Hip Hop is dead. Stick a fork in it

Hip Hop is dead. Stick a fork in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2hHlhB_Qszs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiBTCsD0kUk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*internet music

this is what happens when you let white ""people"" make music

Colored dreads is dead. Stick a fork in it.

>t. nignog

fuck off whitey

Go eat some watermelon, spook.

NO DRUMPF
NO KKK
NO FASCIST USA

You absolute retard, these mumble rap faggots ruined hip-hop.

89% of mumble rappers are black.

White people aren't helping though.

Mumble rap needs to die.

Hip-hop started going to shit in 2011 when trap hit the scene, 'Lil Wayne taught people that you don't have to be audible to make a cool song as long as you have a sick trap beat. Then people got lazy and started mumbling and writing shit lyrics. And that is where we are at now.

>getting all those face tats just for a music """career""" that's going to be over in six months

>xxxtentacion
african-american
>lil pump
puerto rican
>lil peep
jewish

what does white people have to do with this?

Nah club and crunk killed hip hop. If you want to get technical and go by old man rules, puffy killed hip hop.

Puffy also saved himself by pushing Biggie out into the world.

He almost tore it to shreds, saved it, then killed it after Biggie died.

Lil Peep is Swedish.

is it bad that im really attracted to lil peep in that pic

no

he's cute as fuck in that benz truck video too

I thought lil peep was from long island

That looks like a timeline pic of a black person transitioning to a white person.

he id

All I hear about little peep is how much everyone wants to fuck him.

Show of hands. Who here wants to fuck lil peep?

me

not me
t. not homo

hip hop is basically splitting into two genres, mumble trap shit based on adlibs, heavily relying on beats, sometimes autotune and anything outside actual music.

however the other branch being more faithful to the oldschool is stronger than ever, and dont fool yourselves thinking that only a few rappers are pushing it forward.

lyricism is thriving, conscious hip hop is in a renesance stage and many labels and artists are a part of it.

You can tell civilization is in decline when you see these young kids nowadays putting tattoos on their face and body like a bunch primitive savages

but user what about tyler brockhampton and rtj ? and thats only counting this year

His parents are Swedish.

they hire losers like that to work at holistic grocers or food trucks. they'll find a way to eek by.

Now im faded on my own in my bedroom
Now im lookin at my phone should i text you?
I don't wanna sext you, I don't wanna bless you

I imagine there's underground rap that white people are rarely privy to. There's no reason to assume that rappers have become worse just because we've gone from good rappers who were discovered by big labels, to bad rappers who were manufactured by the same labels now that they caught a whiff of profit.

lil peep is big here in russia he'll stay around

Now thats the body of someone who has never eaten anything in his life but cocaine.

>Tyler
burned out
>RTJ
lol
>Brockhampton
have potential but not enough material out

grandpa? is that you

>burned out
lmao this was his only project with any depth

Reminder that Lil Peep's father is a teacher at Hofstra and his grandfather at Harvard.

lil wayne showed you can make a good song without needing deep lyrics. cadence is arguably more important that lyrics

Recs aside from the average Kendrick shit?
I don't have a problem with "deep" lyrics like everyone else seems to here, I actually prefer if it has depth.
But Kendrick doesn't interest me.

I can relate to that more than having some nigger go on about housing projects and racist cops

but then how can people know you are defending the white race

he's kinda cute

ok grandpa

Not even that guy, but face tattoos are fucking retarded. Good luck on your job interviews

>samefagging

Give me a studio and I'd resurrect it

the funniest part is that dude is probably at least 10% black

People hype up every new "fire" hip-hop act here and move on within a few weeks to months like everytime Pitchfork gives an unknown Best New Music (though I've seen a Best New Music go under the radar here).

dont look past kendrick, and dont be fooled by his surface level looking stuff. section 80 might be a good start.

besides kendrick, all of TDE is great, basically the crew that runs rap. Id suggest listening to (besides kendrick) ab soul, schoolboy q, isaiah rashad, jay rock

then there's j cole who has some solid tracks despite the memes, but can't really make a consistent LP. bas is a much more consistent j cole in my opinion.

joey badass is the east coast artist thats on top right now, and while his themes on the last LP might seem cringy being basically BLM the album, its still decent bars on good beats. B4DA$$ was better imo.

danny brown is really good, but not for everyone. if you enjoy a more pop friendly sound, listen to his album ''old'' first to get used to his delivery. however, if you're feeling more adventurous, go straight for atrocity exihibition, its a mindfuck journey into a world of depression, delusion and addiction.

chance the rappers acid rap tape was good, but isn't for everyone. if you want more edgy shit, check out earl sweatshirt's LP's or tyler the creators older stuff. tylers new record is really great too.

vince staples is good, but struggles to say anything deep. however his flows are unusual, gripping and dizzying at the same time. if you happen to like his songs ''norf norf'' and ''lift me up'', youll pretty much like all his stuff.

YG is a pop-friendly sound crossed over with light influences from G-funk, check out still brazy if you like his song ''twist my fingaz''. some of his stuff feels really dumbed down and repetitive sometimes tho.

jay z dropped a decent album if you're in the mood to pirate it, also shoutout to the ghostface killah album ''sour soul'', the shit is really fucking underrated and good.

thats pretty much all i can think of right now.

His hype peaked 6 years ago and he's came out and said he isn't interested in music anymore

those people have millions of fans and are some of the top played artists in the world right now. how is that dead?

haha get rekt idiot.

Hiphop has been long dead. The people in that pic are cultural strychnine aimed at children.

