Im flying for the first time tomorrow. Im 23, and ill be going from Portland, OR, to Denver, to LGA in new york

Im flying for the first time tomorrow. Im 23, and ill be going from Portland, OR, to Denver, to LGA in new york

Advice?

I remember the first time I flew... I almost died from the fear.

You're going to crash. Good luck

Don't go to NY

Get drunk at the airport

Jesus you fucking betas. Get a grip. You should be scared driving to the fucking airport rather then taking the safest mode of transportation in our goddamn history of fucking mankind! Grow a pair of balls and get on the stupid plane. Now go fuck off yourself.

Like as a pilot? Or are you just some poor fag that's never been on a plane before?

Don't fly United or you'll get beaten.

Like a first time passenger that's flying to see his WOW GF her met on teamspeak.

To me it just feels like a rollercoaster. I don't mind the take off but the landing gets me everytime

laguardia is such a shitty airport, should have flown into jfk. have fun getting around once you land

Enjoy the view of the flat earth.

Don't let sand niggers on the plane. If they somehow get on, pull a United and drag them off.

Every sound You hear, every s.ell you shell you will think it is plain going down. Keep eye on flight attendants for your anxiety, if they're not freaking out, it's normal. In turbulence plane can drop a solid 50 feet and come to a hard landing in midair, happened to me once thought I was going to dye. So be ready for that and don't let it freak you out toot much.

Shhhh normies can visit this website

BRING. FUCKING. HEADPHONES AND WATER.

Pot brownie an hour before take-off

>Im flying for the first time tomorrow. Im 23, and ill be going from Portland, OR, to Denver, to LGA in new york

OH, FUCK!!!11!!!!!!! YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!11!!!!!

Fucking retarded cunt.

when you say ;im flying for the first time', you mean 'im going to sit in a chair while someone takes me from portland to denver, right? Grow the fuck up. As a pilot I laugh at your lack of understanding. You litera;;y get tp dp nothing as a plane with thousands of gallons of fuel carries your stupid ass across the north west US to your destination so you can carry on smoking pot and being a dumbass consumer. why dont you take somet imes out of your busy life and learn how planes work and schedule a discovery flight and for 160 bucks you can fly a plane for an hour and get a basic understanding of the physics of the fukcing world you lifve in

I'm opposite. Takeoff I'd statistically most dangerous part, if something goes wrong there's not enough died or altitude to correct. Landings are fun as shit, I had a crazy one landing in Toronto Pearson where the fag pilot came in way too fast and bounced the mother fucker off the runway but eventually landed it. Thought I was gonna dye.

Checksum

damn.

God im glad your drunk retarded typo ass isn't my pilot

Not OP but I agree. I flew a Cessna a couple years back and any anxiety I had about flying is completely gone. They are aeronautically designed to literally fly themselves. I was trying to push the limits of the plane and the instructor was like "you didn't even move it 25% of it's range."

Get drunk and jerk off in airplane bathroom

You've insulted me. But comforted me too

Thanks faggot anons

Already planned on that

That's sweet. Yeah one time I flew a Piper and the instructor was like "pft, don't make me laugh kid. You've only pushed this baby to about 17% of it's Max yaw and pitch. Now watch this" and he started doing barrel rolls. It made me sick lol but was pretty fun. He let me try a loopdie loop too but I stalled it and he was just like "don't sweat it, kid. I can level out our 0's like this." It was fun times would recommend.

whoa so its actually good advice i was totally gonna ignore that asshole, thanks!

Just gonna leve this here for OP

Yeah I've flown many times but did have some anxoety, still do a bit but not nearly as bad as since I flew the Cessna. You really understand how hard it would be to crash a plane. Like turning for example you just feel like you're gonna stall out and start falling or somethimg but when you actually turn a plane and see the kinds of speed they fly at, the physics on how they stay up are really comforting. You would have to intentionally try to crash it, or have multiple catastrophic failures all over the plane simeltaniously for anything to happen. Which just doesn't happen.

Don't stay too long at Denver, that airport is hell

I used to good when I was in air cadets. One time my glider caught some thermals and I started spiralling at 50 degrees. The dragger pilot was like "Om on your 6, kid." So he did an air-to-air tethering with about 100 feet to spare and managed to pull me up. Once my comm channel came back on he was like "just like hunting bogies in 'Nam." He was a Viet Nam vet. That was fucking scary though.