You think the Left is innocent of pandering?
Are you retarded, user? I'm not saying the left is innocent of anything. Never once did I imply that anything I said applied only to one group of people.

what can I say other than you were wrong?

you claimed that liberals can't understand conservative worldview, and that the left can't into social constructs, both of which are weak arguments at best

also, you provided no proof backing any of your arguments

i have a scientific study up in the op :^)

>but until I see evidence to the contrary (which I have not), then yes I will apply this result to everyone in the US
That's not how science works. You don't get one result and then just say "welp, it's official - No doubt about it!"

>Intelligent people will realize that each person is an individual regardless of their political positions
kek tell to that the collectivist hivemind that is called the left

>Most of Sup Forums has no idea what progressive really even stand for.
true scotsman much? we see their actions and that is refusing giving arguments and screaming like a pack of feral apes when challenged. in the end what counts are actions and not definitions you can find in your liberal arts textbook.

This isn't science.

Funny comment! I agree "Argument to moderation" fallacies are reasonable!

I'm sure you can pull into the sanctioned Church archives to prove whatever you want.

theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/27/study-delivers-bleak-verdict-on-validity-of-psychology-experiment-results

My only interest is reaching YOU.

I mixed you up with a different user. Mea Culpa. But keep in mind that 'individualist' voters are middle class voters, and we don't make those anymore.

are you scared that the big black men with their big black uncut penises are going to seduce your fat white girlfriend and steal her from you?

and not only that, but the only thing you had going for you more than the blacks was your intellect, which has been proven to be ineffective because you're right wing?

>true scotsman much?
Not even close.

>we see their actions and that is refusing giving arguments and screaming like a pack of feral apes when challenged
So you think bratty college kids represent every progressive in the country. Let me tell you something: Most of those people you hate the most - those safe-space, white-privilege college kids - They don't even care about progressive politics. They care about their safe spaces, their social justice, and their identity politics in general. Progressive ideology is, and has for over a hundred years, been about much more than that. Just because you lack a full understanding of the issue doesn't mean your understanding is all there is.

>This isn't science.
wow you're fucking retarded. Please leave immediately.

Literally doubling down on that fallacy.

It was a survey of questions and statistics. Learn the difference retard.

>Progressive ideology is, and has for over a hundred years, been about much more than that

But it isn't anymore. That's the point. The Left changed direction after 92 and it's gone to shit ever since. If the Cold War was still raging as the West is now, we'd be fucked.

I used to be 'Left Wing,' but of the Left that was established by Roosevelt and not Clinton. Now I'm proud to be Right at this point.

It is always better to know what is right and what is wrong. Pick a damn side or dont make your opinions known

>It was a survey of questions and statistics.
It was science. The paper had a hypothesis, that hypothesis was tested, and they obtained results from that test. THAT IS SCIENCE.

>Literally doubling down on that fallacy.
No, it wasn't doubling down on anything. Again, you having a limited understanding of progressive ideology does not mean that there is nothing to progressive ideology aside from the understanding you have of it.

I don't think I'm all that smart, but I see more leftists than not who are flat fuck retarded. I'm not even saying this out of any bias of my own, because I've met a tiny handful of lefties in my life who are extremely intelligent people, however the overwhelming majority are objectively, frighteningly stupid. I live in a very liberal city, and the rationale behind many of their beliefs and actions is completely baffling, because most of the time it doesn't even exist and they're just following what's socially acceptable. This might be human nature to a point, but I've never seen a group of people so thoroughly convinced that they are the most intelligent, enlightened people on earth when they do nothing to prove that and lack any independent thought whatsoever. All they do is repeat the same generic platitudes over and over again that, while flimsy to begin with, they don't even understand or attempt to understand. They don't care if the ideas they spout directly contradict what they said immediately prior, because it's the accepted consensus amongst their social circle. It's a herd mentality that really doesn't actually have anything to do with politics, it can be applied to just about anything, you name it. The lack of any real sincerity or self-awareness is the problem here, like the most obvious example being that they preach this whole idea of subjectivity and open-mindedness while simultaneously being incredibly rigid and dogmatic, getting irrationally angry when presented with something that goes against the grain of what their told to think, all while failing to explain or understand why they're so angry without falling back into their meaningless playbook of muh inequalities and muh racisms/sexisms/whateverisms. This is not the mark of an intelligent person, and this is almost every single leftist I've ever talked with about politics.

Compare this board to Reddit and you'll see that you guys really are fucking dumb.
Hope you're all trolling

>But it isn't anymore
In practice, it very much is. That progressive ideology still exists. Maybe it's not prominent in our universities, but in public policy it absolutely is. You should take the time to learn the difference between college protests and public policy in action.

>muh not real progressivism
blabla. take responsibility and stop evading.

>conservatives score low IQ
HAHAHAHA CONSERVATARDS BTFO
>blacks score low IQ
whoa whoa whoa watch the fucking racism

"Progressive" Ideology that you are referring to coerced people into dropping their own native language for English. It was also known for spearheading Prohibition AND took on highly religious tones (similar to Jimmy Carter.) I may not know everything, but when you use the word "progressive," your talking about groups of people that would be considered flaming right wingers by today's standards. If you mean "Bernie Sanders Progressives," understand that these folks just came into force very recently.

