Is vaporwave actually worth getting into?

is vaporwave actually worth getting into?

i've always assumed it's just ""aesthetic"" middle-class hipster garbage but it seems like a pretty big thing now that i've been looking into it.

anyone got a chart or some recs or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hoYxTQw8cB0
youtube.com/watch?v=sGHVE7BTW-o
youtube.com/watch?v=fVLGvFMzjIs
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/centurion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i like death’s dynamic shroud.wmv
youtube.com/watch?v=hoYxTQw8cB0

just listen to eccojams and if you don't like it, move on

Here's your first hint: Blank Banshee isn't vaporwave.

>Avant Garde Vaporwave
youtube.com/watch?v=sGHVE7BTW-o

It's good background music for chilling or whatever

This album is cursed

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Nonononononononononononononononono.

I would never say this about anything else, but it's not a genre that needs "exploring." You really need to only listen to the classics (as far as vaporwave goes).

No, vaporwave started with a pretty good album (Eccojams) that got artlessly copied by edgy college students around the world

You might as well listen to groovy 80s funk and Japanese city pop, which is what vaporwave basically is, but better

Its the most interesting music scene right now so yes

The heavy hitters include

HKE
Telepath
nmesh
Christtt
dds.wav

Chessmaster is also nice

Please stop.

No one cares about your boring ambient.

>interesting music scene right now so yes
To what demographic edgy teenagers that watch leafyishere, pyrocynical, fat Russian kid . . .

I bet you listen to rock music

Try it out and decide for yourself, most vaporwave is available on youtube for free...

The only advice I have is to avoid "lo-fi hip hop" masquerading as vaporwave.

Shadowdog by Tirestires is pretty essential. Kind of like, glitchy, dreamy, vapourwave-y psych-pop.

youtube.com/watch?v=fVLGvFMzjIs

Great album, but it's not vaporwave.

Imo yeah it's worth getting into. I've been into it for only a few months now and it's great for chilling or relaxing. Personal favorite artists are HOME and bl00dwave (idk if that counts as true vaporwave or something else like lo-fi hip hop but idc)

I'm personally more into stuff like synthwave & chillwave but I just call it vaporwave just cuz

Yeah. It definitely has vapourwave influences though, and I don't see any "post-vapourwave" threads on the horizon.

waterfront dining is good. iacon is also pretty good. vektroid too has some good releases.

Vaporwave is hypnagogic pop for normies

Listen to James Ferrari, John Maus and early Ariel Pink OP

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/centurion

>avoid "lo-fi hip hop" masquerading as vaporwave

I remember a couple years ago when I was scrawling through all these artists and the music i went through slowly became more obscured between the two.