Was Sup Forums the smart kid in class?

Was Sup Forums the smart kid in class?

I was straight A student, don't know about the rest of you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kXpwAOHJsxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Straight A student though I only gave shit during my last year

Above-average all-round, not top of the class material, but definitely in the top 20%.

Was your curriculum mostly fill in the blank?

"If we stop ____, then _____ will win."

Top of my grade consistently without even trying.

this was at a top tier high school full of nerdy asians too btw

I was the smart kid in class that refused to do anything. Stoners hated me because I wasn't a druggy, teachers hated me because I was a stubborn ass, and A students hated me because I was smarted than them.

who else part of the master race here

at elementary school i was pretty good, only ones and twos (in Austia we have 5 different grades - 1 best, 5 worst), during my nine years of high school i was quite bad, i had to repeat one class and learn during sommer, because I had to repeat tests to be able to advance, because i was lazy as fuck, however since i am at university i am very good and have a grade point average of about 1.7

yes

then I stopped caring about academic studies, my grades fell, dropped out and I'm looking to get into practical work

I'd rather hammer pieces of steel than look at papers all day

skipped a lot of school, almost dropped out, loads of Fs for not showing up. got straight As when I did though, so it balanced out

who /internetaddiction/ here?

I was pretty average, maybe just slightly above average.

Schools in Sweden are a joke when it comes to discipline though, everyone is being loud, obnoxious and poke around on their phones. It's a tragedy.

No. Dropped out at 16.

Ended up obtaining my GED at 16. Worked for awhile. Went to a community college and earned my associated and eventually earned my Bachelors. 32 now and working as a Sr Systems Analyst and making great money in a cozy job.

Although I was always considered smart. I was just a really poor student and a very unmotivated person in general, which is why my career path ended up netting me my own office where I shit post stuff like this 7 hours a day.

Slacker with a bunch of potential, well that's what the teachers say.
I just gave effort in my final year and now I'm in college, slacking off again. Huzzah.

Pretty much one of the smartest if not the smartest in my school. I remember getting the highest in the school in maths exams 4 exams in a row. I used to be pissed when I got an A instead of an A* in sciences

In high school, I was a "too cool for school" troublemaker that got into a lot of fights. During university, I was the know-it-all asshole that constantly debated with the professor.

Now that I am 30, I cringe when I think about how I used to act.

I was an average student but passed with 9s and 10s because i basically made every school campaign/announcement/large project and sweet-talked all me teachers.

I went back and got my High school diploma and am now attending college, I made it further than 80% of my high school peers. Shit is cash.

I sat by the window seat. I was just an ordinary student, until one day

I went to a private alternative school.

This tbqh pham.

I was upper quartile straight Bs no effort, not the top. I was probably top in primary school, I dropped an echelon in secondary school, I was average by sixth form. I dropped out of uni after struggling and having no motivation.

jumped on a charter highschool as a freshman at age 11, failed every class, hated the work and teachers

raped tests for special admission to university age 12, graduated cellular pharmacology m.s. program age 19

I did ok gradeswise because I never did homework and that was 10-20% of every class grade, but I got a 36 on the ACT so I got into a good school anyway.

I was one of the smartest kids in the whole school.
I wanted to enroll in a well-known political school but I decided not to because there was too much homework.
I'm currently working in an office instead.

I regret not enrolling. I could have become a famous politician. I even think I would fought to reduce discriminations in my country.

Straight A's once I stopped being lazy.

would have fought*

Straight A's in language, History, and Art. Failed Science and Math all throughout my school career. English was always average because I never read the books I didn't like.

quit after repeating 8th grade

I did well in school, when I bothered studying (and usually even when I didn't), however, I still feel like an idiot with poor comprehension and shallow understanding. Being able to remember math formulas and historical dates doesn't mean you're smart.

didnt do my homework at all ever or listen to the teacher talk. I was still able to pass most classes. i did homework for math though every now and then because i didnt want to fail math.

