If you're born wealthy or middle class or born working class with a good support system and strong work ethic you can...

If you're born wealthy or middle class or born working class with a good support system and strong work ethic you can make an upper middle class income and have a good life if you 1) Get a degree with a lot of employment opportunities 2) Get an entry level position and work your way up to corporate.

Yet my generation bitches and moans about how they don't have enough free time and complain that they have to wake up at 7am to work a 9-5. JFC we have to be the weakest self entitled generation. Things are better than they've ever been and people complain more than ever. Done.

Other urls found in this thread:

hbr.org/2016/08/millennials-are-actually-workaholics-according-to-research
medium.com/the-mission/the-14-most-destructive-millennial-myths-debunked-by-data-aa00838eecd6
forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/08/04/the-7-most-dangerous-myths-about-a-15-minimum-wage/#5afd685b5ec8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any here you are on Sup Forums complaining about them from your moms basement

and yet you'll still feel empty inside

I was born working class and worked hard and got 2 engineering degrees. I agree completely.

i was born into upper middle class "technically" - my dad is a head doctor of a big institution in switzerland and we were still working poor due to my dad's side of the family completely fucking us over financially when my grandma died

so we never had surplus money but what really got me going was the mindset by itself. I worked hard for university, got an undergrad in physics, worked for a year in software eng and then started at a great uni to study for an MSc in biomed engineering, working part time to pay for it as much as i can

opportunities are often always there, you just have to grasp them

>if you waste your youth you will be slightly less poor wage slave

kek, let me kiss Mr Shekelstein's ass for the great opportunity he has given me.

yup totally working class. My dad made 33k when he retired from the sewer plant.

I have a BSE too. What's worse is I understood the shit, rotational sheer gives me a semi, but I couldn't get a yob because I didn't understand schmoozing and that kissing prof and admin ass was more important than knowledge.

It affected my career too, I drove a rusted out van to work for years even though I started at 52k as a programmer. Again all the fucking talent in the world didn't stack up to the fact the management didn't seem me roll up in a BMW.

Shit I wish I'd known.

"hurr durr I want the guvment to pay for my party life XD while everyone else was wasting their life in COLLEGE I was parting! whooo dude!!! I deserve the same privilege though as those idiots who wasted time at school :P buncha fags"

By your idiotic strawman I take that your college wasn't the most prestigious one.

My 90 engineering degree vs your $7 an hour GED, I really don't give a fuck what you have to say, peasant. Work hard like everyone else and maybe you won't be a salty broke cunt coalburning for a pack of cigarettes.

3) know someone who works for the company to get you in

Those guys are just poorfag models advertising the clothing.

The issue is that "good support system". Not everyone can make those connections, user, and what good jobs there had been were crushed during the recession. Also, numerous studies prove that the Millennial Generation is one of the hardest working yet poorest generations in a century as well as the previous generations not retiring or moving from their own positions which prevents a lot of upward mobility in the workplace.

hbr.org/2016/08/millennials-are-actually-workaholics-according-to-research

medium.com/the-mission/the-14-most-destructive-millennial-myths-debunked-by-data-aa00838eecd6

That's reassuring. Another salty idiot trying to justify himself his miserable life by looking at his laughable bank account while the real money flows way above his head. Keep up the good work, make sure that your boss gets richer.

I'm doing ok but some people just don't want to be a wage slave dude. I make 75k a year with benefits and have a useful degree. Some people I know have seen my success and are changing their lives around by going back to school, but others are trying to get by with what should they have. An alternative lifestyle is not a bad thing if that's what they want. Not everyone wants to work 50 weeks out of the year.

Tldr why do you care what other people do anyway

Was meant for

hmm.. it's funny... because everyone has the corporations back when people demand higher wages, but most of us are still killing ourselves working for less than it costs to live.

>choosing to work at walmart
>hurr durr muh wage

>paying people shit because they work less respectable jobs
>gee I wonder why the crime rates are getting insane

But yeah, be sure that poor WalMart doesn't have to strain its cash flow with appropriate wages. Americucks, lel.

And make sure you keep talking down to people making 85k more a year than you, I'm sure girls are into guys who are poor and do nothing about it.

If you're stocking shelves, you deserve to make half of what a registered nurse makes? Then why fucking go to school? See, you're a retard. You make what you ear. Counting small bills and putting boxes on a shelf is the lowest tier of labor and should be paid as such. Once they start complaining, replace them with robots so then they can complain even louder.

