The guitar solo on ''Time''

>The guitar solo on ''Time''

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8oN5MzVqhBI
youtube.com/watch?v=CeH94cBrA64
youtu.be/4RYIxViWyCI?t=20m56s
youtube.com/watch?v=WUSj3CrElC8
ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/al_di_meola_once_said_saying_that_one_note_says_so_much_more_than_100_is_bullshit.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rn2NIhVI8qQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RX1JhYkLxrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This was one of the first thing I heard that really got me into music. Before I had heard it I didn't even really have a taste in music. This was probably grade 6 or 7

Same for me. People on fuckin Sup Forums wont shut up about "WHOAA DSotM what are you a fucking pleb" and yeah i will admit that it is entry level, but if it werent for that album i would be into some nasty shit. Guns n' roses', green day. Oh it gives me the chills.

le "emotional" pentatonic reddit man

this.
the albums that really got me into music are DSotM and Ziggy Stardust, before them I didn't even listen to whole albums

>Plebs: the thread

??????

Yep, before that I thought Bohemian Rhapsody was the height if music. I hardly ever listen to DSOTM anymore (not even my favorite Pink Floyd album now) but it will always be special to me.

>I burst from the womb listening to Swans

That shit is fucking legendary

>guitar solo on Shine on You Crazy Diamond
dick is crazy diamonds

That song is the reason I got serious about playing the guitar. I still think it's one of the greatest rock songs ever, even though DSOTM as a whole is overrated.

youtu.be/8oN5MzVqhBI
skip to 6:30 for neat guitar "solo"

Well hold on a minute dipshit, we never said it was the best album of all time and that we still listen to it. I literally just said it was entry-level. I have broadened my tastes you know.
>I burst from the womb listening to Swans
this kek

David Bowie's Time also has some great guitar work

>the guitar solo on St. Elmo's Fire
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-3djUYgebU

That is actually Robert Fripp playing it

>the guitar solo of The Final Cut

what artist are you even talking about

>the guitar solo on Aegian Sea

>Swans
>not pleb
pick one

DSotM was what got me into music as well. Breathe, Time, Any Colour You Like, Eclipse were unlike anything I had heard before.

Life changing album if you're not a contrarian faggot.

>The guitar solo during Shine On section iii
>The 2nd guitar solo on Comfortably Numb (Pulse version)

>obnoxious guitar solos

No thanks

Gilmour solos aren't even obnoxious. He has the slowest and most melodic guitar playing of anyone out there.

>The ringing clocks intro on time
I always turn up the volume. Such an enjoyable part. My ears love it.

You should start listening to Ennio Morricone

Guitar solos do nothing for me

What was your "gateway album"?
As in:
>that album that was weird/different enough than the rest
>it was the point were you realized nothing had to be the same
It could've been ultra-pleb stuff like DSotM or a very strange underground record you found.
Just what was the spark that started your actual, real interest in music?

Tool

led zep II

no shit, brian eno could never play something like that

youtube.com/watch?v=CeH94cBrA64

youtu.be/4RYIxViWyCI?t=20m56s
Listen to the whole solo starting at 20:56 with all your focus and tell me you don't feel something.
Not an album.

this.

most of them aren't even improvised, they're fucking written out and done to the tee.

Justin bieber - journals

This shit is the apex of guitar music imo

so?

Not true. He just plays very slowly and deliberately. If you actually listen to him and his live performances you'll hear them vary from show to show.

i wouldn't go that far but i was always a little contrarian faggot when i was 15 thinking that the noise rock sonic youth was making in the early 80s was better but daydream nation is so fucking atmospheric and pretentious in all the ways you could want an album, besides probably the lyrics.

Yeah I feel disgust. Guitar solos are played out and gross. They sound like something that should be left in the past, where they belong. licks only sound good when they're built into a harmony

aphex twin - chosen lords

I likes guitar solos, but I sorta agree. Vocal guitar hybrid solos like are the future.

it's always corny as hell. when i hear a solo i'm always thinking it's this self expression of that specific person not a way to reinforce the dynamic of the song. gilmour is cool though because he took the rock solo and made it more ballad sounding than muh fast technical nonsense but his stuff is pretty predictable and poppy rather than being mysterious and new like a solo from mccoy tyner or john coltrane

i didnt have much of a normie phase, i was always looking for different stuff once i started actively listening to music (which wasn't until like 16yo)

>Mike Patton & the boys
My african american brother. My father introduced me to Mr. Bungle and Fantomas, if that isn't weird enough by itself

That shit is gross too in my opinion

I like shit like this where the leads are built into the harmony

youtube.com/watch?v=WUSj3CrElC8

Less is always more when it comes to guitar in my opinion. If the lads at the local guitar say you shred that's when you know you've gone to far

kid a for me, too
my taste evolved basically like this:
whatever is on the radio > numetal (linkin park, soad, etc) > pink floyd, led zeppelin and other dadcore bands > progressive rock > radiohead (I unironically listened to Kid A daily for over a year during hs) > lots of "weird" indie, jazz, techno, noise and experimental music > present time

nowadays i listen mostly to techno desu

I'm not a big fan of floyd, classic rock or even guitar any more, especially blues based rock solos, but the solos on Dogs are absolutely beautiful and will never die.

