I started taking Effexor to treat my depression and it's having some weird effects on me...

I started taking Effexor to treat my depression and it's having some weird effects on me. I'm having some weird ass dreams and I've started having weird dreams and talking / shouting in my sleep. Any other loser faggots go through this? Inb4 kill yourself and film it for us

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/side-effects/201107/antidepressant-withdrawal-syndrome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_II_disorder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tell this to your doctor/psych next appointment you have, sometimes sideeffects can be dealbreakers for medication.

I take Lexapro and the only side effect I notice is that it makes it harder to cum

OP is probably faking his "depression"

Kill yourself and film it for us.

Hmmmm, interesting. I'll definitely bring that up

Other than the cumming part has it worked well?

I haven't told anyone about it other than my wife because I'm not a huge attention seeking faggot

Been on Effexor for longer than I'd like to admit. This shit is the devil. The longer you stay on it, the harder it is to *ever* get off. I'm on a tiny dose now because when I reduce it leads me to unbelievable mood swings/rage, like you get when you miss a dose.
Also, brain zaps if you miss a dose(s).
Google it, and then get off this shit asap.

Woot-THIS - dud-dubs hath spake

I'M PICKLE RICK XDDDDDDD

I experienced things like this as well when starting lamictal. It's supposedly your brain adjusting to the chemical changes. If it interferes with your every day life, activities or job you need to talk to a Dr. Make sure you are seeing a psychiatrist and not some retard general health practitioner. Also I'm coming off lamictal now, and the nightmares are much worse compared to when I first started taking it.

My doctor did say I couldn't stop taking it cold turkey. That's kind of terrifying to know. Are there any better alternatives?

And what the fuck is a brain zap?

It was my GP who prescribed it, maybe I'll look into finding a psychiatrist.

How was lamictal? Did it help?

brain zaps are very hard to describe but trust me you do NOT want that shit

haha google brain zap. it's what you get that incapacitates you if you are on a high enough dose for a while and skip a day. I bet people end up in the psych ward daily for that shit. It's like getting jumper cables hooked up to your brain every now and then, you can fall down and shit, it's awful.

Yeah there used to be a website called paxilprogress that detailed people trying to get off this stuff. Crazymeds.org or whatever was the other alternative website.

Effexor/Paxil works in a different way than prozac type drugs. Does it let you cum easier? Yes. Does it make you totally addicted to this shit with godawful side effects when you miss a dose? Yes. And that's the shit that doctors don't know anything about. They know a little from a book, but its us poor bastards that have to suffer from their ignorance.

I do the same ended up with a girlfriend that had her tits cut off due to cancer. Fucked her from behind and acted like it was a dude.
Finally went on generic paxil and it stopped dumped the bitch to. Hang in there op.

explain in length in greentext

psychologytoday.com/blog/side-effects/201107/antidepressant-withdrawal-syndrome

I googled this shit right after the doc prescribed it, I still remember that look on his eyes when he prescribed it, that evil fuck.

Never took one single dose of that shit. Id suggest you quit and puke all day if you have to.

I found it effective. Hard to stop taking and the initial side effects suck.
It does give one a bit of impotence but not always and it beats crippling depression/anxiety.
Good luck.

Get checked for bipolar 2 ASAP. Antidepressants alone can aggravate bipolar 2 permanently.

Not kidding around.

I'm on effexor 150mg and when I first started I had ultra vivid dreams, still do once in an while and have caught myself talk in my sleep after waking up. It's a side effect but it can be good once you learn to have lucid dreams.

If the thread is still up I will in a little bit. I'm on mobile riding around.

You are just masking the problem mate sorry to inform you.

yeah I was on 450mg of this, in the end it really did nothing at all for my depression and had terrible fucking withdrawals

I was getting massive homocidal thoughts also crazy fucked up dreams

Just googled, sounds super shitty. I've been put on a low dose to start, maybe I'll ask to stay on this low dose for a while and see how it goes.

As opposed to bipolar 1? What's the difference?

>Effexor
It's because of the increased serotonin activity. On the long run you'll probably going lose your sexual drive and/or overeat constantly and gain lot of weight.

That's how antidepressants work often I'm afraid.

Not at all. I quit them 3 years ago, I just needed them to get me out of a psychological rut, and they did very effectively.
Don't assume how it is/was for you is the same for others. This may be exactly what OP needs.

Since I've started taking them I've been doing about an hour and a half of cardio per day and going for a lot of walks. I feel like I need to exercise to get out all this new found energy I have

placebo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_II_disorder

Haha
>Source:guy who has never taken effexor.
Stop talking such bollocks please, you really don't know what you're talking about and you're not even slightly helpful.