>Implying that a lot of people have a choice to work elsewhere

Seriously, user, the job market is so heavily inundated with people right now and what jobs are available are shit. I live in a fairly sizeable city (a little over 200K) and almost all the work available is retail or medical in-home services with the occasional city administration or construction job opening but those no sooner get posted and are filled.

I went to a "work fair" for one of the larger companies here earlier this year where they had 20 positions opening up due to an expansion (they merged with another company) and over 200 people showed up, a few of them had worked for the company previously and got in pretty much no questions asked but the rest had to go through three hours of "group interviews" where they weeded out people. I lasted a little over two hours before they finally told me they had "other people in mind" for the position (namely the asshole in the group who started off ass-kissing and flirting with the HR manager there.

I'm sure that paying all the alimony once you divorce will be the hot shit at the local pub in 20 years. Keep projecting from that high horse you're attemping to ride, wagecuck.

I grew up poor and working class. I'm 18 and I'm about to start a job as a teaching assistant, because I took some initiative. I don't 100% agree with what you're saying, but you're not far off.

>(namely the asshole in the group who started off ass-kissing and flirting with the HR manager there.

See, it's you. You're doing it wrong.

See graph please.

congrats on your pending 14k annual income
bet your dad is proud of his sissy boy

And keep being a lazy faggot complaining about being a skidmark to society. Even if I get a divorce, I will still be two steps ahead of you:
>Getting pussy
>Continuing my family line and ensuring there will be one less impoverished shithead begging for money and equality on the internet without doing anything positive to gain it

>AT MINIMUM WAGE
>MINIMUM WAGE
>MINIMUM

gosh I can't understand why I'm not better off

Call me again once Tyrone gets tired of looking for a honest job and robs you and shoots you in the stomach. Because your boss isn't going to be bothered from his limo. Your idiots are so shortsighted it's hilarious.
The fall of society that is heading our way will sweep you mongoloids first.

>Getting pussy
That will take half your shit and then some
>Continuing my family line and ensuring there will be one less impoverished shithead begging for money and equality on the internet without doing anything positive to gain it
Your kids are going to hate you and will probably shoot up a school I bet.

I don't intend on sticking this job forever, but it's a good place to start at this age, when you came from fuck all.
Idk if my dads proud, i'll have to get the Ouija board out and ask him.

That's a cute little graph, did you find that on Bernie Sanders's Facebook? Why can everyone besides YOU and other uneducated section 8 bottomfeeders own a house, a car, and not spend so much money on unnecessary bullshit that they're able to live comfortably? Are you going to say they're privileged?

If the minimum wage goes up, why wouldn't rent go up as well?

the poors sure are riled up today

>bitches and moans about how they don't have enough free time and complain that they have to wake up at 7am to work a 9-5
>mfw work 11am-2am
>still poor af
Economic mobility is at an all time low m8, at least here.

Are you saying working 60 hours at minimum wage is unacceptable for rent?

>Your kids are going to hate you and will probably shoot up a school I bet

Keep projecting, buddy. Really showing how intelligent you are with all these assumptions. Because that's what lazy libtards do, they assume. Assume they're right, assume they deserve what other people work for. I'm glad you guys can't afford healthcare, the quicker you die the better. Not like there will be much liquidation or belongings to clean up.

>a good place to start at this age

no. no it fucking isn't. you'll make more money mowing lawns in the summer, which you'll have to because teaching is shit.

as a landlord I fully agree with this

>and milk
>and eggs
>and ramen

there is a laughable amount of insecurity being tossed around here guys.

>my kids are my clones and are surely going to follow in the steps of a full of himself asshat

top lel m8

You know what makes me smart and you just an educated idiot? Because I'm capable of realizing that we're both in the gutter. Too bad your reading comprehension is so strong that I had to spoonfeed you.

When you can't even afford to live in a 1-bed apartment starting off, it's hard as fuck to able to plan things out. Add to that crippling costs of healthcare and other cost of living expenses, starting off poor, lower middle or even middle class nowadays is beyond difficult to move up.

And in any case, having a higher minimum wage is beneficial to the economy as it puts money in the hands of the people who actually drive it: the working class. Even Alan Greenspan came around to this line of thinking once he left the Fed and realized how fucked his economic outlook had been.

>Grow up in a town of 500 in the middle of nowhere oklahoma
>Incredibly poor.
>Picking up cans along the highway to buy shoes poor.
>retired at 30

Na, you are just a lazy cunt.

