So what exactly was the point of this skit? It certainly wasn't funny

So what exactly was the point of this skit? It certainly wasn't funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SHlRtGqFODc
youtube.com/watch?v=p978u4r-q4c
youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE
youtube.com/watch?v=tSzi7Tdp5VY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I didn't understand it therefore it must be bad

>it wasn't funny therefore it was bad

fixed

10 years, 20 years, 200 years, how about I'm doing none of em

Snake eyes....hell yeah...

Cmon guys stopped playing around I'll be done in a minute

How do you not find Charls' delivery of these lines hilarious? He absolutely nails this bit

>skit airs on what is ostensibly a quarter-hour comedy show
>isn't funny and doesn't even attempt to be

So what was the point exactly? Is this some of that much vaunted "anti-humor" I keep hearing about?

For what purpose though?

Charls and Nick are great

what's there to not understand? there are only a certain number of meanings you can take away from it, and they're all obvious, and they're all cliched.

i like the show, but there this sketch is being overhyped, and it's 100% to do with the song they chose. take out the Maus, either version, and no one would think of it like they do.

Allegory for how whites/west (depends how you see it) will keep telling themselves nothing is wrong.
Bend over backwards for every infraction against them.
Still remain in denial.
When the wool finally gets pulled over their eyes (he leaves prison and comes home)
His world is destroyed/unrecognizable.

Way I see it is migrant crisis, feminism, marxism, diversity and all that crap that is eroding white culture and i guess whites in general.

Made a real pigs ear of this, but hope you get the gist of what I'm saying.

buddy boy in high pitch makes anyone laugh that was the point

This post is pure ideology. Take your blinders off and leave your safe-space (Sup Forums) sometime and realize the world is a much bigger and more complex place than you give it credit for.

go on then, what is the underlying message of the skit?
Especially as what I said links up with sam hydes thoughts on the subject. Do i need to link you to that.

You're going to very deeply and inetensely regret all the time and opportunities you wasted one day.

Watch KSTV episode "Manstarter" Sam outlines the meaning of this sketch there

it has nothing to do with this

You need to take a breal from Sup Forums

Also, Hey Moon version> Cop Killer

>go on then, what is the underlying message of the skit?

People who fuck around just going through the motions and think nothing bad is ever going to happen to them will live a life full of bitter intended consequences.

>Do i need to link you to that.

not him, but could you? i've never seen/read Sam genuinely laying out his political thoughts or beliefs.

And how that cant be seen as western people in denial over the state of them being destroyed/replaced.
"nothing bad is happening", its all good, bring in all the migrants, diversity ftw! not all muslims after every terrorist attack etc.

and the realization hits them when its too late, and they can do nothing but be bitter/regretful

The reason it's in black and white is because whites are being destroyed by blacks
Pure kino

IMO i think its about the decline of the modern man. They start off independent but have that stripped away from them with out any say and for no reason. When they finally get a chance to regain some of their freedom, the odds are rigged and they are given the illusion of getting close, but they know that they never had a chance (this is why charles says snake eyes, its what he actually rolled, but the guard tells him he rolled a 6 to make him feel like he was close, maybe so he would try again and end up even worse) In the end, when they finally are set free (retire) they are too worn down to do anything but feel regret for what their life could have been, they just want to go to bed forever. Or, they always wanted to go to bed forever, because, after generations of being degraded and worn down, why even try?

youtube.com/watch?v=SHlRtGqFODc

Sam and Nick were talking about this way before you started jamming Sup Forums into everything MDE does. It's their personal gripe with bluepillers.

You sound like a fucking autist, yeah we get it, Sam referenced these things, but that's not everything he talks about. Take a chill pill and learn to compartamentalize your beleifs.

>the no one understands Sam Hyde's shitty humour meme
What now?

I'm trying to find it user.

whats the song called?

Hey Moon by John Maus

here

John Maus - Hey Moon

John Maus - Cop Killer(used in the original pilot)

Was that John Maus screaming at the end of the skit?

He was singing Cop Killer, that's how he performs live.

thanks, m8.

no it was charls dressed up as john maus

>KSTV episode "Manstarter"
youtube.com/watch?v=p978u4r-q4c

Yeah, exactly.

There was literally no reason for this skit to be in black and white except to virtue signal as pretentious, "so deep," tryhards. Pathetic.

