What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

pretending to be retarded

Jealousy, greed, and narcissism.

literally me

And autism

DING DING DING DING DING DING

He cant act and he was stuck in a Snyder film.

BTFO by too much knowledge, too.

Bad scriptwriting and worse direction.

Obviously he's a supreme fedora lord.
>muh grudge against god
>muh daddy issues
>my I hate guys with more power than me so I have to BTFO them
He's the ultimate numale and Snyder was going on a full statement with him. This is why BvS triggers so many people.

Daddy diddled him as a child.

Here's a question for you - what would his grudge against God(if he even really had one) have to do with Superman?

He literally explains that on the rooftop scene. He equates power with god and rips off Epicurus's comment on the nature and limitations of god.

Or something like that. This movie is dumb as fuck.

>Godly powers
>Came from another planet
>Does selfless acts around the world

After a million shots of SuperJesus, I expected people to get the paralel right.

And yet people don't get it (or maybe it's just bandwagoning to fit in)? Imagine if it was something actually smart.

The problem is that the last 20 minutes of the movie is the wrong time to establish your antagonist's motivations, and its done in weird and off putting monologues that come off as the ramblings of a burnt out candy kid the day after a music festival ends.

That and
>Our mom's have the same name! I'll stop my random and irrational grudge match against you now!

/thread

Why do you guys just assume that the guy that's spent the entire plot lying to and manipulating people suddenly decides to treat the person he's trying to manipulate more than anyone else with near perfect honesty?

That's retarded. Don't be retarded.

Double dubs confirm. I won't disagree the pacing was off, but I don't see how that is connected to not getting Lex.

>The problem is that the last 20 minutes of the movie is the wrong time to establish your antagonist's motivations,

Except he openly talks about PROMETHEUS in the party.
We know how deluded he is since the beginning of the movie. The lies he tell to the senator and Superman are irrelevant.

No no no, lets not muddy the water. There is enough dumb shit happening with Lex alone.

Honestly the worst part is lois appearing out of nowhere screaming THATS HIS MOMMY'S NAME! Seriously fuck Lois and her off screen teleportation powers and lazy script writing clairvoyance.

He is a retard that believes Lex wants to kill supermancuz dad was bad.

>Except he openly talks about PROMETHEUS in the party.

And that's a beautiful thing, because everything he's saying there is far more applicable to the stand Superman took against the Kryptonians in Man of Steel. Depending on how self-aware you choose to believe Lex was at that point, he could either be talking about himself, talking about Superman without even realizing it, or best of all, talking about Superman, knowing that everyone else at the party wouldn't be smart enough to figure out he's not talking about himself.

Ayy someone who gets it.

Lex is clearly disturbed. He straight up talks to himself at his dinner and literally bets his life on his retarded plan (If you kill me...Martha dies)...a plan that has no benefit for him whatsoever other than the pride that he did it.

Whatever logic he uses to justify his actions is clearly second to his own retarded insanity..

that's why it's so good...

That's not a disturbed character, its a poorly written one.

What was the point of the black chick that got shoved under the bus? With so much vague shit happening (double dreams with one being a visit from the future???) I forgot who she was, even the film forgot since no one mentioned she died.
Also Lex seemed pretty happy with his assistant, why the fuck did he let her die?

Is a terrible actor. That is his problem

I think he fully expected Superman to kill Bruce. Lex doesn't seem to ask for things of anyone he doesn't already know they can deliver.

>What was the point of the black chick that got shoved under the bus?
D-did that happen? I don't remember anything about this stupid movie.

She was the "witness" that he paid to testify before the Senate hearings.

Sorry, subway train, the head Merc shoved her in front of a train. Even the DC wikia doesn't mention her.
And she came clean to the senator, yes? Hence getting splattered?

>And she came clean to the senator, yes? Hence getting splattered?

Yes. She returned to her apartment and saw Lex's goons looking for her from the bus. She turned right back around and spilled her guts to Finch, but ended up getting wasted anyway.

The fact that she did that was yet another reason that the Senate bombing was absolutely going to happen whether Superman showed up or not.

She was the witness

The only fault in Lex's plan was underestimating the moral character of the other two principals. That's where he fumbled and had to hit his "Oh shit" button and activate Doomsday, which accomplished part of what he intended, just not in the way he intended it to happen.

Fortunately(for her), Amanda Waller was smart enough to pick up the ball and run with it.

The only flaw in Lex's plan was not knowing that their mom's had the same name.

then his character is even worse than everyone thought

If Superman had gone into the fight intending to kill Bruce, not even that would have mattered.

Nah, you're just a moron.

His flaw was thinking everyone was as corrupted as himself.

God that hair is awful. WTF were they thinking?

No, he came to talk and ask for his help... which is why he pushed him through a building. I guess.

He could have lasered his head off without ever touching down.

Originally he came to ask for help. Yeah but after Batman activated the Sonic trap (against supersensitive Superman) and shot machine guns at him I think he just wanted to skip the buddy buddy shit and metaphorically flop out the BKC so Bruce would listen.

>WTF were they thinking?

No idea.

They expected one of them in the wreckage brother.

>and metaphorically flop out the BKC so Bruce would listen.
That worked so well the last time he tried it.
Also, why didn't batman just use kryptonite bullets?

I know right.

Its almost as if they were drawing inspiration from the comics

>comparing that beautiful red hair to Einsenberg's cheap wig

Lex Luthor clearly has never been portrayed anything like he is in BvS previously

No sir.

It's a movie not a comic. Not everything translates well to film. But Snyder is a hack so it's not like I expected him to actually have taste

>WAAAH Luthor is nothing like he is in the comics!

>Yeah well, just because it was in the comics many times before doesn't mean it should be used.

Amazing

>retcon hero and arch enemy into school-chums
I hate that shit so much.

>many times
>keeps posting only that Johns' story
>uses Lex II even though he was not actual Lex
>imgur filename

Damn these comic experts are really BTFOing BvS' critics

>WAAAH Luthor is nothing like he is in the comics!

nice strawman bro

>John Story
>Post image of Superman Birthright by Mark Waid and Leinil Francis Yu as well

Anything else to add cuck?

BLACK AND BLUE: FIGHT NIGHT!
GOD VS. MAN -- DAY VS. NIGHT!

2 stories!
And everyone knows he had red hair before turning bald anyway. But none of them have him turning bald just because he goes to prison. That's only Snyder's "realistic" version.

How do you watch movies if you can't follow a simple plot

Legitimate autism

So not muh?

Its more like its really, really hard to care about 2 hours of lex literally creating plot contrivance from within the plot to force a contrived conflict where there literally can't be one, only for it all to be discarded once mama kent gets kidnapped.