I think you're spoonfeeding your own ego m8. I'm sitting pretty where I am, can you say the same for yourself, scum?

gotta have that nice place on main with two bedrooms.

when I was making just under 50,000 I lived in a $425 apartment and walked to work. I love hearing how hard it is for wage slaves to live.

I'd rather work as a TA and do something useful, than do what every other person my age is doing, such as working in super markets or the local theme park, making money for some one else and going to college or uni to do gender study degrees, or business degrees and getting myself in a shit ton of debt.

People that earn minimum wage don't drive the economy.

The people that employ the working class, drive the economy.

wrong.

this is capitalism you stupid fuck. In order for people to win, others have to lose. If you're secure in your life, it's because thousands of other people are not.

>call people scum
>accuse others of feeding their own ego

If only uou were able to see how patheticly insecure your posts are.

I'm sitting pretty too. Guys like you are a good laughing stock.

luckily none of your generation wants to work, they just whine on social media about how much better it was... ergo there should be plenty of opportunities for any millennial who actualy has a backbone. I know plenty of business owners who are dying for a semi-skilled employee who won't get bored and quit before they're trained but do you take those jobs? no you're here on Sup Forums shitposting fine wine.

more people win under capitalism than lose. Still doesn't mean I agree with it, but let's face the truth, it's better than all previously tried systems.

>go to MCDonalds
>$15 minimum wage
>Teenage niggers with attitudes
>Ice cream machine never works
>Say fuck it, go to WalMart
>$15 minimum wage
>Shelves look like shit, stocked lazily
>Retard employees puttering around like zombies
>Go to check out half melted ice cream
>Faggot cashier can't count change
>Say fuck this and go to gas station
>Abdul hooks me up no problem because its a family run business
>Thanks Abdul for not being a whiny faggot

I hope you get replaced by robots that actually work so you can go clean shit in India for a living.

You have to take some pretty extraordinary measures to crawl up from the lower class.

>Be me
>Live in a tiny ranch town in Wyoming
>No money for college
>Deathly afraid of debt since my parents have been drowning in it since the 1970's
>Won't take student loans
>Join the navy out of highschool
>Become nuclear operator (was lied to, told it would be worth college credit)
>Do six years
>Make $60K a year by the time I get out as a first class petty officer
>Meanwhile, get married to long term gf so we can share incomes/expenses
>Never buy on credit, never spend anything except cash on necessities
>Live dirt poor for years to save money
>Finally get out of the navy
>Get GI Bill
>Go to college
>Get scholarships on top of fed money
>Get into a program to help me into grad school
>Work my ass off for a good GPA
>Wife works her way up from minimum wage to general manager at a restaurant
>Plan to keep trading places, I work while she goes to school, back and forth the rest of our lives until we get where we want to be

I know my path was kind of unconventional, but most poor people aren't going to try to climb that ladder. It's a lot easier to have a simple life and simple pleasures.

Okay poorfag. Say that next time you're eating noodles for a week and wiping your ass with your moms shirt because she spent her TP money on cigarettes.

I feel bad for my generation, It's not our fault we were raised by a bunch of overbearing faggots who wrapped the majority of us in bubble wrap and made us all unable to deal with the suffering that is existence.

>more people win under capitalism than lose

good lord, those are dubs of grand delusional magnitude.

you don't need to listen famalam

but remember this when you're considering eating a bullet because your life sucks and you're still in Ohio at 40

I know you're gonna mention the 3rd world and I'm gonna say it's about proportion. You've got to bare in mind that there are more people alive now than ever before.

only 15% of people live in poverty in the US.

Obviously there are more winners than losers.

How do I get to Ohio? I'm a britfag.

>lazy cunt
>work 80 hours a week
Yup, so so lazy.

Although seriously congrats on your success. That's pretty amazing.

You need to be planning to better your situation.

I don't know about the education industry, but is there somewhere to go from here? What is the endgame?

You're already a step ahead if you've realized that.

Now as cliched as it sounds, pull your boots on and go be a man. If you're suffering, figure out why and go fix that problem.

Navy, then after 6 years I get my uni for free, then go into full teaching at like a college level

What rate?

I'm suffering because I exist, to exists is to suffer and I'm okay with that. It just means I invest most my time into limiting my own and everyone I care abouts suffering.

Working lots of hours doesn't mean you aren't lazy.

