Why does basketball suck so much?

Why does basketball suck so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d12YVBOrP00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because it's a game of continual scoring

No pairty

Correct.

The first three and a half quarters are really boring.

Nicely memed, lardlords

It's a game of attrition.

Basketball is a fundamentally flawed sport.

>Basketball
>No body contact

This is a fundamentally flawed diagram

its become a meme league where the only viable strategy is to assemble a super team or try to tank. Too many teams that are just 19-22 years out there sucking shit for it to be fun to watch

>timeouts strategically used to kill the other teams momentum when the pace is rising and things are getting exciting
>fouling used the same way in the last few mins
>diving
>travelling never called
>refball via fouls

flopping, bad refs, retard level tier drama, no actual parity at all due to big market bias

fuck the nba

Basketball is the most intelligent sport that exists. Chess comes second, sailing third.

>eeek he got near me, better flop for free throws

Basketball is a pussy sport

No old FIBA rules

Because the ball isn't flat

It's the only good American sport. Perfect blend of athleticism, skill and tactics. I've only been watching and playing for 6 years but I prefer to association football. Also it's the only American sport that has the potential to properly catch on internationally

Basketball is a really good sport, the bad thing is the NBA.

It's probably the greatest sport in the world. Its better than fucking rugby that's for sure.

I love watching and playing basketball. I've never been a very sporty person, but basketball has gotten my physical fitness up and toned me out really well.

I can't stand the squeaking

It's the one American sport with as little parity as all European sports.

wouldn't say it sucks, but it's quite boring. even more if you watch non-American leagues

all those sports have body contact

>toned

Too many white people

Yeah, if you saw a pic of my body that's what you would describe it.

>fake texas
>fat chileans eating chile all day

It takes a lot of balls to drive it in the lane against some 7 footer.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d12YVBOrP00

You see people get laid the fuck out all the time in basketball. Also they play on hardwood or cement and wear zero protection.

It's already caught on internationally.

Its scripted garbage

But that's not reason

The LeBron-Cleveland thing was an excellent storyline with a great babyface turn at the end, but they blew their load, now they have no storylines other than the forced Durant one

But Durant doesn't have the big time heel feel LeBron had, so it's flopping

Pretty much dead in water right now

Because nobody on the Warriors gives a shit about being the heels, unlike LeBron did when he went to Miami

>hurr durr scripted
>nobody on the warriors give a shit about being the heels
Have you seen them try so hard with the cupcake shit? Or Durant being an autistic introvert emo closet fag?

Old style basketball was fun to watch, I grew up during the Shaq and Kobe lakers but now its just two good teams that always goto the finals one of them being the one who have lebron james and a small chance of the spurs. Its gotten worse the last 2-3 years
I stopped watching and moved over to the NFL more.

They were taking the piss with the cupcake shit. Plus KD has always been autistic

The Cupcake shit was a lot more obnoxious and pretentious than LeBron's heat ever was...

KD is a bitch lmao

I thought the scripted shit was dumb but after watching that Lakers/Spurs game 6 and the call against my Celtics for the Bulls at the end of the game, it really is

it's unwatchable, I can't even do it anymore. college is still good though.

>49ers fan
>team sucks now but like watching the sport

>Oakland athletics fan
>don't watch baseball at all unless a's are good
>they suck so i cant get into baseball

>was a bulls fan
>team went nowhere against lebron so it got boring
>league is now literally just the warriors so it sucks

>don't like hockey

>getting attached to a soccer team halfway across the world

>tfw the only sport i watch is football

Why would the NBA script against a large market up and coming team?

>college is still good though

It's an objectively inferior sport.

At least in the NBA you get some kind of coaching, athleticism, and strategy. In college you literally just stand around for 30 seconds until a big man gets fouled in the post.

Every now and then in March Madness you get great endings but mostly because someone does a colossal fuck up on defense. You see less crazy endings in the NBA because the players are mostly competent.

KD is misunderstood. He's Messi but grown up in the vast ghetto outside of DC. His kindness is mistaken for weakness.
To his credit he didn't incorporate the thug environment into his persona. He's just an autistic nice guy from a really bad neighborhood who wants a ring.

>His kindness is mistaken for weakness
Kindness is a weakness though

>Kindness is a weakness though
yeah if you were raised by trash

It's good but the NBA structure is terrible. Who cares about a single game when there's 82 of them.

>college is good

>enjoying college basketball
>enjoying watching all the best players leave after one year
>enjoying watching lineups full of white guys hold the ball for 25 seconds then brick a shot
>enjoying watching 30+ games a season of this crap

Literally the only worthwhile thing is March Madness, and that's just to hope to see a small school upset a big school. Not that games can't be exciting, but any sport can be exciting even if the quality of play is shit

>The Cupcake shit was a lot more obnoxious and pretentious
Didn't OKC start that tho?

Yeah, doesn't mean the Warriors have a right to be petty on that shit. Let the OKC Thunder get their catharsis, they already know their team is struggling.

Unfortunately, Basketball has a number of fundamental flaws with the sport itself that make it kind of boring to follow

1. So much scoring makes each individual score irrelevant, so you can watch the last quarter and feel like you didn't miss anything in the first three quarters. In any other sport, each score can be the difference between winning and losing.

2. Since it's only 5v5, one great player can make a team dominant.

3. Since a great player or two can make teams unstoppable, teams without them become irrelevant and only 5-6 teams a year are any good

4. Way too many games when you already know basically what the end of the season will look like.

5. Superstars are more important to the league than teams, so they let stars do whatever they want and advertise and promote stars instead of teams

Throw in the fact that the NBA is mostly geared towards younger people and minorities who love social media and drama like that so they care a ton about social media and it's a bad combination

scoring all the time

>making fun of something is the same as being petty
Warriors has blown out the Thunder every time they played them this season. I doubt they're petty

niggers

The warriors are like those douchebags who think their cool for beating up and jumping on the disabled kid, after taking his crutches from him

NBA needs a height cap forcing each team to have a manlet or two on the court at all times, thus illustrating how gigantic these beasts really are.