Billionaire Chinks buying our houses (and not living in them)

What are we going to do about all the billionaire and millionaire Chinks buying our houses? I live in Victoria, and I used to think it was a meme. House prices went up 17% in the last year. By the time I graduate university and save 100,000 CAD for a down payment, the average house in this town is going to cost a million dollars. It's going to be even more in Vancouver. "Drive to you qualify" is not acceptable. No one should have to spend more than an hour drive to and from work every day, and we wouldn't have to if our city planners and public transit weren't fucking retarded. It's also not a solution because at the rate the Chinks are driving up prices even suburban areas will be unaffordable soon.

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/in-a-six-month-period-70-of-detached-homes-sold-in-vancouvers-west-side-went-to-mainland-china-buyers

Best solution:

Ban Chinese ownership of residential property.

The Chinks are uniquely slimey in that they use our residential properties to launder and store wealth and hide it from their communist government. Banning all foreign ownership would hurt American and European investors who have been part of the market for generations. If a Chinese national wants to own property here, they have to be a permanent resident and live in the building they are purchasing.

You are pretty racist for a leaf.

Fuck you Muhammad. This is a real problem, and the main reason it hasn't been solved is that cucks cry racist whenever it is discussed.

>cucks cry racist whenever it is discussed.
Exactly.
Diversity is our weakness and you cannot say anything against it.

What else is new.

Don't worry OP, the market will crash like no other soon. Then once it crashes you buy a house. The market will self regulated and it'll be fine.

People said that 10 years ago. There are 1.3 billion Chinese and they keep getting richer. We aren't going to run out of rich Chinks any time soon.

SEA countries ban foreign ownership of property for this very reason. Chinese multimillionaires know they can't truly "own" property in their country because government can seize it on a whim with no cause and no court hearing, so they buy it up everywhere else they can.

or we could just build more houses.

They are fucking BC's entire housing market and the government won't do shit because they're not white.

The price is going up faster than we can build houses James Zhang.

The most logical answer is to do what most Asian countries do. Foreigners can only rent not own. Too bad the west scarified its common sense to the gods of political correctness.

>Ban Chinese ownership of residential property

That would just lead to shell owners instead of the Chinese directly

>real estate is too expensive!
>it must be the CHINESE
>not the liberal policies and running of the credit card that will land canadians in debt for years to come
Yeah okay kid
If I was canadian, I would be buying land and building my own house and it would probably be far cheaper than trying to snaggle some hell loan so you can live ten minutes from whatever the fuck you care about up there in beaverstan.

Technically we can seize the property of foreign nationals at any time too. I dont know about the laws in Canada, but in the US is a problem happens any property can de facto be taken back for the nation.

if*

If they got caught the government would seize their land, and it would be very easy to catch them. You can't move millions of dollars around without getting caught.

You didn't read the news story I posted you dimwitted fuck. Get out of the thread.

move to america and pay less taxes, afford a house, and get paid more,

>beaverstan

>What are we going to do about all the billionaire and millionaire Chinks buying our houses?
Elect a PM who won't allow this and who manages your economy in such a way where this isn't possible.
Or freshen up on your Mandarin and get used to being owned by the Chinese.

From the way things are going, it seems like the latter is the more likely scenario.

>elect Trudeau
>expect things to improve

I voted NDP. They are the only party that will do anything about this, provincially or federally.

le weed man wont go for that. odds are without them you dont have much realestate action

so your problem is le weed man. you know what to do
*slides gun across table towards OP

You can always try..the American solution..

That means you should get engineer/builder education because it will probably become wanted.

We have this problem in some cities here

mostly it's corrupt officials and wealthy businessmen from China, Russia and elsewhere who are laundering their money and hiding it from their governments

they also use the property as currency to trade with eachother in ways that are more difficult to keep track of because it doesn't go through SWIFT payment system

the higher the prices go, the better it is for them because they don't have to buy as many properties to move a certain amount of money

properties in areas that have laws or legal loopholes that allow this are basically one of the main currencies of global corruption and money laundering

>I voted NDP
top kek

>le gays are le bad meme!

Are you a Syrian refugee come to teach us of the evils of the gays? How many medals did you get in ISIS?