Why aren't you working 90 and bettering your life? Why aren't you taking courses in the evening to increase your market value? Why aren't you picking up side work? Why aren't you setting plans into motion to start your own company?

Just lazy brah.

Come again?

good job m8

protip: kids will fuck your grand plans but have them young anyway because you'll still make it

You said you were joining the navy?

Jobs are called rates in the navy. What job are you going to do?

LMFAO FUCK THID THREAD

i dropped out of hs and worked high end construction; tiling elton johns bfs house, drakes old apt building in the 6ix, etc

I probably made more than everyone in this room with their degree's they tote like the school teacher who said, "you'll never make any money if you don't go to college"

LMFAO i just quit my career because our economy is such a mess and taxes and their distribution is pathetic, on top of that, i wasnt following a passion i loved

You're basically saying, sell your soul for a paycheck and drive a beamer when ur old and fat

Ever since quitting and working towards my passions, i am happier than ever, though financially unstable at times, i relish the opportunity to be ME, and the challenges that await

You're either a wierd, loser, chad, dick grabbing 'bro', or an office sanctioned post, regardless:

Go home kid

/thread

Yeah I'm trying to avoid having kids.

I do kind of want them though. Especially since it seems like very few well adjusted white people are having children in current year.

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/08/04/the-7-most-dangerous-myths-about-a-15-minimum-wage/#5afd685b5ec8
Source in bottom left corner, user
Yes
>Because that's what lazy libtards do, they assume
Nice assumption you have there too.
Actually, they do not. The mega rich (those in the upper class) tend to put their wealth into homes, accounts or overseas which do not drive the economy. Hiring people and paying them well and allowing them time off to actually spend said wealth moves the economy. This is why the "Reaganomics" model has been proven bunk since the middle class is shrinking and not with people moving up but down and thus the overall weakening of the economy built on artificial bubbles and speculation.
Again, see . The Millennial generation works longer hours and take fewer sick and vacation days than the previous three generations.
It's happening. Also, fuck you. The people I've met with the biggest problems are not the workers but the fucking stupid managers at the places I've worked. "I know! I'll let these three people in those two departments off to save a little extra money. Oh shit, that other person came down with a disease and now no one is working there! Guess I'll now make the company lose money due to having to assign others there and work them overtime to compensate for my fuck up. Now that we've exceeded corporate pay-out for the month I need to let some more workers go. On no! Now I don't have people working in those departments that need to be staffed and we have angry customers. Better blame the poor asshole I hired for part-time work last week for not being in four departments at once and fire him to appease the customer. Oh no! Now those other departments are understaffed and I need to..." yadda yadda yadda. The business shut down within 6 months of me being hired.

I didn't know that, thank you for telling me that. Likely an advanced weapons engineer.

THIS* oops

>Why aren't you working 90

not him but it's physically impossible. I worked 80+s back to back for two months. I was sleeping for 3 hours and going in at 4 am. I hit 99.5 hours one week and would have stayed for posterity but I turned green and fell over.

I was young and stupid and all my hard work won me was forced resignation (working harder than the boss in a company with no lateral movement was a huge mistake) and all I've got to show for all my hard work is this story that isn't even greentexted.

Well that and the $150,000 severance package I negotiated in exchange for not fighting it.

But mostly the story.

May I ask what country you're from?

Have you spoken with a recruiter yet?

I did six years in the US Navy. I might be able to give some advice if you want it.

I'm not sure if you posted the image ironically or if you're just too fucking dense to understand what you posted.

>I probably made more than everyone in this room

well I'm still living off what I retired on at 34.

I do only own three houses now though. Maybe you're right.

> Yeah I'm trying to avoid having kids.
Perfect, now you can pay for some brown foreigner's kids when they bring them over!

>take fewer sick and vacation days

do you even get vacation days anymore? part of why I won't go back to work, I refuse to start at 5 days and work my way back up over 20 years. fucking HR cunts.

UK, It's more of a thought at this point, cuz it's gonna be a few years before I do, if I do. I usually just ask my brother-inlaw about the services, because he's an advanced weapons engineer.

Your lucky. Similar background with me only It was Missouri and 80's for my parents instead (I actually caused their first bankruptcy of three when I was two and caught pneumonia and they could not afford the bills as my dad was a non-union construction worker and my mom worked in a hair salon for tips)

Only problem is I can't use the GI Bill since I have scoliosis (hereditary issue from my moms side of the family) and I tried to join and they got hold of my medical records.