Abbey Road

kek animals is the worst pf album you boring loser

>Less is more when it comes to guitar

define worst, then good then rank them all and give points out of ten

Yeah just find some nice little chords smooth little bass line maybe a little bit of leads, can't go wrong

Are you serious? Melancholic white boy shtick isn't boring to you? Not even him by the way.
Oh, nice little chords and a little bit of leads? Less is more? I'm can guarantee you've never listened to flamenco or jazz guitar players.
ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/al_di_meola_once_said_saying_that_one_note_says_so_much_more_than_100_is_bullshit.html

Metallica fan spotted

I've literally given you examples of jazz and flamenco guitar playing and you've deduced I'm a Metallica fan... I don't even know what to say.

I guarantee you if you posted a pic of your guitar the head would be pointy and black

Adrian Belew live with Talking Heads in 1980. This is how to play guitar. The band is a fucking machine considering they've all just escaped from concentration camps, this should be longer.
youtube.com/watch?v=rn2NIhVI8qQ

Music was never the same after stumbling onto this.

Nice telepathic ability buddy, especially for an anonymous image board. Just stop, we're not even talking about anything relevant. Here's something different for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=RX1JhYkLxrs

>playing guitar hero: world tour
>float on starts playing
it had such a different sound from anything else I'd ever heard

You have to listen to other genres of music. And no, I can almost guarantee you haven't explored and heard all the madmen of guitar.

>be 14year old me
>Roger Waters is doing a show in my city
>Dad brings me cause I only knew Iron Maiden
>Be blown away, cause there's a wall and explosions and a bigass projector and shit
>What Shall We Do Now? animation comes on
>Jizz in pants

Don't listen to it much know, but boy that remains the best concert I've ever seen.

Same here.

Never considered myself a fan of a band or album before DSotM, age 22. Before that I just listened to the radio and liked songs.

Is it in the dad manual to introduce Pink Floyd to their sons?

No, that would be Led Zep

Still gold.

But that album also began my spiraling depression.

The first time I heard Rubber Soul, I started feeling something in music. I must've been 12. After that, Quadrophenia and Revolver were the only one that came close to giving me similar sensations.

She's obviously talking about Joe Satriani.

So much this.
Floyd really got me into music. After Floyd came Radiohead and I've been a music geek since.

>DSOTM as a whole is overrated
Only in retrospect. At the time it was a big deal.

My dad's from a bit later, he showed me Talking Heads. Though, yeah, he did have Dark Side of the Moon.

>nobody has mentioned watching Woodstock

Seriously changed my life

??????

I have the prog rock Dad, so yeah. It was then into Rush and Yes and King Crimson. He just kinda invites to any concert that thinks might be interesting. Then I got into experimental jazz and other stuff.

who /glamdad/ here?

who /bogan/ dad here?

I remember when I was like fifteen (2004 or so) I had my first summer job and I went to the city with my dad and bought a bunch of new CDs and it was a pretty big jumping off point for my musical journey

>Arcade Fire - Funeral
>DFA1979 - You're a Woman
>Beck - Odelay
>Radiohead - OK Computer
.>The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
>Aphex Twin - Druqs

plus some others that I can't remember right now. It all seems pretty entry level but it was my jumping off point from listening to Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins and NIN and getting into more interesting stuff

I had a similar thing, I used to work in Next and would get essentially paid cash in hand, would pick up a CD after work and listen to it on my walkman on the bus home.
Good times desu, bought loads of Bowie and Dylan and Radiohead and would sit on the bus home pondering about when I was finally going to get laid. To be 17 again.

Loveless, Siamese Dream and Welcome to Sky Valley.

For me it was the violin/guitar solo in Dazed and Confused from their movie.

>Less is always more
No the best guitars have more.

More overdubs, more colours, more textures.

haha yeah, good times, though they didn't really feel like it at the time. the mid2000s were a cool time in music. I was big into the garage rock revival bands, and the indie scene was getting more mainstream attention before it all started to crash and burn

Didn't have a home computer til 2004, finding music was a different animal then

Guilty.

I remember when I first listened to Siamese Dream, shit fucked me up

I always pictured sunset in my head when listening to it

Yes.

Or the one in The Four Horsemen for that matter

>the guitar solo on "After The Ordeal"

Hello musiclet.

Those albums are the big three for big guitar sounds.
Discover those and you will be a good guitarist.

>snare hit x2
>WOOOOAOAAAAAAAAAWAAAAOAOAOOOOOOOOOOWAAAAAAAYAAAEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEOOOOOOOOOAAAAOOOOOOAAOOAOWOOAOAOAAOOOOOAOAOAYEAAAAAOOOEEOOOOOOOAOOOOOAOWAOOOO

White Pony

>All of Mood For a Day

Atomizer

>the guitar solo on machine gun