So it sounds really insincere that I'm supposed to identify with a group of people who have little in common with their tradition.

I subscribe to Institutional Economics for fuck's sake, by the way. That's how aware I am of "Progressives."

The paper merely had a hypothesis and some questions asked, but the field itself is not a scientific one nor do they strictly follow the scientific method. No theory was developed or possible predictions.

>no true scotsman intensifies

This is the consequence of Virtue Signalling. It never remains consistent.

Oh yeah leftists are so smart yet they can't even comprehend basic economics or history.

I'm sure this is a high quality study free from bias. I'm sure the """"scientists"""" didn't already have their results planned and then tailored the study to prove them right.

More wonderful work from overpaid, useless, and dishonest academics.

the left knows there are slight physiological differences between races

we just don't care though

it's the right and the racial supremacists who need to make a big deal about IQ, and ironically they have the lower quality genes in their race

might as well troll ya for it

I don't know. I wasn't very good in school. I see it as child abuse to make young boys sit in class all day learning anything other than basic maths and English.

Young boys should be out playing sports and doing other physical shit. Not sitting in class all day, reading useless books like a bunch of filthy, weak ass jews.

I couldn't stand it in class, I would purposely disrupt the class just so I can get kicked out and play some football or some shit. Western schools aren't there to educate your children, they're there to indoctrinate liberal beliefs into them and make them weak.

>"Progressive" Ideology that you are referring to coerced people into dropping their own native language for English
>It was also known for spearheading Prohibition
Different time. Ideologies do change, but in this case it hasn't changed as much as you think. The focus is, as it was then, on the role of government and increasing democracy for the people.

>Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter was never a progressive. In fact, the rightward shift of the Democratic party initially began with his nomination. It's often attributed to the Clintons, but it goes back further than that in reality.

At the end of the day, the core argument of progressive ideology regarding the role of government and democracy, remains the same. You can go all the way back to the 1912 platform and see that, despite the differences based on the era in which they lived, not a whole lot has changed at the most basic level.

>the left knows there are slight physiological differences between races

So its disingenuous for pandering? Tell people one thing, and then tell the opposition something else? IQ to me isn't the problem of our society. It's the Left Wingers who con people into going thousands of dollars in debt for abilities that God, for whatever reason, sought not to give them.

T. Disabled.

Explain niggers.

>but the field itself is not a scientific one
Whether or not you think it is a "scientific field" is completely irrelevant.

The only thing they had in common was increasing the role of the Federal Government and we (should) both know that. But the fact that you didn't get my "religious left" reference means that it's kind of obvious that you don't see the past correctly. People on the Left had very little common before 1968 and after 1968, because the Left cognitively transformed into Liberalism. Also. What is "Left" represents change, and the Left "changes" when it "changes directions."

IDK. Take a second look at the past.

thank you female teacher who don't understand boys

Stereotypes are such because they often ring true about the majority of a group of people. There's nothing wrong with prejudging a group while looking out for the individual exceptions to the stereotype.

Intelligent people don't simply side with the people they agree with the most.
There's the right wing and there's the left wing. No one is 100% right or 100% left wing. You agree with something on both sides. You may agree with the right wing on economics while also agreeing with leftists on abortion.

Let's say you are a smart person who is 30% left wing and 70% right wing. Are you going to identify as Right wing and be vilified for your entire life and seen as the bad guy for your entire life, or are you going to call yourself Left/Centrist so that you can advocate for your Right wing beliefs without much of a risk of it backfiring against you?

I think it's much easier to be a Leftist who speaks out against immigration, socialism, feminism etc because you then you are given a platform. If people call you out on not being a Liberal you just say that you are a Liberal and it's ridiculous that someone would accuse you of being Right wing.
This is why smart people are on the Left. They're simply playing the game and getting what they want from life without any risk.

Liberalism goes back way before anyone started using the term progressive in American politics. Similarly, the idea of a "left wing" does as well. I also wouldn't use the terms "left" and "progressive" interchangeably if I were you. Left and liberal are much more general terms that are susceptible to more significant changes.

And you fuckers thought this trolling was going to be easy.

There are real terms but that's Trade Secret shit.

>liberal cock discourse
non argument

Smart people tend to be socially liberal and economically conservative.

The middle ground wins.

Their whole argument revolves around Right wing = safer = dumber for god knows what reason

I think we should make a bullshit study about lefties too

>>Crucially, people's educational level is not what determines whether they are racist or not - it's innate intelligence, according to the academics.
But the leftists told me it was all ignorance???

Seriously though, it's pretty common knowledge that low-trust environments lead to less intelligent kids. Low trust also tends to make people more likely to favor the devil they know.

>muh middle ground

jews must be real dumb

>dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2095549/Right-wingers-intelligent-left-wingers-says-controversial-study--conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

Here is your intelligent leftist SJWs.