Full disclosure, I hate this dude, but he's clearly tapped into something...

Full disclosure, I hate this dude, but he's clearly tapped into something. What do you think he'd be like if he took a class at some kind of respected comedy institution like the Groundlings or IO or UCB or Second City?

His whole thing just comes off as all shock no substance, I wonder what he'd sound like with some structure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps
youtube.com/watch?v=LTdV8Qw1jkQ]
youtube.com/watch?v=WO0T8aS6VQY]
youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE]
youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE
youtube.com/watch?v=0aJZdPMi7LY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>His whole thing just comes off as all shock no substance
Then it's clearly going over your head (even though it isn't particularly complex or heady)

>I hate this dude

no, no you don't. stop lyinng. just stop.

>respected comedy institution

eww go away faggot

Think for yourself, he just paints with a thought provoking palette. He doesn't ram any particular agenda or worldview down his viewer's throats that's one of the main things i respect about him

he used to post a lot in the games forum on SA and his posts were really embarrassing

Do you have ANY idea how fantastically gay that sounded?

who here thinks his/their shitty quality youtube videos and standups were much better than their adult swim show?

thats simply a fabulous opinion. as in cocksucking gay opinion.

do you have any skits or videos of sam hyde you'd recommend? I've been avoiding him since Sup Forums has shit taste in everything, but I'm still a bit curious

>Then it's clearly going over your head
Nah, I wrote a whole thing about it yesterday I really do, I hate his whole message. But it would be silly to say he hasn't resonated with a bunch of people. But he has no sense of comedy structure, and that's why I raised the question of what would MDE look and sound like if they'd actually studied comedy and weren't just trying to re-invent the wheel.

It's got great aesthetic, music and cinemtaography but apparently most of that comes from Ruse. Including the Maus sketch everyne's raving about.

it might help him to a degree, but how much is questionable.

consider someone like Maddox. when he first went public, he was really fat and awkward in interviews. he took improv classes which fixed the awkward part, but it didn't make him funny. like 90% of improv shitters, all he learned to do was blurt the first shit out that comes to mind, even if it isn't funny or makes any sense.

Sam is probably a funny dude acting in skits or writing, but i don't think he'll ever be an on-the-spot funny dude.

>like 90% of improv shitters, all he learned to do was blurt the first shit out that comes to mind, even if it isn't funny or makes any sense.
That's not what improv is about though. I get what you're saying- most people suck at it and it's painful to watch, and that's why most people only use it as a tool for writing sketch or generating ideas for scene and not a performance piece.

But what classes do provide you with is the ability to structure a narrative, and that's what I saw lacking in MDE beyond the subject matter. Shit was just all over the place narratively, but clearly had a point of view.

fuck off louie anderson nobody ever got funnier from your special ed comedy course

retard

retard

>all shock no substance
This is why he'll be a literallywho in less than a year and thus can be ignored now. Complete unfunny waste of oxygen. He should be settling his affairs so he can go to the gas chamber in the first wave.

how does he feel about waifus?

Not all of it is comedy. I get a lot of David Lynch vibes from some sketches.

t. underage closeted projecting faggots

check out "how i survived high school", it's not on their main page but you'll find it on youtube if you search that. it's a short story written by one of the MDE crew intended for a book called "how to bomb the US government". Pure comedy. Give it at least 15 minutes to know if you're into it or not

Frankly I don't find any of it to be funny, but you can clearly see what he's striving towards in the funny things that he's modeled his show after.

The comparison's been made by a million people before me, it looks like Wondershowzen. Except every episode of Wondershowzen had plot. In that sense I get the David Lynch comparisons, because it seems like an easy cop out to say "well it was dream-like, you know? Like a Lynch film!" as a cover up for a shoddy incoherent through line.

Link?

Maybe if David Lynch was a bitter sperg who read a lot of white nationalist and conspiracy theory rhetoric.

