Anyone from Sup Forums got advice for starting university?

Anyone from Sup Forums got advice for starting university?

>bring less than you thought you needed.
>don't party too hard at the beginning. Stick to studies for a while
>try to eat well, even if it's tough

good luck user

If you can, fuck the professor

Don’t join a frat
You’ll have a great time and duck lots of whores, but you won’t learn shit and you’ll likely flunk out.

advice would be wasted on you, OP. You're just going to stay in your room alone shitposting and playing video games no matter what.

Fuck being a nice guy.

Don't be an asshole, but be somewhere in the middle. Be assertive. Put yourself out there, get some pussy.

Shouldn't be skipping your first day. Detention is needed.

find a way to stay on focus and motivated otherwise it just goes to shit. also drive is everything, I basically see school as worthless so no matter what I do to try and change I just end up subconsciously skipping classes and deciding to do other things.
I've been in school for a full 4 years and I dont think my credits add up to a full semester yet.

Find out which classes curve the grades. Make friends with people in your major. No point in making friends with someone in a general class that youll never see again, unless your some type of social fag. Plus, doing homework becomes so much easier when you have a large group of people to copy from. Also, if you are at a research university, then your professors will probably be awful (smart, but just terrible teachers because they wont care), so you'll probably be teaching yourself a lot of the material from the textbook.

Yes user. I have a ton of advice for you but not a ton of time or space to leave it to you.

This is the boiled down version:

All your life you've been told that the next grade up "they" aren't going to baby you anymore. You'll be expected to act like an adult etc etc.

This is where that actually starts. Nobody gives a fuck about you and that's actually a good thing because it means that you have to give a fuck about yourself. Start off by realizing that your career is at stake with every class you take; you spent time, effort and maybe money to get here so you might as well kick ass. I should warn you of something you might already suspect though, most kids didn't have a hard time in hs with grades and that will change for you too especially if enrolled in a stem degree so prepare to mentally sprint for the first time in a long time. I could be extremely verbose, I'm actually writing a book about how to make it through an undergrad engineering program. I went from being an anxious homework beggar to THE authority in my upper division courses. I learned that what I knew wasn't as important as how well I knew how to learn. That's the power of the University done right, it can turn you into someone that knows a little bit about their field but also someone that has the confidence to learn anything about their field.

That's my reduction of college. Don't fuck around and figure out how you master any given subject.

Bump Bc similar situation

This is advice you take if you just want to pass your classes. Be more mature than this user.

Avoid women. They will either accuse you of rape for talking to them, accuse you of rape after they feel guilty for having had sex with you, or accuse you of rape after you break up with them after any relationship of any length.

If it is a very large university, avoid fraternities. Only pledge a fraternity if it's a campus of around 1,200 students.

Major in something that will actually enable you to make a living.

Actually attend classes.

Wear sunscreen.

Reasons for only rushing in a smaller school?

Well, I can't speak for each and every school of higher learning in this country, but....

It's been my experience that joining a fraternity on a very, very small campus was a shrewd & rewarding experience.
From the very day I first set foot there, I was warned by every student and staff member to avoid fraternities--they were evil, destructive, conformist, etc.
I kind of dig having a stigma attached, so I joined. Loved it. Ironically, by going against the collective attitude of the campus community, I'd made a non-conforming decision.

Are the fees manageable or not even worth considering unless I have at least a part time job? And can you divulge your hazing ritual?

>study engineering, science, math
>establish good study habits and time management skills early on
>get into a lab/an internship early on
>don't get peer-pressured into slacking off by sadboi liberal arts majors unless they're hot girls
>party often, but not so much that it affects school too much

I attended college back in the 1990s!
I'm sure prices have increased since then!

But my dues were 300 dollars per year. Easy enough to raise with a summer job... even back then.

As far as hazing goes... there were a bunch of daily activities that involved learning about each brother's life as well as the history of the fraternity. Nothing physically painful. Although there were many push-ups.
That was probably a good thing for us.

College is not just for learning and partying, it's to make connections. That's how you get a job.

Oh, yes! We also did lots of work at nature parks, cleaning up trails and such. And we helped out with Habitat for Humanity. And we sold subs.
Truly, hazing was awful. They should have all been expelled.