The album that showed a world other than pleb music

The album that showed a world other than pleb music.

For me it was Blackstar I heard it and immediately went back and listened to his whole discography. I used to only listen to radio hits and a LOT of EDM, but going through all his albums he had so many great sounds especially his 70's period I was inspired to venture out and found so much great music in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o2L5RexS0Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Glad you thought blackstar was good enough to expand your horizons. It's a great album, but low, heroes, and lodger are incredible

Outside is an amazing album. Listen to that too OP

Pretty much only listened to music from video games until I heard this on the radio. Totally rocked my world.

Finally made me listen to genres outside of hip hop.

Yea like I said before listening to this I was pretty basic. Those are amazing albums low and heroes are my faves by Bowie.

Don't listen to it that much these days
Really good record, one of the best rock albums of the decade
Best Radiohead, good album
Still haven't heard this one, but I really like Fragile

TPAB
I'm not joking

One of his harder listens. It took me a while to appreciate this album. But I think its great now. One of his better works of the 90's

hows it feel to be 13?

Gateway album that made me stop listening to only nu metal and post grunge.

I believe it I think that albums that really set people to new music are the ones that don't seem bound to the rules or trends of its genre.

How's it feel to be such a condescension ass based on something as meaningless as music taste?

18* but that's a good album.

Jesus fucking christ

Only on Sup Forums can you be judged on what your entry into music was.

reddit

>Calling people Reddit based on the album that got them into less mainstream music
Niggah are you retarded

no he's underage.

you have bad taste

so do you. that's why we are here.

You don't even know his taste, this thread isn't about what we like dumb dumb

Same here

>(*"music"*)

bad taste

If you have ever even listened to Radiohead you should go back to /r/theneedledrop

>listening to music

hey pig piggy pig pig pig

>He doesn't realize Radiohead is Sup Forums-core
Oh poor you

bad taste is what you have

>decent thread ruined by tryhards
>again

>>>>>>>reddit

OP isn't pretending that his taste is any unique or special you fucking twat

Only people who post mucore filled charts and the like are reddit

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>reddit

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>reddit

~18 y.o. MPP came out. At this point in not a huge animal collective fan, but that album sparked a real experimental nger in me.

same OP

are these jokes?

Are you a joke?

For me it is youtube.com/watch?v=o2L5RexS0Kw the best entry level music

only music

Same here. Still is my favorite album :)

This got me into more difficult music.

jesus fuck

>there are people who weren't raised on good wholesome dadrock and prog
>there are people for whom shitty radio pop and nig-tier rap were what music was for their entire youth
>there are "people" who still only know "music" through top 40 and entry level nig-tier rap

I somehow ended up with my brother's copy of this album. It sparked my transition from the oldies/classic rock of my parents to the modern stuff my brother was listening to. He's certainly the biggest influence on my music taste even though I've largely gone in a different direction from him.

How much of a pleb am I for preferring this version to Bowie's?

youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g

Also just know OP, God Knows You're Good.

not better than the Bowie one.