>40's setpiece complete with clihce pipes and lingo
>no reason for this skit to be in black and white

can't decide if weak bait or legit retard at this point

hey guys we got a retard here, retard alert!

retard

can you please stop pushing this retarded bullshit? Nothing in the skit points to this as being a valid theory

Is this all just him projecting his frustrations onto everyone? I mean didn't he live with his mom until like a year ago?

Not an argument.

I know at least two people that fucked up any chance of getting anywhere in life by fucking around a lot and partying and being a free spirit and not noticing how fucking FAST time goes by.

not an argument

>fucked up any chance of getting anywhere in life

what does this even mean? Define "getting anywhere"

nothing other than this

Who cares? Everyone ends up as dust.

>nothing other than a post that doesn't relate to the sketch at all and was posted a year before the episode even aired

ok

Having a stable, legitimate job, having your own place to live, owning a transport, having disposable income, creating something worthwhile.

I hope you're nor trying to be obtuse on puspose because Sam's rant hit too close to home.

Do you often describe yourself as "smart, but lazy"?

>American dream in the 50's : buy a house, get married, raise a couple of kids, get them educated
>American dream now:.....

I mean what's the standard we are judging by here? "Getting anywhere" can literally fucking mean anything.

Anywhere from the point where they have been to the point where they could be? Like you were somewhere in your 17 and in your 24 you meet a friend and he asks you "so what are you doing now?" and you say "Same, all the fucking same, not a inch further, just older and more stupid. More desperate".

the point of the skit was to ruin the comment section on a good song

Sounds pretty spooky. Everyone knows the meaning of life is to fuck as many women as possible and seek as much pleasure as you can.

>having a stable, legitimate job, having your own place to live, owning a transport, having disposable income

so literally don't be homeless? this is bare minimum living.

>creating something worthwhile

Again, you're going to have to be more specific, I don't know what exactly you're talking about. If you have a job, you're creating some value. If you're fucking taking orders at mcdonalds you're creating value because you're a medium for which some fatass can stuff his face with a cheap cheeseburger.

I don't think that's what the other poster was talking about. He was speaking with finality.

(((getting anywhere in life)))

All these triggered time-wasters and procrastinators

Smart but lazy, am i right fellas?

it clearly is because this isn't the first rant he's gone on and the others that I've watched have all been directly from experiences in his life.

such as:
youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE

by your own metric I'm "getting somewhere in life" yet here I am some miserable cunt shitposting on Sup Forums and since you're here too I can only assume the same about you.

>I keep this image saved on my computer for the sole purpose of shitposting on an anime imageboard

t. "productive member of society"

You're going to be meat rotting in the ground in 50 or 60 years at the most, regardless of what you "accomplish." Just a friendly reminder.

>snake eyes
>you got 5 and 1
This shit is funny

I haven't "gotten anywhere" in life and I'm really happy. Sometimes I'm amazed at how happy I am, how fulfilled I feel, how much I enjoy things. I understand that society has a lot to say about what we "should" be doing at a certain time in our life, or what it means to be a "man" and not be a "loser", but if I'm at the happiest time in my life now, which didn't start until I stopped trying to "get anywhere in life", then shouldn't I continue? It's not a con, meme posting, or being purposefully obtuse. I really feel this way.

I get pretty anxious, and I spent my whole life doing things that I didn't want to do, things that caused extreme anxiety, because it was what I was supposed to do. Now I stopped doing most of those things, and it feels like a weight has been lifted, like I've been let out of jail. I would rather die than go back. I see people I know working hard to "get somewhere in life" and they seem so unhappy. I know they have joy in their life at times, but even with a wife, kids, disposable income, a good job, etc, I'd rather die than trade places with them.

>falling for the success meme
enjoy the futile rat race dipshits, see ya at the retirement home

...hell yeah

it's funny that you don't think this applies to you. unless you're a celebrity or a millionaire nobody other than your immediate family really cares about you

key to happiness is 1. staying busy and 2. being around family

that's literally it. There's a reason people in fucking Honduras rate more happy than us in the U.S. despite the fact that they have the highest murder rate in the world and they're poor as shit.