What's that?

just build more. eventually there will be a housing crash, and god willing, the government will let house prices go down substantially, so that people can afford them.

>give chinks money for crap you don't want
>get mad when they use your money to buy the only shit you have worth a damn

Why u mad tho?

Why can't you just build more houses?

Raise the crime in the area

Problem is in Vancouver there are geographical constraints (mountains on one side, oceans on the other). Only way to build is up.

All of the downtown is just one big construction zone with new skyscrapers going up everyday, but the chinks buy them as fast as they are built. There is endless demand.

Because the houses not owned by the Chinese are smoldering cinders

Retarded urban growth boundaries

Also, hot real estate markets tend to build houses on the pricier side

There are too many rich Chinks for prices to go down.

The prices are going up faster than houses can be built to correct the price. We're talking 20% per year growth minimum in Vancouver.

Figure out what your squatters laws are, if the chinks don't go to them you might be able to move into one and inhabit otlong enough that it becomes yours

>making fun of the people who are inevitably going to be your liberators

>The prices are going up faster than houses can be built to correct the price.

So why don't you move?

>Americans in charge of knowing any sort of foreign countries struggles. Even it's northerly neighbor.

Did laugh at
>Beaverstan

Best solution is to ban them? Your substitute drama teacher/leader wouldn't ever do that.
Do the Detroit.
Move in thousands of Muslims. They will destroy it, drove down property values and in ten years you'll be able to buy that million dollar house for $100. Six months of work, or $20k, and you can rebuild it for less than it costs now.

Its not that easy in Canada.

The two cities with the most jobs (depending on your field, vancouver and toronto) have exorbitant housing prices (2million is average cost of an apartment or small home).

Outside of those two cities its cheaper but you can't find work and they are literally in the arctic.

Parents bought their house for 115k
Currently it's worth 1.2 million

Welcome to the London property market.

Blame fucking Toronto, Quebec, vancouver and east coast cucks
>Voting ndp
They are literally meme status. They care more about fag rights and immigrants than anything in Canada

they have to not be paying taxes on those houses and you have to assume all utilties and pay those taxes for them. assuming the billionaire asian owner finds out and takes you to court. Youre fucked

Muslims don't want to move here for the most part because its too cold and there are no cheap places for them to live (we dont really have slums)

parents bought theirs for 200k 15 years ago.

Now 2.5million.

Why are the chinks getting richer?

I'm in computer science and I'm an Anglophone, so I cannot live anywhere except Vancouver and Toronto. I might be able to stay in Victoria a little longer if I stay with my parents to make up for the lower wage.

You're forgetting that Canada has fewer than 10 real cities.

No jobs were created outside of Vancouver and Toronto last year.

China has 5% economic growth.
They get a new billionaire everyday.

Because of ous Americans right? Sending jobs to china like trump right?

>The two cities with the most jobs

What is Ottawa? What is Montreal?

>Outside of those two cities its cheaper but you can't find work

Well if your skills are shit, why is it the fault of the Chinese?

have sex with their wives and daughters

They are like us in 1900. It's economic growth.

I have a PhD in economics.

The only jobs in Ottawa are government jobs, fucking working for the government.

Montreal you need to be fluent in french. Also if you aren't from there they wont hire you.

>I'm in computer science and I'm an Anglophone, so I cannot live anywhere except Vancouver and Toronto.

That seems like a shitty excuse, senpai.

In Markham the Muslims compete with the Chinese and its just raising the prices even more.

Cities run by leftist cucks often have laws that are very lenient toward squatters.

If these chinks aren't living in the houses then move in and change the locks.

holy moly. the entire west coast of canada appears to be one city, vancouver... the rest is mountains.

Fuck chinks and gooks in general!

Change the law to ban foreign landownership and dispossess them of their property.

>wait for housing bubble to collapse
>chinks lose all their shekels while white people are unharmed

So many self-hating leafs in here. Your people are conquering western nations with your wallets and you should be proud.

In fact, why not go down to a Tim Horton's for some dog steak? Treat yo self.

do what every sane country does and make it illegal for non-citizens to own land.
>yes i know the US doesn't do this

>voting NDP
You are the reason that Canada is fucked. I hope you are happy.