I'm planning on going to college next year now that I'm just now starting to get my shit together (crappy but working car, crappy apartment that had a fucking meth lab in it just last year and a fiancee who is trying to go through college now for a bachelors for programming). Going for a business degree (business administration). I've been working since high school but I'm a sick little asshole and keep having to deal with medical shit every other year that throws me in debt (nearly died a few years back even but not due to anything I did, some asshole tried robbing me and pistol whipped me, cracked my skull in five place and kept me in a goddamn coma for a month).

>all those cucks calling 90+ h work for shit pay "an opportunity" and think that financial stability when you are too old and have too much commitments to enjoy yourself is great, while Mr Bossmoney buys a third yacht

Capitalism is working only thanks to you, idiots.

My last job gave no vacations days until you worked there for a year but after that you got a full 7 days. After 5 years your get 2 weeks and on year 10 you get 3 weeks. I was there for 8 years but had to leave for medical reasons (see here )

This thread is a fucking laugh fest.

The majority of you are living in first world developed countries.

You complain about opportunity while living in countries where you can create your own opportunities.

Millenials aren't just the fucking laziest generation, we're also the dumbest motherfuckers. I know of a handful of my generation that are intelligent and hardworking, the rest try their hardest not to be intelligent.

Spending hours on end on your fucking phone taking pictures is not going to make you rich or wealthy or financially comfortable.

There are 100's of self made millenial millionaires. Guess they stopped whining and did something about it.

For you fucks that don't want children - good. The human gene pool is full of liberal fucks with no critical thinking ability.

> Good times create weak men, hard times create strong men.

Stop fucking whining and do something, Jesus H Fucking Mohammed (cocks be in and around his mouth)

>Capitalism is working only thanks to you, idiots.
OH OH OH

Mr Smarty pants over here thinks he's going to work 30 hours in a communist/socialist state.

YOU WORK TILL YOU DIE FOR THE GLORY OF THE PARTY.

If there's a god, I pray that he fucking drives you to suicide. One less fucking mouthbreather on this planet.

Yeah, you'd better pray, as thinking isn't apparently your strongest suit, Americuck.

You forgot the most important part:
Kissing ass.

see that's what I'm saying
you go back and they'll be like
nope you have to start a 0 days again
>nothing we can do
HR are the biggest fucking cunts

> Yeah, you'd better pray, as thinking isn't apparently your strongest suit, Americuck.

We're still waiting on that evidence to prove that communism/socialism is better than capitalism.

Until you find some evidence for your fucking stupid claims, guess what? You're the one who's not thinking. You're the one who's feeling.

You obviously don't understand people or economics. You should seriously consider killing yourself. You can do it in protest against capitalism.

#KillYourSelfForCommunism

>working as a pizza delivery guy part time
>been there since 2011
>is my job to make money while going to school
>studying EE now
>some people worked there since 2008
>8,89€/h min wage
>keep complaining on how they only get min wage and have to work 8h+ a day to make a living
>literally no degree
>didn't even finish apprenticeship because 'don't want to'
>keeps bitching about job

I don't fucking understand stupid people. It was HIS fucking decision to work there. It was HIS fucking decision to not finish school. It was HIS fucking decision to not finish apprenticeship. And yet these kind of people keep complaining.

Oh, I'll throw in a bonus for you guys.
>as I said bitches about making not much money
>ALWAYS has the newest mobile phone since I know him
>spends 3k€+ EVERY YEAR for holidays (spain, italy, maledives,...)

>bought a car he can't afford
And all this with loans from the bank. This guy pays 150%+ of his salary to pay off these things. I give him like a year or two until his debt bunches up to a point where he can't handle it anymore.

>studying EE now
good on ye

I always figured if I went back for another engineering degree it would be EET.

No idea if I am stupid but electrical engineering is so fucking hard man. I have to study every fucking day for hours to understand the stuff.

is it even possible to crawl out of the lower class without a good partner? that feat requires two people working together, being responsible and trusting each other. its rare to see, but always nice to hear about. success in life requires a strong relationship in my opinion. without it. what are you really working for?

>hurrdurr there are only 3 strict systems that you can't shape in any way

People like you calling others stupid is the best.

Seems like you're a cuck.
>my generation
Ungrateful faggot. I've seen nothing but struggle and perseverance from our gen. The boomers fucked it up. Our gen actually cares about getting educated and rising out of their socio economic class