>Everyone who wants their life to be fulfilling and not surrounded with squalor and shit is le goy

dank meme

>implying most of the people on this board will live past their 30s

>I'm going to keep posting shit I found on tumblr that literally nobody is going to read

100% productive use of time

3. being dumb and religious

It's much easier to be happy if you're ignorant of the futility of everything, that when someone in your family gets cancer it's for "a reason," rather than just because people are comprised of cells comprised of molecules, which have imperfections.

It's not that you have to be a stupid religious person to be happy, but it's much easier and much more likely. Human happiness is essentially about lying to yourself until you're dead, and lying to yourself is easier if you're simply not smart enough to see the truth.

>key to happiness is 1. staying busy and 2. being around family
That makes perfect sense to me. This is the first time in my life I stay busy doing things I enjoy. I have the time to do it now. And my parents (I'm an only child) have retired and we spend a lot of time together as well, real quality time. So you are exactly right.

My parents have a neighbor about my age who works in bail bonds with his father, has a wife, two kids (and he's raising one of hers from another marriage) and in the morning I hear him come out, throw the trash into the bin and curse like a sailor. He goes to the gym (he used to be pretty small, now he's more muscular). He yells at his kids like he hates them too. Never seems to have any fun. Spends like crazy too, constantly buying new shit for his house, but then he leaves trash out in his yard for days and stuff until someone in the neighborhood gripes. Such an odd thing he's got going on.

He's got everything a guy my age is supposed to have, but he's got a look in his eye that he's gonna snap and shoot someone.

nothing really hints to this at all

>>>/leftypol/

It's a Sup Forums tard, everything hints at identity politics. Everything can be interpreted to fuel his persecution complex.

>you have to follow my exact guidelines to have a fulfilling life, no shut up you're lying there's only my way and if you don't do it like that you're a scrub

kys sam, jesus. Remember when you were bumming food off of your mom for 6 straight years and then tried to scam a bunch of bronies out of their money before getting caught and pulling the "just a prank bro!" card?

you should kill yourself

butthurt brony detected

ok

dont do it, but you are a massive faggot

nm actually do it

ok

nah this is all just shitposting. Nobody in here is actually being anything more than half-serious.

see

I work 6 days a week to support my custom ordered miniature pony sculptures you fucking nigger. Do you really think it's funny to scam somebody like that out of their hard earned cash? I literally cleaned a toilet yesterday with my barehands because my staff upped and threatened to fucking quit on me after they walked in and saw what a complete fucking holocaust the last fat fuck that used our 1 of TWO stalls in our modest little family run restaurant created. You think that's fucking funny? You fat fuck? You skinny legged asymmetrical faced, pube bearded fuck? If I had the means I would sue your ass.

>thats time you'll never get BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
holy fuck

Take it easy, man.

fuckin lost it there myself

The skit was made so they could laugh at their retarded fanbase try to make super deep interpretations of it.

What's so hard to get?

It's a jab at the US's justice system. A normal, white picket fence citizen can get 10 years for something benign, like a non-violent offense. Once he's incite, it completely changes him. You can get your sentence increased for arbitrary shit (as seen by the gambling scene). Once he leaves, everything around him is different. He's free but his life as he knows it is over.

I don't necessarily agree with it. It's just more Sam's edgy anti-authority rhetoric but I understand it. It's still one of my favorite sketch's, even though it wasn't really comedy.

>Don't fuck around and waste time being in denial

>super deep interpretation

MDE and World Peace threads have the weakest bait

>It's a jab at the US's justice system.

It's not thought.

Are you one of those retards that thinks it's an allegory for the fall of western civilization or some shit?

You don't fully grasp the meaning. Watch this first
youtube.com/watch?v=tSzi7Tdp5VY

and then listen to the song again, the words "against the law" again and again.

No, it's about people who waste time and think that nothing bad can happen to them and then regret it ultimately: a central theme of many Sam and Nick's rants, some of which have been posted here.

>For what purpose though?
To play games with people's expectations and make them laugh.

That's literally what my mom says unironically.

Yeah it is funny brony

No it's the same purpose as the tap water sketch, showing how pointless inaction is

In the right picture, the picket fence makes zero sense. On the planks just to the left of the character, there are two broken ones with only one bottom.

Dropped.

Autism.

You have abundance mentality. You feel badly because you feel you have everything you need. Those people bussing ass to "make it" do so from a scarcity mentality. They're working fit something they feel they don't have so they're miserable until they get it but they probably never will

You feel good because you have everything you need*