>some kind of respected comedy institution like the Groundlings or IO or UCB or Second City
these things are cancer. do things their dull, safe way or be shut out. no wonder tv comedy has been garbage almost this whole decade.

>because it seems like an easy cop out to say "well it was dream-like, you know? Like a Lynch film!" as a cover up for a shoddy incoherent through line.
I call it Lynchian because of the surrealist nature of some of the skits. "Dreamlike" to me comes with a connotation of narrative band-aid. And it's also skit based. Some aren't more than two minutes long, so asking for over-arching themes and storylines seems like asking a cat to bark. I'm not trying to praise it as some transcendental masterwork, but I can see it for what it is.

>do things their dull, safe way
Lol World Peace isn't exactly dangerous. More like a combination of mental masturbation and tryhard edginess from 30 year old men who think like teenagers.

user, higher education is a scam. . . .

seems like it's got you pretty toasted

get in here, fuckfaces

>paying to learn comedy
Fuck of faggot. Sam's style of comedy literally rips on pretentious dorks like you.

>any criticism is burning hatred
Nice defense mechanism Sam ;)

I'm pretty sure Sam does have some type of art degree

really, though, you're free not to like it, but there's nothing safe about what they're doing.

>And it's also skit based. Some aren't more than two minutes long, so asking for over-arching themes and storylines seems like asking a cat to bark
I do have a few things to say first of all
youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps

But secondly and more seriously, the group clearly have a lot of opinions on culture and politics and intentionally obfuscate them. They do this because they're concerned about the backlash they'd receive if they were more direct about the points their disjointed sketches were gesturing towards.

As a person that really does not like their message at all, but sees comedic potential, is that they could be more effective if they figured out how to say a single coherent message at a time. We have so many institutions that teach how to do *exactly* that, but my fear is that the stigma of the establishment will keep them from ever seeing that.

Oh well. He can be this generations Tom Green.

>Things uneducated minimum wage earning losers say

go back to your prestigious comedy school.
there was a great king of the hill episode about you fags

>Sup Forums subreddit tier memes and sketches
>Sup Forums and Sup Forums jerks off to him cause he triggers people

Man, if I knew it was this easy to make money off you idiots, I would have pitched a show to Adult Swim in 2012.

Is this the guy that made that 45 minute presentation making fun of weebs at a convention? I remember that being funny until everyone left

Found the wagecuck

>tfw my cousin is a gator

Should i hit it?

i have a hypothesis that charls is the mastermind behind MDE and that he has been the primary influence on the political views of sam's (views which originated from charl's possible upbringing/self-realization of what a waste of time that video games and drugs are [youtube.com/watch?v=LTdV8Qw1jkQ] [youtube.com/watch?v=WO0T8aS6VQY] / his own insecure sense of masculinity perpetuated by his going bald, a la: the general from dr. strangelove perpetuating a war as a mental scapegoat to his own sexual impotency.)

i even have a feeling that charls attempted to persuade sam to some version of christianity sometime in the past- as sam made a post requesting (paraphrase) "i need some real deep debate type shit on the existence of god over skype" with his followers. sam's contrarian sense of humor paired with his purported failure to "choose a real career" [youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE] and growing up in a place riddled with blue blood hipster liberals might have contributed to his willingness to adopt these views, along with the fact that he was fond of christopher hitchens work (can't remember which video, but he owns a book by hitches and also regularly describes himself as an atheist.)

officer maggot

how long have you been thinking that people use institutions to become comedians.

You clearly don't understand the humor, as you admit yourself.
You don't laugh at a punchline necessarily, you laugh because it gives you anxiety, because it takes something you relate to and makes it look absolutely absurd.

