Whats best board to discuss joining the US military? My recruiter seems to be giving me an excessively hard time...

Whats best board to discuss joining the US military? My recruiter seems to be giving me an excessively hard time. I'll just keep doing what he asks me, but so far hes been unsatisfied with documentation Ive come up with. Basically, I told him about a time I was arrested, in which the charges were dropped, which happened over 10 years ago.

He insists that this can disqualify me, even though I wasnt charged. Ive went to both the courthouse and the police station, and they both told me everything has been deleted, and they have virtually no evidence that it ever even happened. the police department went as far to say that I wasnt even obligated to tell my recruiter or the military about those arrests, as legally, since the charges were dropped, they could in no way ever be used against me.

Is my recruiter just testing my resolve? Because thats what it feels like. I was hanging out with some losers when I was 19 and 20 but Ive been pretty much a model citizen since about 10 years now. Yes Im older (early 30s). No, Im not too old for the Navy.

can i bump my own thread?

bump

I dont think that this thing from 10years would be a difficulty in joining up, and your recruiter is just playing they all just actors
Also read and ask around on /k/ , there are always military enlistment threads

Do something useful, don't join the army, u're going to get a shitty instruction, armed with a stock rifle and (if u have bad luck) sent to some shitty country to fight with 18 y/o with m4's, its not worth, u're just risking ur life to make the rich even richer.

*they always have military enlistment threads

Don't listen to this undercover arab, he can't even English correctly.

Im trying to join the navy. but if navy wont have me then my only other choice at my age is army

how should i proceed? he asked me to get a criminal history report on myself, which i did. but he said since it didnt have the case I told him about (the one that was dismissed and deleted off my record), I need to go back to the police station and get a letter stating that my record is clean, and it needs to have like a signature and stamp I guess. Seems extremely redundant, especially when I even got the same letter from the court, saying it was all deleted.

He seems to be acting like all arrests make me guilty, even though the charge was dropped

If you were arrested and charged then you are guilty

I would agree with you, but...
Trips of truth...
I would say you find a different recruitment guy to talk to, this one is prob just delaying you so he can put you towards his next months(or whatever time span they use) quota.

>Whats best board to discuss joining the US military?
/k/

I was not charged

Not Arab but european, so close enough

What makes you want to join the army nowdays? Im curious, I mean, shit is so fucked up and u can win a decent wage without risking your life.

>What makes you want to join the army nowdays? Im curious, I mean, shit is so fucked up and u can win a decent wage without risking your life.

Ive been an electronics tech or aerospace manufacturing tech for past 10+ years, and Ive been really good at all my jobs, but I still barely make enough money to live. In the military, housing is paid for, and I can save literally all my income.

Also, I made aircraft parts, and I just felt I was at the boring end of the stick, while the fully assembled and operating aircraft was at the exciting end. I want to be at the exciting end

And maybe lastly, I really need some discipline and self improvement. If I join the military, Im sure I will live longer due to better health from more exercise. Yes, I can exercise on my own, but I dont

Other benefits too like free healthcare and paying for school, and the training you get in general

If the police told you it is because they don't know what the rules actually are.

If you were fingerprinted the charges are going to turn up during the check at MEPS. And if the arrest was something you would not have forgotten (like spent a couple days in jail or anything like that) you'll be disqualified for failing to disclose it.

Yes, they can use it against you. And you have to explain why they were dropped. One reason why because some charges are dropped but the person did actually commit the offense, but they were dropped on technicalities. Say you have a guy who was a drug dealer, but the charges were dropped because the search was illegal. They were still a drug dealer and we don't want them.

If a person got charges dropped after not getting in trouble for a few months they were effectively placed on probation, and it counts as a conviction as far as the military is concerned.

But no, you aren't being given the run around, they are trying to get you in and being told by their higher ups who have to actually approve you joining that you can process.

Sincerely,
You friendly neighborhood former military recruiter.

I'm ex USN "Sub Driver" and loved it! Go to your recruiter's supervisor with your recruiter and explain exactly what you said here. And let them know you are looking for a career.

You can also die in the military. Minor detail.

PROTIP: To anyone thinking of joining the military NEVER tell them there's anything wrong with you.

>Army
>stock rifle

Dude he said he's joining the navy. Also, American arms are probably the best in the world. There's more money put into each American soldier than any other country on Earth.

Thanks so much for the info. You make me happy that Ive been fully honest with my recruiter. My charge was dropped because where I live, first offenses can be forgiven, in exchange for community service. Basically, yes I did a bad thing, but it wasnt really of my own accord. Someone who I considered a friend at the time was basically dragging me around with him being an idiot.

any input on my situation with the meds? basically, the job i worked at would round us all up every day and tell us how slow we all were. after almost 3 years of that i decided to pursue getting stimulants. it lasted all of like maybe 6 months before i just quit the job. but now the place i went to doesnt even really exist any more. can I just go find a random doctor (I dont have one at the moment) and have them write a letter saying im not on meds, even though itd be a new doctor to me?

Well, in my opinion money is not what makes an army better, is discipline and organization.
U have examples like Israel or other high developed armies.
Us army relays in untrained soldiers, Marines are the living example.