Reject all corporate culture, and cyrpto-corporate 'indie' culture.

lol lil pump signed with interscope idiot. all this jealousy is pathetic and hilarious

Give it a rest shill. We know that it's a fake constructed 'reality'.

>Interscope
Yeah, I'm so jealous.

He'll wind up dead.

If X was really a rebel he wouldn't have done that cypher (that, I think, ruined or at least stunnted his career)

The album that saved Hip Hop

lol mad

Daily reminder your grandfather was put out of work by a john deer tractor and a crop duster, and that we still own you.

>its better than cilvia demo

Why yes, yes it is. I completely agree.
Some of the best hip hop production I've heard in my life. The TDE production crew needs more credit.

holy shit, i've only know of these people from the memes, but i always thought 2 and 3 were the same person

same lool

lil peep is pretty good and cute (no homo)

>dreadlocks
WOW HOW ORIGINAL

>warped tour wifebeater

Daily reminder that your dad is probably getting cucked by a black guy right now.

>100 on my wrist
Lil Pump
>80 on my wrist
D. Rose

ESKKKKETTTIITTTTTTTTTT

>being this fucking young

Lil Wayne actually had good lyrics. Hip hop died in 2006.

>wahh these young kids are different and into weirdo lame shit and i hate it

i'm an oldfag and i couldn't give two shits. i hate this kind of mentality, personally. let the kids have their time. you had yours.

all that old cash money shit was so good
youtube.com/watch?v=2hHlhB_Qszs

I never had my time, you thoughtless old fuck. I was born in the wrong generation.

Forgot pic.

>le wrong generation boy

sux 2 b u bruv

>nig nogs, memes, and pop sluts
You know what, it really does.

Thanks internet (a.k.a. the face of true democracy as applied to popular culture).

>people are forcing you to lurk Sup Forums and engage in pop culture endlessly

you're a conflicted little sprout, aren't ya?

the cuck fetish only exists because people assume blacks are subhuman and equated to that of an upright animal.
stupid nigger.

>whaaah don't complain about the shitty state of ubiquitous pop culture

>a nigger that's racist
but that can't be!

>implying T-pain didn't kill it

>complains about pop culture as he posts anime pics

top jej.

and pop culture could only ever be a derivation by its very nature. it will always be some iteration of shitty you fool.

i know it's everywhere but 95% of the time you engage in it predicated on choices that you personally make. you could live like a boring homeschool boy who avoids all of this online tomfoolery but the truth it that would be just to darn boring for you. admit it, you faux victim.

>online
Yeah, you sound like a complete fucking idiot. I used the word ubiquitous for a reason. Do yourself a favor and look it up.

Y'know, because you're stupid and you didn't now what it meant.

Lil Pump is a fucktard Spic.

lol at your youngfag attempts at pedantry.

you're quite the paradox: a worm and a henpecker at the same time.

play faux victim all you want but the truth is you love this disaffected carousel ride and you refuse to be real with yourself even when anonymous. that is how fake you are.

Me?
>i know it's everywhere but
>whaaah just ignore it
>whaaah and don't criticize it
This is you, you vapid cunt.

but im not a rapper

the truth of my claim is evinced in your very compulsion to reply, you woeful retard.

get a clue and be real with yourself for once.

daily reminder that black people invented slavery and once enslaved crackers.

Hip Hop sucks dick no matter who makes it

lmao
>i know it's everywhere but
>whaaah just ignore it
>whaaah and don't criticize it
Now we can add
>whaaah discussion invalidates your point because I said so
Like I said: vapid cunt. This is hilarious.

daily reminder that WE

you refuse to admit your culpability here. it's everywhere, yes, but most of the time you personally engage with it based around choices that you yourself make. for example no one is forcing you to have this shitposting back and forth right now. you are choosing to do so.

you're the typical overly posturing kid who can't cop to his shit, so you enter into elaborate sets of mental gymnastics that will allow you to shitpost and kill time in any disaffected pop culture addled way you want whilst simultaneously maintaining the illusion that you're actually opposed to it and above it all.

try to affect sarcasm and incredulity all you want but it rings hollow. you're fake, lad. fake as fuck.

>falling for such obvious bait

you sound like you're 14

who said xxxtentacion made bad music.
i mean he has some SHITTY tracks, but there are some gems hidden in there with a bit of old school flavour,

slipknot, vice city, i spoke to the devil in miami, riot.
he just makes music for edgy teenagers who were emo and now are looking to broaden their horizons.

>reddit
Please leave.

Yes, I get it.

You got blown the fuck out and now you're regurgitating the same halfassed circular argument because you don't have a legitimate rebuttal.

Boring.

>xxxtentatertotz has good music guys: *proceed to post songs that are trash*

Go to bed you don't want to be late for your first day of high school.

>b-boring

t. senior shambles

enjoy your shitposting time! just remember that you're, like, totally above all this stuff though.

>because you don't have a legitimate rebuttal.
Like I said, let me know if that changes ;^)

It is. I'm glad I got to experience 2011 to 2015 hip hop/rap. Hip hop is now soundcloud fucking garbage. Dumbass kids make amateur instrumentals and tracks. Fucking soundcloud. I hope it shuts down.
Decent current hip hop artists
- brockhampton
- danny brown
- underachievers
- pro era - (fuck joey bada$$ though)
- mick jenkins - the waters ( his new shit is fucking garbage
- fbz
-

youtube.com/watch?v=ZiBTCsD0kUk

You gotta admit this is a great song tho