I honestly can not remember most of the bullshit that was taught in high school. Some teachers hated me too because i didnt bother doing their extra work even though i was polite and kept quiet most of the time. i remember one time i got like 55% on an assignment and when i compared it to my nerdy friend who got 100% our answers were the basically the same thing in different writing when i pointed it out to the teacher he just ignored me.

Doing well in high school is great if you are going for a scholarship or doing pre requisites for university otherwise why bother.

i didn't even pass algebra

Hey, I'm not fat okay.

Went back to school and got my bachelor's degree with a perfect 4.0.

Your level of discourse is astounding, user. The way you eloquently listed facts which made these people seem like lesser individuals was punctual and well thought out. I hope we can see more discussion like this in the future

>I was straight A student, don't know about the rest of you.

Pretty much, too bad that being good at school doesn't mean shit in the real world.

This

Not at all but I got a first at uni after really switching on in third year

this is what i tell myself too

The smartest kid in the class is more often not a straight A student

Eh somewhat like you. Teachers hated the fact that I didn't try to get good grades. They kept telling me "you need work ethic" while in reality everyone in my class was a dumbass or a fucking dropout

A's&B's until middle school, then I quit giving a shit because school doesn't teach anything useful or interesting, and I always had an inverse reaction to being told how things are, given how easy it is to see with my own eyes.

Now that I'm a grown adult it's really laughable to me how completely obsolete it is for people to pay money to go to a building for knowledge you can get for free with a computer at home.

I wasn't the smart kid.

I was the straight-A, 2310-SAT, going-to-a-top-50-school-on-a-full-tuition-scholarship kid. And that kid is now 24, trying to go back to college and finish his last two semesters because he technically flunked out due to crippling depression and (he would later discover) an executive functioning disorder.

Never stopped being smart, though. Just had no drive or motivation to do anything.

I was until I reached highschool and realized the whole educational system is pure bullshit. But now I'm in college and I get pretty great grades.

wow

>only show up half the time or less in Highschool
>taking literally like calc in 9thgrade
>always do special projects extremely well
>contribute massively to history classes
>do minimum work otherwise and just get As

I was friends with Chad-tier guys though mostly.

Anyone itt
>smart
LMFAO @ YOUR LIFE

I didn't give a shit. Was a straight-A student for one year, but otherwise I usually skipped doing my work. By my junior year of high school I was skipping school entirely and getting Fs.

But I was still considered a pretty smart kid because the work I did do was high quality.

I was not the smartest, but I think I did well: had 3.9 GPA (which should be lower since all of my A's were low ones), 29 on ACT, and had 2 B's and the rest A's. Definitely top 20% though.

I did very badly in school but all the kids came to me when they needed help. Teachers even asked me to tutor some kids, which I did.
Got a 30 on my SAT without even passing algebra (some of the stuff on the SAT is geometry, trig and calculus which I never learned).
I just really disliked being at school and was far more interested in chasing tail than doing busiwork assignments.

Now I own a successful business.

Fuck off retard.

I had the best spelling and maths test results in the School. I was expelled due to behaviour problems.
Was allowed to sit my maths, english and science exams and nothing else. Got good exam scores but minimum coursework scores so all C's.

This except I didn't feel as if I was smart, everyone else was just ridiculously stupid which made me look like a genius by comparison.

I was above average in high school -mostly B's-

I said fuck it in college though

I was really smart as a kid, but my teachers always slapped me down for talking too much and arguing with the other kids. Eventually I hated school so much that I'd stay up all night, because I was terrified of going to sleep and waking up to go to school.

It sounds retarded, but kids are retarded. I wish I'd done more in school, but at the time it was just a constant nightmare of kids I didn't like and teachers who didn't like me.

When I went to college my faggot dormmates played DOTA literally all night and I got like four hours of sleep a day, my complaints got me moved to another dorm which cost more money and the faggots there did the exact same thing. I wish I had just stayed home and gotten a job. What a huge waste of time.

