Everything that we are is an illusion. Nothing is real and there is no meaning to any of it

Everything that we are is an illusion. Nothing is real and there is no meaning to any of it.

Our brains do not see, smell, hear, etc. These "senses" are the result of data extrapolated from sensory input and combined with contextual information from previous experiences. None of what we experience is a real moment in plain terms. We are essentially ancestor simulations of ourselves.

But then again, why does it matter? Nothing we do is real or important. We perpetuate our human conceived notions of politics, society, government, the works, if not simply for the fact that otherwise we might realize that we are every bit as dumb monkeys as the chimps in the zoo.

The universe isn't here for us, we are not here for the universe. As hard as it may be to accept, there is no higher meaning to a single goddamn thing in existence as we know it. Anything outside of our own perception of reality is, at present, unknowable. While everything is possible, the probablity of life after death is exceedingly low.

In the end we trudge on through a systemic conglomeration of sociopolitical concepts that serves nothing but it's own stalwart forward progression with net gains of absolute bupkis for anyone paying their time, energy, or otherwise for lack of a better term, soul into the menagerie of ceaseless turning gears of the machine of society's advancement until we die and disappear into the ether of non existence we slunk out of at birth.

I simply cannot bring myself to give a flying fuck about anything at this point because what exactly is the point?

You sound mad

there isn't a point. it doesn't mean you need to be a nihilist. enjoy the time you have here.

Yes yes we're all in a simulation but that doesn't matter

You're only half way there op
the reality is that we exist in a paradox
we have free will
yet we do not
You will begin to understand that the only logical conclusion after real observation that you are following is god.

That picture is the only thing that ain't real

Oh look, someone just finished their summer seminar on epistemology.

Get lost with your skeptic bullshit. The point is what you make. Stop being a useless fuck and go do shit that makes you happy.

Eh this argument is cyclical. Because nothing exist then we must exist, etc. It's like that stupid cat. The discourse you're involved in is even more irrelevant than the meaning you assign it. Just live...or die. That's it, stop this shit.

We have 0 free will. Everything we do is a predetermined action by way of some complicated space time bullshit that continues on for eternity trapped in a singular moment, a slice of reality itself. We only experience the progression of time because we perceive space time in a 4th dimensional forward motion. 3 dimensional space is almost entirely mathematic. Pretty much everything is pure mathematics but for who knows what reason, we get stuck in the inevitable trudge towards death, looming over us like some kind of mad titan simply waiting to crush us under his proverbial boots.

I'm very tired and probably not making any sense at this point.

>I simply cannot bring myself to give a flying fuck about anything at this point because what exactly is the point?
find one, and make it worth living for you faggot. most people accept that satisfying their animalistic urges to be enough. others wish for fame and to overcome challenges, along with the benefits of knocking down hurdles.

for all your faggy wisdom you forget to accept the fact that you are in fact the universe experiencing life itself. our awareness proves that we're in the 4th dimension, but our consciousness is proof of something beyond, something more, the 5th dimention if you will. anything that can be fathomed, anything that can and ever will happen, lives all at once, infinitely in this plane of existence.

you are simply the universe attempting to experience life itself, if that isn't amazing enough for you, idk what is. you're literally the particles of the residue from the fall of stars, formed in just the right way over just enough time. forgoe your anger and disgust, quit seeing people for their stupidity as it does not concern you

>Everything we do is a predetermined action by way of some complicated space time bullshit that continues on for eternity trapped in a singular moment, a slice of reality itself.
for those incapable of reaching the 5th dimension, this is true.
for those who have achieved a higher form of conciousness, you are simply wrong.

>we get stuck in the inevitable trudge towards death
this life is hell, and death is nothing but our release from it. accept it for what it is and try to better it, you see how shit it is and can be, yet choose to be a whiney faggot on /b rather than bettering the world and yourself.

i can't stress this enough, seek the 5th dimension, you may not find meaning, but you will surely find the reason behind our existence. even if you can't comprehend it on the 4th dimension (imagine trying to convey 3d objects on a 2d image, you can simulate it, but ultimately it'll never hold)

higher consciousness hurrr durrr
inb4 chakra's and other unsubstantiated autism.

Don't mistake my angry ranting for a lack of reverence for the universe. I understand that we're all just one big piece of the same whole, but what really just irks me to my very core is how we experience it. There's 100+ billion lightyears of virtually unending space stretching out in all directions and yet we're so content to stay here and bitch about whatever mundane bullshit has been pushed onto our screens.

Also I have no idea how 5th dimensional space would correlate to any form of higher consciousness. It's my understanding that the further you go in spacial dimensions, you basically just get various properties of space time physics represented as physical direction, i.e. 4th dimension is time, 5th is time and space, 6 is every probable version of our universe based on our specific physics, 7th is everything outside our physics, etc. and so on.

Yeah most people are idiots and have no fucking idea what dimension even means. They obviously conceptualize it as some tangential 3 dimensional space and thats retarded.

>1. Everything that we are is an illusion.
>2. Nothing is real
>3. here is no meaning to any of it.

1, that's a redundant statement
2. define real
3. the nature of assigning meaning to things implies only that you have not ascribed any meaning to any of the things you're seeing

That's as far as I had patience to read, bc all of these are thoroughly your problem, user, no one elses. I struggled through thought experiments like this and beyond as well when I was a young fuck, but I had the good god damn sense to do so without dragging others through my processing.

It's not deep, it's an insufficiency in your vocabulary, and thoughts limited by that vocabulary. Keep working on it. But seriuosly fuck off.

That depends on your understanding of what a spacial dimension is. It's entirely possible that consciousness and space have dimensionality separate from eachother

/r/im14andthisisdeep

glad to hear you had your first existential crisis, OP. now deal with it or an hero, faggot.

I didn't attempt to rationalize any of my bullshit. I'm sleep deprived and bored pontificating on the internet.

Posting existential truisms doesn't make you deep or witty.

no fuck off faggot.
although there is an energy within us most don't acknowledge or choose to neglect, its effects can be proven scientifically.

don't buy into bullshit trying to sell you crap. i.e chakras

they clearly have. your dreams and imagination of proof of this.

>implying
As if to insinuate I was trying to be witty

>These "senses" are the result of data extrapolated from sensory input
sooo, whats the problem?
>with contextual information from previous experiences
that just means, we learn
>conceived notions
mostly yes. but somebody has to think about them. about 1% of the population does that. called elite.
>The universe isn't here for us, we are not here for the universe.
>Anything outside of our own perception of reality is, at present, unknowable.
that sounds pretty mystical and therefore meaningful my man
>While everything is possible, the probablity of life after death is exceedingly low.
see above
>I simply cannot bring myself to give a flying fuck about anything at this point because what exactly is the point?
really user, you are NOT at the low point of nihilism

There isn't a point; death is inevitable, free will is an illusion, and the only thing that can be known to exist is your own consciousness itself.
Meaninglessness doesn't mean much, though. What's real to me is real to me and when I'm dead I'm dead, so there isn't a point in internalizing the absence of a point. I'm alive so I might as well live, right?

Someone has to think about ahit though right? A lot of what I write generally contradicts my other writing, but I just write down what I think of at the time. I just think about shit...

If the meaning you derive is that everything is meaningless, then which is it?

did OP fall asleep?

Having fun.

I did, I woke up, and now I'm going back to sleep

enjoy that 5th dimension user