I'm interrupting my fap to try and help you. Here is what I wrote about 2 years ago after a 6-month try of Effexor XR: (copied and pasted from my google drive notes)
"
I have to say, out of all the drugs that have “effects” on you that I have taken, venlafaxine is the most notorious. It will forever leave a scar on my life. I will never forget it. Sure, shit like xanax, fentanyl, methamphetamine, LSD, yeah they’ve all been potent modulators, but venlafaxine was so subtle. So smooth. Side effects at the beginning were so, so hard to deal with, I can’t even explain. But the worst was how it snuck into my life. How I lost all sense of judgement. Uninterested is very characteristic. I was acting somewhat delusional. Abusing certain drugs in certain ways that taint my semester with shame, embarrassment, and unmistakeable regret. And brain zaps were continuous for at least 1 month after discontinuation. They still come back here and there, like when I wake up from narcoleptic situations and I look around they come back. I remember keeping them around, saying “oh maybe one day you’ll find a use for them”. And then eventually I came to my senses, and took every capsule, emptied them all into my toilet (capsules are useful and obviously kept), and flushed it all away. It all looked so benign, so trivial. You could barely even see the beads in the water, floating there at the top. All together the multiple pill bottles emptied looked so insignificant in there. And I thought about how just a small fraction of those, every day, had ruined me."

>What is greentext?
Sounds like you were the problem tbh.
Years of drug abuse and you blame effexor for being a faggot.
But yeah the brain zaps suck, took me 4 months for them to completely go away after 5 years of effexor.

What were the brain zaps like? What do they feel like?

I'M PICKLE RICK XDDDDDDD

The best way I can describe it is that it feels almost like you've sneezed with the behaviour of the facial muscles but without the actual physical sneeze.

It was usually triggered by me looking around rapidly with my eyes, It was maybe once every 5 minutes for the first week, getting better as time went on. The first few days were the worst.
It's annoying but tolerable.

I've been on that shit before. It makes swallowing hard as fuck and yawning hard too. Also ejaculation lacked the rush of satisfaction. Shitty orgasms like hell. Might as well have been pissing. Get off that shit and find a different drug.

I had quite intense orgasms once I adjusted but generally it made harder to keep erect.
I hear other SSRI's and SRI's do this.
For me effexor was the best medicine I'd tried out of many, the side effects were unfortunate but it was much better than my depression and anxiety and worth the cost.

That's great man I'm happy for you. In the long run I just ended up self medicating and wound up with the typical shit story of endless fuck ups to sobriety. I don't take anything now and mostly try to explain my depression at the time as teenage hormones and lack of maturity.

I think it's important that OP, or anyone else reading know that what works for some won't work for others and may even suck for them.
That doesn't mean it's not worth trying. If it works for you it really is worth it. Don't self medicate, go through professionals. Self medicating ALWAYS ends badly.

One word faggots, Wellbutrin. Had crazy vivid dreams and same type of talking and stuff in sleep, went away though.

My nurse practitioner prescribed mine, so? If they didn't have the qualifications to prescribe certain kinds of meds, they damn sure wouldn't. And also, I asked her about Xanax for anxiety and she told me that would be something I would see a psych doc for. So...yeah.

Wellbutrin.

I would stop taking it if I were you. I've always heard bad things about antidepressants. I should be taking them but fuck that

I have been on Effexor for more than a year now. First 75mg, now 37.
Like other people said, at the beginning it made it cery difficult to cum, but now it's been back to normal rather quickly.
Never had unusual dreams/nocturnal activities.
But I think it made me more socially "agressive", and made me act more on impulse.

Yeah, fuck potentially saving yourself from years of mental pain because some people had some bad experiences. Even though that's a statistical certainty and to be expected.

Effexor fucked me up bad. The dreams were terrible, super vivid would wake up to find I hurt myself during the night.
On lamictral for seizure and venaflaxine for depression haven't had to bad side effects from either yet. It's been about a year now.

Venlafaxine and Effexor are the same thing.

Hey retard, the side effects and effects of discontinuation are documented very well, and there are even links in the thread. Mind your business if you intent to stay ignorant.

ffs OP

like any mood altering drug, it only works as intended if your change your life style to fit

Oh yeah and like some people said, when I was taking 75mg, if I missed a dose, my head would start spinning really bad, and I would ferl really dizzy

I discontinued use myself, it's obviously worse for some people. It doesn't kill you, it's just unpleasant. Keep being depressed though by all means, at least you won't have to suffer any side effects or have a hard time coming off. God you're wise.
I took it for 5 years
Before effexor:
>Single, unemployed, depressed, anxious and having a hard time sleeping.
>No energy, couldn't find a way out.

After effexor:
>Have a fiance.
>Job.
>A nice life, a great sex life.
>Energy and motivation.
>Anxiety and depression an occasional but minor thing.
I haven't taken it for 4 years.

What kind of retard thinks his anecdote is data?

What kind of a pussy bases there decisions on only the negative data and refuses to try things for themselves?
If you base it on the data alone, it's still worth trying. There are no perfect medicines and depression isn't something that can always be beaten by life changes alone.

Idiot, I've taken it. Your ignorance is inexcusable. Also, there's a difference between "there" and "their". You are clearly in no position to be giving any kind of guidance on anything. Go back to watching Rick and Morty with your fake fiance.