>29 ACT
>people who are too dumb to 100% a test designed for literal apes (i.e. most amerifats) think theyre intelligent

i expected as much from Sup Forums i guess.

Meh, my school had a ridiculous grading scale (98% for an A, 95% for A-) but I still managed to get A's an B's, with a C+ or so. I got a nice ACT score, so I was pretty set. I was kind of just a bum, really. I could have gotten much better grades if I worked harder, but I don't regret what I did, because it didn't really hinder me in life. I'm happy with what I do, very happy.

Salutatorian of my High School class; honor thesis/honor society in college.

>skip school for a week to do dumb kid shit
>come back on science test day and get an A despite missing all the lessons

American education is pretty bad desu

I slept all day in class, dropped out and found a minimum wage job to help me survive paycheck to paycheck.

Intelligence is irrelevant in school or even society at large, you can keep stroking this delusion of yours to make you feel better however.

Praising your intelligence is the last refuge a man with no talent or skill inevitably ends up defending and overblowing.

youtu.be/kXpwAOHJsxg

Fuck man i feel that way too. Just got into uni and suddenly stopped giving a shit about academics.

How does that functioning disorder work? I'm legitimately curious.

33 ACT, 2200 SAT (800 CR)

Funny, I was the opposite. Perfect with physics, but I didn't do so well with art and literature, and hated math from the bottom of my heart. Maybe because of our math teacher.

Oddly I was also among the top of the class in foreign languages for some reason (English and Italian, also learned German in elementary school).

>Intelligence is irrelevant in school or even society at large
Your a fuckwit mate. Why are all tripfags insufferable faggots?

You are not alone.

I've always considered myself to be average, until I've seen how an average person actually "thinks".

It was a rather sad revelation...

40 act
2400 sat
Straight ₩'s in all my classes

It is though, intelligence is irrelevant.

It has nothing to do with charisma, with how attractive you look, with your socializing skills or even your motivation or desire to push yourself up the ladder and with how much money your parents have that creates a necessary foundation for you to start out in....etc

Saying "muh intelligence!" is irrelevant and will always be irrelevant dipshit.
Any retard that has DRIVE, charisma, social skills and wealth can out surpass any intelligent person who lacks in all other areas and surpassing them doesn't make you "intelligent".

I had the wealthiest parents so I always considered myself the smartest even though I got bad grades.

You mean inferior race?

Same in Harvard dude. I went to Harvard and was top tier and I barley gave a shit. I came out with perfect.

>40 act
what

Kinda like this
I did my work
Passed my classes
Never failed a class but I never really cared about any of them except construction/woods tech , really loved that class

>tripfag and weeb
Please go back to your preferred weeb containment board.

> wealth
> social skills
> charisma
> drive

if that were true, there would only be a very weak correlation between IQ (which is related to raw physiological nervous system factors like G, can be measured by reaction time and neuron activity) and income. people who had the most charisma, social aptitude, or wealth would be overrepresented relative to population in the top decile of income earners.

unfortunately, that is not the case.

It's hard to summarize but basically the reason I did so well leading up to college is because I had the tools to put in almost no effort but still succeed in the primary school education system. I could process information very quickly, understand concepts easily, and had a lot of early reading so I was probably ahead of a lot of classmates in a lot of ways.

But I just didn't know how to do longer-term work. Paper writing was a mighty struggle and there was a research paper in my junior year of HS that I almost didn't do because I just had no idea how to approach it. Executive functioning explains that because you have poor planning and organizational skills, which in my case wasnt an issue until college because I could coast by in high school. Been in therapy for a couple years as well as on stimulants and have slowly learned a lot of things I should've learned earlier but didn't because I didn't need them.

