ITT: times where Piero just didn't get it

ITT: times where Piero just didn't get it.

R Plus Seven (Warp, 2013) is too amateurish to be taken seriously. The brooding requiem-like Boring Angel is mildly entertaining (but hardly revolutionary) and most of the rest is either trivial (like the ambient and pop fusion of Problem Areas, or the noisy drone of Chrome Country) or chaotic (Zebra).5/10

his entire career

>says the Beatles never did anything worth saving
>gives Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road 7

>writes glowing review of an album
>gives it a 7

What did he mean by this?

fpbp

Disco Volante is an experimental disc, a barrage of unfinished ideas perhaps inspired by John Zorn's jazzy hardcore-jazz, but which in the end looks more like the Half-Japanese fragments of cauldrons . The orchestration has expanded to a great extent (from clarinet to glockenspiel) but no song is orchestral, because all the pieces die before they become music.
6/10

the abortion his mother tried to get.

but he got it right

loooooooooooooooool

kys

A 7 in his rating scale is a "must buy" I believe

were not in school anymore dummy. 7 is pretty fucking good

I'm aware that a 7 from him is good, but he said the Beatles didn't do "anything worth saving" then gave two of their albums a 7 (which means "buy it eventually", i.e. they're worth saving).

When he assumed Rock 'n Roll, a tradition of ethnic American and African music, is best when it's poorly imitating classical music.

rp7 sucked ass. hes right

how did it suck

I don't know how those retards didn't understand what you were saying

it's just mediocre as fuck
only people who aren't much into music would think that it's anything worthwhile

I have a PhD in understanding Music and this album is in my top 5 albums ever ever.

A new meme?

bad for you

Oh, boy. I now know where the "visceral" guy got his arguments from. There was apparently another one of these masterminds who's claimed that The Velvet Underground were trying to play classical music.

He does it for attention
What better way to attract attention then to hate on the most acclaimed and popular band in history with an essay fans will go out of their way to criticize?

How does having a PhD in understanding music help? What does it teach you? Serious question.

It teaches you what is bad music and what is good music.

Why are you even replying to such obvious bait? Why are you bumping?

That has no substance, explain how it sucks or fuck off kid

>decide to read a page on his website of a random artist
>he mentions the Beatles out of fucking nowhere
this man is obsessed

he's only wrong if you're a pleb

kek

>THE FACT THAT
What instrument do you play again?

could you look at my chart and tell me what albums i should get rid of? ty :)

In the course of a PHD you would learn a comprehensive understanding of music history and theory, giving you much greater context than Scaruffi or any hack critic.

>jazzy hardcore-jazz
he's a shitty writer too

>tripfag
>being contrarian on purpose or lazily baiting
Why am I not surprised?

?

I wasn't doing either of those, I just pointed out that that was a lazy choice of words

not a tripfag, newfag

filename related

retard

>it sucked
>how did it suck
>it's mediocre
Are you fucking kidding me?

sorry, I started shitposting because I haven't swallowed my Bull's semen in the last 25 minutes

Divers is the only JN album I've lost the urge to listen to again, and it's not even two years old yet.

to me it is almost equal to Ys as being her most memorable in terms of melody and lyrical/vocal performances, I have no idea why it gets so much hate but the bloated Have One (Ton Of Filler) On Me gets praised