Been waiting damn near 15 years now.

The market in vancouver and toronto didnt even flinch in 2007/8

I have no idea why people would even want to live in Toronto. It is such a shithole

>and they are literally in the arctic.

Stop using a proxy faggot.

The two cities you mentioned actually have better winters than a lot of the northern states, especially in recent years.

>Montreal you need to be fluent in french. Also if you aren't from there they wont hire you.

This is why I regard Quebec as a separate country. I considered learning French to work there, but then I learned about the discrimination against non-Quebecois and just noped the fuck out.

Are you retarded? It's an excellent excuse. How many software development jobs do you think there are in Winnipeg? How much do you think they pay? You know nothing about Canada. Just get out of the thread.

Fuck you Abdullah Ahmed Muhammad Jaween Kareem Kabar Zamir al-Andalus abu Hassan ibn Kaldun bin Laden.

NDP is the only party that cares about housing affordability. Just because they are big, bad, scary feminists that hurt your GamerGate feelings doesn't mean they are worse than Hitler.

This is what Americans don't get. Our market was totally unscathed in 08.

Toronto is fine. It has our lowest crime rate and lots of jobs. You're just scared of the darkies.

Even out here to the east, housing pricing is fucking insane, you need to be up in Peterborough area before you can find a bargin.

>holy moly. the entire west coast of canada appears to be one city, vancouver... the rest is mountains.
Breddymuch.

Oh and there's an island full of rednecks too.

Yup, its a fucking shit hole and has terrible weather.

But its where the good paying jobs are unfortunately.

>buy a house at 19 using an insurance settlement.
>no mortgage cash deal $250,000 house.
>have it appraised last week
>$380,000
$130,000 increase in 5 years, only like 20,000 worth of renovations.
Thanks Chinks, real-estate turned out to be a great investment.

where? if I may ask.

>gamergate
nice buzzword senpai, totally relevant. People that voted NDP literally threw their vote away. I don't understand how you idiots think they could ever get in power after Layton

>our houses

How are they yours? Are you a communist or something?

>Ban Chinese ownership of residential property.
how about we ban foreigners from owning our land. Seems like a no-brainer, why is this allowed?

I didn't throw my vote away, you fucking retard. The NDP won in my riding. You don't understand how our electoral system works.

They're Canadian. We have more rights to them than the fucking Chinese.

Because the government wants their property tax money.

>Terrible culture
>fucked public transit
>Ugly architecture
>insane house prices
>thinks it's the New York of Canada
lol great place indeed

One thing the other responders leave out is that China is a cesspool of corruption and conmen ready to lie cheat and steal at any opportunity.

>They're Canadian. We have more rights to them than the fucking Chinese.

So, you are a communist. Denying foreign ownership of land is one thing, claiming those houses are yours collectively is quite another.

>implying your riding will do anything to reform housing prices
Face it, you bet on a dead horse

>Terrible culture
>implying Toronto has any culture

>Best solution:
>Ban Chinese ownership of residential property.

No, best solution is founding out which houses chinese investors own, and burn them to the ground. If they're not even going to put people in them, might as well clear the space, fuck their investments and give jobs to contractors, kek

We did it in Detroit for fun, you can beat people will do it to an enemy nation to liberate the land and fuck another race.

Its Nationalism, not communism.

Good point, I stand corrected

Am I crazy in thinking Trump will fix this?

Waterloo.

The nigs in detroit didn't have an army of lawyers, accountants and insurers.

They've already ruined the parts of south Florida that weren't already dogshit. I've lived in a chinese-billionaire-owned-home.

No. If anything him clamping down on this same problem in the US would only make it worse here.

this

Nationalism has nothing to do with collective ownership of things like housing.

You are putting words in his mouth. All he said is non canadians are not entitled to live over canadian citizens. Thats nationalism.

Trump will convince Alberta to secede and become the 51st US state

Well, they can seize American property, like my Dad's store recently, but imagine if it was a recent immigrant's store.

It'd be in the national news as a racist attack.

Communists don't believe in national rights you fucking idiot.

>tfw Albertan
I'm in. Most Canadian posters here are faggots from Ontario or BC.

You need to start building big ass towers like this close to the city centre.