Consistently received Straight A's throughout elementary and middle school (not like it fucking matters at all though lmao)

Stayed at that level of success throughout Freshman year; would've easily been Top 2% if I maintained that effort

Come sophomore year I began browsing Sup Forums more and it essentially became a surrogate social group; like all relationships gone too far, it dragged me down, and my A average went down to a B

By Junior year, there was dissonance between the me who still gave a fuck and the me who couldn't care less. I guess the former won the battle because I still managed a B average I think

And Senior year I gave no fucks, end of story there. Went from at least Top 20% to Top 40% with that severe dip in effort. Oh well though. I don't act like it's anyone's fault but my own.

>tfw straight A student until I reached highschool
>tfw transferred out of private school and went to a public highschool in Brampton Ontario due to lack of money
>tfw left school within 2 years

I was. Was.

Post more thinking anime girls.

At an early age I was separated from the common rabble and put into the classes with smarter kiddos. And yes, I did pretty well in school.

In elementary school I was the weird kid with ADHD who got bullied all the time and cried every once in a while. I got awesome grades, though. People loved it when I was in their group for group projects because I was really smart.

But they never voluntarily picked me and I was too shy to join a group. The teacher always had to put me in a group.

>believing in liberal lies
Don't be so foolish child.

Its pure absurdity that you think an intelligent person who lives in a poor neighborhood with no wealth whatsoever, nor charisma or drive can amass such wealth.

It doesn't happen.

Sup Forums is my preferred containment board.

Straight A's are small time. If you weren't getting pulled out of class to get put into accelerated programs, then you're not that smart, you were just a good student.

I work in a high profile labe and I'm still the "smart guy" in my group of peers. I've also been slowly redpilling my coworkers over the years, and even have a former Bernvictim who is voting for Trump now.

For every hundred kids that think they're the lazy genius type, there's maybe one that actually is, and 99 that just want to feel special.

>Minimum wage job
>Intelligence is irrelevant in society

Lol! Keep staying in that lower tier scum layer of society, you empty headed cuck.

If you're not gonna build your dream, someone else will use you to build theirs. Make your mark as big as you can on this planet before you're snuffed out. Rage against the dying of the light.

>pic related

That's literally what Liberals in your country argue against so they can implement Tyrone's and Layqudashina's programs.

Smart kids didn't hate me bwcause there was definitely some who were way smarter than me (which really just boils down to they worked way harder) but i got A's and B's in high school and never tried. I also was kinda a stoner too.

>america uses As-Fs
fucking mericans,cant even get counting grades right

I barely did any work so my grades were usually shit unless it was a class that was based heavily on test scores (always aced the tests, otherwise I wouldn't have even graduated because I didn't give a fuck). High school was fucking awful and the only thing that mattered in the longrun was the people I met by being there.

It's the math section. Every other section literally has the answers in front of you and requires absolutely zero prior knowledge. You actually have to know some math (partially taught in math classes most students don't take) to get a high score on that part of it.

Well if you have any way that a poor, non charismatic, no social skills, no drive tyrone can someone beat a wealthy charismatic chad then good luck explaining how.

You're still gonna die user, no matter what you do and people will not give a fuck what you have done or accomplished.

I lost all motivations for school by grade 11

This is me right here

Yeah, I was. I didn't feel smart, and looking back on me as a young kid, I was way too lazy to be considered "smart". Once I started putting my brain to better use than vidya, I improved greatly.

I never applied myself and was 7th in my graduating class.

I got C's but the highest score out of a class of 750 on the sat

Who /apathy/ here

liberal lies? economic determinism is the liberal lie. i can't imagine how soulless it is live in your skin, where everyone is just a domino falling into place.

i like how i presented some data and you completely ignored it in favor of collectivist memery.

perhaps it's more comforting for people who squander their intellectual gifts to believe personal success is environmentally determined.

does it? does it make you feel better about wasting your resources?

Elementary was hard for me. Was bored a lot and the feminised school system didn't know what to do with me. High School and Uni I was straight A's, though.

Average af grades tbqh.
Though everyone in my HS expected me to graduate top ten, yes top ten students.
I graduated in 178/689 students.
Not so bad. Though to the day I am the same, I am just lazy.

same here senpai