youtube.com/watch?v=1nFwjck_bY4
youtube.com/watch?v=_lioDjWSWcE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9cAhFLqNhHM
youtube.com/watch?v=_rb5EFoJ5Dw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't like black music

good for you.

it took me a while to realize she was speaking english. i dont even mean that in a mean way, i dont mind black people music. but my goodness, only ebonic speakers seem to be the only ones who can fully enjoy this

Are we in the ringtone era of rap again? This has the cheap synth sounds, the minimalist production, and almost no bass like those ringtone rap songs. It feels like a "darker" version of soulja boy. It sounds like an edgier version of these songs
youtube.com/watch?v=9cAhFLqNhHM
youtube.com/watch?v=_rb5EFoJ5Dw

Ringtone rap?

I dont get the hate for cardi all that much. shes textbook hardwork over talent. you can track her progression pretty clearly and shes been getting better without hopping on top artists tracks probably because people didnt take her seriously and now shes just better than nicki; although it probably speaks more to nicki slipping rather than cardi outperforming. it would be nice if remy went at hard as cardi but at the moment cardi has been steadily putting songs out and something stuck

>Are we in the ringtone era of rap again?
Yeah

how old are you? it was from around 2006 or 2007.

I'm 18, in 2006 and 2007 I was 7 and 8.

>although it probably speaks more to nicki slipping rather than cardi outperforming
Nicki has never been good. All she had was that verse on Monster that her ex probably wrote.

It was basically just cheaply made, even by mainstream hip hop standards, that got popular because of a catchy chorus and had meaningless verses. Because the choruses were catchy and normally humorous, people would use them as ringtones. Because songs with out bass work better for ringtones, most eliminated that. There were a lot of one hit wonders. The modern equivalent is rap songs that get popular off of memes like Black Beatles, Nasty Freestyle, Bad and Boujee, Juju on the Beat, and Coco. While Cardi isn't catchy, her music has a lot of the other characteristics of ringtone rap

Bodak Yellow's pretty catchy.

There's not one lyric that any random female artist wouldn't have come up with.

Damn, didn't know Sabrina Suzuki had a career in music.

Wouldn't most trap in general be the modern equivalent?

whitest thread i've ever seen

t. nu male

>the monster verse meme

i suppose youve listened to all of her stuff right? the pink print, pink friday, roman reloaded im sure the list goes on.

I did listen to some of her other stuff actually.