I use to work as a assistant to a professor at university so the teacher skit hit me hard. During the Hayden boss scene, my friend was laughing non-stop at how accurate and how much it portrayed him and his reality. Its an anxiety that is below the radar for the most part. Watch the first like minute or so of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE
This is the epitome of MDE's main humor core (although not all). This is a very specific, non surface level type of anxiety. You laugh at this because its true and it makes you cringe at how you thought you were smart with computers because of your parents. This isn't the surface type of anxiety like fart jokes that all comedians tend to do, this is a very specific thing that resonates specifically with you and it not with many other people.
Granted, sam is a shit actor, jokes go on for too long and one minute seems to be their limit on improv, so they still have a long way to go. But no one else really nails this type of absurdist style of humor as well. Especially if you can relate with them. sorry for the blogpost

>uneducated

yes, he just said higher education is a scam, so it stands to reason that he's uneducated why would you point out the obvious? is this the brain power of someone benefiting from higher education?

also, no one's getting jobs from studying fucking comedy, you faggot. the type of people who study the "arts" (in the case of comedy as an art; low brow entertainment redefined as middle brow art via postmodern subversion of traditional intellectualism) are generally soulless and uncreative, otherwise they would be able to create the "art" on their own using their inherent intelligence, without any sort of specific externally derived guidelines. it's why most UCB faggots are establishment lefties who do nothing but guest star on CBB with some half baked character sketch.

Art is about evoking emotions and MDE are masterful at evoking emotions that almost no other contemporary media even so far as touches.
That is why it resonates with the pepes on Sup Forums, who are not served well by mainstream normie art.
Looking for "meaning" and a message in art is pleb as fuck tho.

I'm sure we all made plenty of embarrassing posts 10 years ago

Which he has expressed a lot of regret over getting several times

my mom is cool

kek what a faggot

a comedian's first job is to be funny and entertain

you want to jam him into these institutions that produce total shit? no thanks

it's even sadder because he clearly recognizes these things as manifest from his own life or someone very close

hit the nail on the head though

Just another MAN tryna teach me something

my mom is cool and my mom will treat you right

My second favorite jewish lesbian band Tbh

>"Sam Hyde is terrible/edgy"
>obviously has not watch many MDE vids
shocking

Well he does stand up and live performances. Some of it is really good. I think he could be a good stand up if he worked on it for a couple years, but he's stated that stand up isn't really his main goal or something.

>i don't think he'll ever be an on-the-spot funny dude
This is based on what? His best sketches are improve

who da first

Great entry level MDE.
Actual jokes and coherent structure.

Rate my indie film, guys!
youtube.com/watch?v=0aJZdPMi7LY

>if David Lynch was a bitter sperg

I respect the hell out of David Lynch but he can be a bit of a bitter sperg.

God Is My Co-pilot

This is like saying "I wonder how smart Einstein would have been if he went to community college"

SA is horrifically embarrassing in the first place

>it gets a bazillion views
there goes my suspension of disbelief

He's like R Crumb and Bill Hicks for our generation.

He's born with in a month of me and I can think of NO ONE tapped into the political, sexual, social, and pop culture in America as much as this guy.

I know he gets dick-rode a lot but I think he is a legitimate genius.

The only actual genius in MDE is Joel Tbh

bit reddit but it's cute I guess

I don't get it

It's a refreshing break from the same safe tripe we get on TV nowadays.

I always noticed the OK Computer sketches were of a higher comedy.
Plus I love that dude who pretended to be a retarded conspiracy theorist for several years and fooled everyone, Jace.

>OK Computer
I mean Thanks Computer. I'm a touch slow myself.

Gothic King Cobra and My Brother were legit kino

yeah he cuts the clips together wow genius what a madaman super artistic image you have there user wow

this

why the fuck do Americans give modern day clowns that much credit

best sketch by a mile

It's okay, Sam, you're still good at doing half-assed accents and smiling at the camera.

pubs are full of mug rats who can spout witticisms in the moment, do clever mimicry, etc.
they would never go anywhere having to mount a full show and market it on the road from club to club
youtubers live in a bubble of public masturbation, they are male camgirls

>what if Tarantino didn't go to films, but went to film school?