People only talk about this guy because he killed Euronymous and allegedly burned some churches...

People only talk about this guy because he killed Euronymous and allegedly burned some churches. He didn't contribute anything new to Black metal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dCLuXhFwdgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He created burzum you newfag

Lost Wisdom is literally one of the greatest black metal songs ever

Burzum is a joke compared to Deathspell Omega, Mayhem, Ulver, Batushka etc..

That's some nu-male taste.

Hvis lyset tar oss. Need I say anything more?

This. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is one of the greatest black metal albums of all time.

Dude, Burzum isn't even that raw
youtube.com/watch?v=dCLuXhFwdgE

>almost singlehandedly created DSBM (for better or for worse) and Dungeon Synth
>contributed nothing

i agree, his music is shit

the first 4 burzum albums are BM classics

I enjoy his first prison album (still haven't heard the second one) I don't see why it get's shat on so much.

those are good albums imo, and some of his post prison albums are good

He made repetitive easy listening Black Metal that the hipster kids latched onto, and have ever since been releasing easy listening garbage in the genre as well.

You are litteraly the biggest retard. He was extremely early with incorporating synths, and the first to make atmosphere and repition the focal-point of the music. All these things are things that are aped to infinity and beyond in black metal afterwards.

>He didn't contribute anything new to Black metal.
Everything he did up to Filosofem is considered extremely influential in Black Metal and there are a gorillion bedroom black metal bands trying to emulate his ambient BM style.

he created one of the greatest vidya soundtracks tho

t. Euronymous from Hell

>implying most BM isn't repetitive and symplistic

>Synths
Intro to Deathcrush that Euronymous creepily stalked one of the Tangerine Dream/Kluster guys to do. Also, same year as Burzum s/t, there's Emperor demo a few months after and first two Cradle Of Filth demos two months before. Not extremely early at all.
>and the first to make atmosphere and repition the focal-point of the music
A Blaze In The Northern Sky. Hell, even Varg disagrees he was the first one with this stuff. Varg did water it down enough for casuals to digest it more easily though.
>All these things are things that are aped to infinity and beyond in black metal afterwards.
Yeah, by hipster faggots mostly.
t. Kristian who's actually still alive
Not really. Take for example a band like Blasphemy whose music was composed of relatively simplistic power chords but was very chaotic and had far more variable structures compared to most of their Norweigan counterparts. Even a band known for its straightforwardness like Blasphemy has more going on musically at any given moment than Burzum's easy listening garbage.

t.Nu Male

>Burzum
>not nu male
FALSE NO ENTRY!

>Intro to Deathcrush
Looped and tape-manipulated marching drums, not synths as in keyboards. Plus, as you said, it's not really a Mayhem track, just relized under the Mayhem name.
>Synths
Yeah that was a mistake on my part though.
>Blaze
Darkthrone's focus is riffs, not atmosphere. The album is inherently somewhat atmospheric as is nearly all black metal. Point is that Burzum's focus (from Hvis and forward) was being atmoshit. You could say Transilvanian Hunger has atmo as it's focus, but Fenriz as said that that albums biggest inflenve was Burzum.
>hipster faggots
>implying that burzum wasn't influential to the genre before hipsters and nu-males got a hold of it in the 2010's

>Darkthrone's focus is riffs
They still fail at it compared to Burzum though. Stemmen fra tarnet and Jesu Dod alone have better main riffs than anything Darkthone have ever shat out.

>Darkthrone's focus is riffs, not atmosphere. The album is inherently somewhat atmospheric as is nearly all black metal.
This is blatantly not true though. Most of the tracks on the album are relatively long to make each riff last longer, then there's stuff like that clean guitar bit, too, which, like Bathory's work on Blood Fire Death, would also be influential on atmoshit. Not to mention that Transylvanian Hunger came out before Hvis, and Under A Funeral Moon (where he had already started doing repetitive stuff too) was even before that.
>implying that burzum wasn't influential to the genre before hipsters and nu-males got a hold of it in the 2010's
>implying only hipsters make watered down atmogarbage

>repetitive one dimensional riffs are better than the multifaceted more variable riffs of A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Wtf? This poser cancer needs to be wiped from the metal genre.

>Darkthrone
>not the quintessential poser BM band
They literally jumped from DM into the BM bandwagon just to follow the contemporary trend and suddenly went "wtf I hate death metal now".

They are literally the first band to release something in the quintessential second wave style. Even Varg agrees on this to the extent he calls Deathcrush "funcore"

>This is blantantly not true though
What do you mean it's not true? I'm quoting Fenriz himself when I say that. Atmosphere was second making good riffs and worshiping earlier black metal bands (another thing Fenriz said they wanted to do in the early album). And still, Darkthrone is rarely as repetitive as Burzum.

>that clean guitar bit
Those 10 seconds of clean guitar on In The Shadow of The Horns is to little to be counted as influencial. That's literally the only time DT used clean guitar until around 2014. Bathory, as you said, or Ulver, Immortal or even Isengard is more important in that respect.

>Transylvanian Hunger came out before Hvis
Yes, but Hvis was recorded before it (and I didn't say it was specifically influenced by Hvis).

How doth i get into black metal

I'll admit to DT never being Burzum repetitive, because holy shit that's some awful crap that's way too repetitive.
>Yes, but Hvis was recorded before it (and I didn't say it was specifically influenced by Hvis).
Hvis was dedicated to Fenriz though

>Hvis was dedicated to Fenriz
Didn't know that, but it makes sense. They were great friends and Fenriz allowed Varg to use DT as a creative outlet for a while (through the lurics that is) so a dedication makes sense as a thank you.

You start with Darkthrone and Burzum. That's what I did. Also Bathory

Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Sarcofago - INRI
Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Burzum - Filosofem
Dissection - Storm Of The Light's Bane

Five entry level, essential, easy to listen to yet good records from black metal. All pretty different from each other as well.

>he killed Euronymous
one of the best things anyone could've done desu

You don't know anything about black metal or late 20th century art in general.

Black metal bands take inspiration from Burzum isntead of that faggot shit Euronymous and his fat gut hanging out of his shirt.

If ANYONE mentions Cradle Of Filth in this fucking board the least you can do is making fun of these fuckers until Dani kills himself.