Haha
>Calls someone ignorant.
>Makes weird huge assumptions about a stranger.
>Throws in random cartoon for some reason.
Get a grip on your mental health, you're talking shit.
>I've always heard bad things about antidepressants.
>I should be taking them but fuck that.
Then
>Idiot, I've taken it.
Lying on the internet. For shame.

I'm not that faggot, idiot. Take your assumptions somewhere else along with your meds

Wow, you're gonna need some medications to handle your humiliation after making such an absolute ass of yourself.

>n nnn no you!

wat

Do you blame effexor for being an imbecile too? Or was it always the case.

Did you forget how punctuation works? Also, you still haven't explained yourself. What do you mean by "n nnn no you!"?

>Explain this to me because I'm too stupid to understand.
I'm not holding your hand gayboy.

So you were just talking out of your ass, like you've done with every post in this thread. Got it.

Yea, I get the same. I can wank for hours before I cum. When I was first on it I was told to take it in the morning because it can cause sleeplessness but it knocks me on my ass. I take it before bed and sleep for at least 8 hours.

It's not my fault your a shitcunt, but you sure can punctuate.
Enjoy being depressed faggot.

>your

If you really had an anxiety disorder shouldn't you have been on effexor a lot longer?

I think that faggot was sad because he was a loser, so he used meds as a crutch and stopped taking them once he attained a sad state of mediocrity that made him feel better about himself. There was no disorder other than being a failure.

Man what a crazy coincidence this thread is here today.

I went on it several months ago. Started on the extended release 75mg and it was hell for the first week. After the side effects disappeared I didn't really feel any better and it was upped to 150mg. I don't really notice feeling better on it but I do notice really crazy dreams and my memory going funny.

I missed a dose yesterday and today due to not being able to afford the meds and while I didn't notice the first day not taking it, today has been fucking hell. I lost all my sense of balance. I feel like I'm gonna vomit. Those brain zap things straight up make you unable to function. I feel disconnected from my body and reality. And my emotions are so fucking messed up. I was on a peak hour train to the chemist to get more venlafaxine when spontaneously for no reason I started crying. This wasn't just a couple tears but full on sobbing. For no. Fucking. Reason. I didn't feel good but I didn't feel like crying but my brain is so messed up at the moment it did it. So fucking embarrassing.

Man I feel like my brain is working at 2% speed atm all I can say is you might not have any problems with it and work for you but DONt miss a dose.

P.s. for what ever reason Effexor actually increased my sex drive like 300% and everything works just fine down there so I'm lucky in that respect

BRAIN ZAPS!!

I used to get these when i used to take a lot of MDMA. I later experienced them when taking Paxil and then Lexipro.

Best way to describe them is like an electrical arc in your head, between your ears. You hear it. You feel it. BZZZZZZT
You might lose motor skill for a quick second or feel like someone shut the power off in you body.
Also, be prepared for something that I have affectionately called "Invisible Music". You will hear something that sounds like music playing from a far off radio that you cant pinpoint. You might even experience hearing a random voice speak a word you cant understand during a brain zap..

It's really freaky and took me a while to get used to them. Once i did research and realized i wasnt actually losing my mind i got more comfortable. I still occasionally get them to far less degree if I'm really sleepy and crossing over between wake and sleep.

good luck

That last part isn't a brain zap when you're falling asleep, that's a hypnagogic jerk. But otherwise, fairly accurate.

No, it comes along with the hypnagogic jerk. That same BZZZZT.

I've had that too. That could also be exploding head syndrome. Ever have sleep paralysis?

Any success stories?

Yes. At least 4 times that i can recall. Total sleep paralysis with full visual and tactile (something was touching me) hallucinations

yeah that's common with venlafaxine. if it becomes intolerable, have your doctor switch. you're lucky in that depression has a wide variety of medications to try out. not to mention non-pharmacological treatments.

not much you can do with CHF other than fucking minimal exercise.

Same. Can be associated with exploding head syndrome. All that weird stuff seems to be related, and I've had all of it. Sometimes I get nostalgic for sleep paralysis. Dunno why, I guess it's just fascinating.

yeah. same here. I kind of miss it. lol
scary at first, but then it became really interesting. My sleep is much more normal now, but there have been a few times where my body "disconnects" and is asleep, but "I" am not, and I just lay there listening to my body breath with a slight snore. I feel extremely calm and clear headed for a few minutes before my mind goes to sleep.

I do know what you mean about feeling nostalgic for it, but then i think about how i got to that point. All the drugs and damage to my body.All very interesting.

The problem is that if it works, they don't care and don't bother posting online about it. You only hear about the extremes who are actually in the minority

Yes I take Effexor XR extended release it fucking changed my life !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm the person I used to be before anxiety and depression you'll be on it for the remainder of your life but wow you'll get your life back!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot express how much it helped me I would of killed myself literally I think I'm an old fag never post though but I had to .

Yeah this. Happens to most people I reckon. Sometimes you just wanna have a quick wank but there's just no chance of busting a nut in the few minutes spare you have

Yeah dude fuck brain zaps if any of you fags take lexapro you gotta ween off them or it'll be with you for a month