I don't know anything about guitars... But I found this one in the garbage, in a guitar bag. Is it worth anything...

I don't know anything about guitars... But I found this one in the garbage, in a guitar bag. Is it worth anything? All strings work and the 6 things work too.

And could I learn guitar with it?

Pic 1/3

2/3

3/3

if you want to start learning guitar start covering easy songs you'd like.. it'll help you get the hang of changing chords and playing in general.

that guitar looks fine to me but I don't know how much it would be worth.

looks fine at first glance but check the fret board for any dead notes also new strings if they are good

you check by placing your finger at every fret with every string

Also camera flash is misleading... It isn't really that black/dirty if you see it irl

>found a guitar
>can i learn guitar with it

what do you think you learn to play a guitar with?

Since you know a thing or two about guitars I have two questions...

Is someone knows how to play a guitar like OP pic related.. Would they also know how to play an electric rock guitar? Or are they two different things...

Also how long would it take to become good/decent in guitar?

penis?

A&L do reasonable guitars, but you can't tell from a few pics, you should ask someone who knows about guitars to have a look at it.

What's a fret? Where is the fret board?

>found this one in the garbage
Congrats on bed bugs.

a fret is the individual little "squares" on the neck of the guitar and the fret board is the neck of the guitar where you place you fingers to make different notes

You can learn the basics of electric style on acoustic guitar, not so much the other way around. You can learn to play songs with chords reasonably well in about 6 months, and a couple of years to get more proficient.

OP stole this guitar

OK I went through the whole thing... Each one works but they all sounds the same no matter where I place my hand... At the beginning of the fret or at the end. I guess that's how it's supposed to be

Umm no, a fret is one of the strips of wire across the neck.

I checked and No signs of bed bugs/black bed bug poop. I'd know because I had them fucks before.

looks pretty good. the more real wood the guitar has the better it is, then it goes by type of wood used.

Cheap guitars will be plywood basically dipped in plastic

Bro I just found it places in the garbage for collection in its guitar bag in front of a house

I see... Thanks for info.

Looks like a nice dreadnought mate, it's a Canadian handcrafted, probably just assembled. But woods like fine to me, replace nut with a real bone, resting and clean the fingerboard. It should be a 400/500 bucks guitar if new.

If good condition it is around 250

no each one should sound like a different note if they all sound the same it means either the strings are too lose or theres damage to the guitar

Strings look old so you should change them

Either way it's a cool guitar and will be fine to learn on

You can't learn on that. It's an intermediate level 5 guitar. You can only learn on a beginner level 1-3 depending on your age and hand size.

o wait I think i misunderstood each one note should sound the same if its the same fret each fret should sound slightly different from the previous one

Hmm I'm confused... So for me... Each string sounds the same

Cool thanks mate.
Well if that's true why the fuck would they throw it out? And I'll change the stuff... Would it be hard if I don't know how, based on tutorials online

Not sure if this comment is a joke or not?

haha leme try this again im pretty dumb

okay each fret is the indivual little squere on the neck

by placing your finger directly left of each metal bar on each individual string you will produce a note

you need go down the neck of the guitar and locate any dead notes which means it will sound more like a clank than note

its worth nothing.

hey, strings cost like a buck.

and yes, if you have the will and determination.

I found this same guitar on ebay for 200+ bucks

World is a pretty weird place son, someone votes Trump, someone posts in traps threads, someone throws away nice guitars. This is a real time capture from a musical instruments selling website, Italian language because I'm Italian...but that's your model, Cedar, as you can see first one is New

Lol OK I think I did it right this time... No clank or odd noises... Each one places a note perfectly. I went down the whole "fret board"

shit well you got yourself a quality guitar user

Haha true. I don't know... I love in a rich neighborhood so I guess they don't really give a fuck about any loss.

Related question... How do guitar prices change over time? Do they get cheaper like cars and phones, or more expensive like artifacts?

I'm letting you know a 200 dollar guitar is cheap for a guitar
Either way you should keep it

It'll take you about 5 - 10 years depending on practice rates to get 'fluent' but you can play decently after about a year easy

Well that makes me happy, I always like nirvana and u2 (I know they used electric guitars though), so I guess I'll lookup youtube tutorials and start from there.

Cool thanks. I tried to learn piano but I just wasn't feeling it... Too complicated. I figure guitar is much easier so I'll have a go

That guitar will never increase value, it's not a major brand or a rarity. It's a cheap guitar but looks well built. If you look at the wood you see that grain looks nice, it's not a bad wood. Now unless there are major faults like truss road broken, cracks or neck issues you can have fun with that.

Nope... None of that as far as I can tell. One final question... What are some basic guitar maintenance? I know especially since it's wood it'll degrade over time. Thanks to everyone who replied.