Swans Meme Market General

The Swans meme market is now open, please feel free to post and trade any meme related to Swans and/or Michael Gira. Thank You.

their best is children of god

Did he ever go to trial for.....you know

Swans are the most overrated band on Sup Forums

Early Swans is literally heavy music like metal or hardcore but for people who are too pussy, too pretentious, or too ADHD to enjoy those other heavy genres. That's why every track just repeats almost the same damn thing with no variation to water heavy music down for plebs.

Children Of God is Industrial for babies who are too scared to get into the much wilder and often harsher experiences of masters like Throbbing Gristle or Einstürzende Neubauten.

Neo-folk era Swans is for people who got too intimidated by the complexities of the arrangements of folk geniuses like Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Neil Young, and now Joanna Newsom so instead these people listen to the most repetitive folk songs on the planet. Shit, at least the really old as shit folk songs were not this long even if just as repetitive.

Soundtracks For The Blind is touted as their masterpiece, but it's really just Swans' gimmick record. On the surface it will impress anyone not experienced with a variety of music, because it sure does bring some variety, but a closer look will show just how awful it is. Take a track like Helpless Child for example. In a world where we have bands like Talk Talk and Godspeed You! Black Emperor who make these long dirges with constant changes, we have this track that makes very little changes if at all until later into the song when giant drones start to take over. Or what about Volcano, which, even though it's a dancey electronic track, has none of the percussive intricacy outside the main percussion heard in the beginning to make the track groove better like the best house/techno.

But perhaps the worst is their latest output, which does what potential GOAT krautrock contender band Amon Düül II did on their legendary improvisation tracks, yet do it with a similar approach every. Single. Track. Shit, they don't even have actual cool ass riffs to bookend the builds like ADII either, just bland builds.

i like listening to them while i lift weights. it's like giving my body AND my mind a workout!

I enjoy literally every artist you listed there, and the list goes on!

is this a pasta or did you write this essay

somebody saved my meme :)

posting R A R E gira

enjoy

That's a nice feel, user

my cat gira is so majestic

nice thread

I approve of this thread

kek

don't worry, it's pasta

comfy thread

that's a pretty common gira desu

check THIS gira

What is sex like with Michael Gira? It’s a question I’ve pondered many times, about a great many men, but the thought of sexual intercourse with Michael Gira is something I constantly return to, more so than others. Sex with Friedrich Nietzsche must have surely been terrifyingly masochistic and dangerous (not without protection, Freddy). Ingmar Bergman’s many affairs meant he was probably a great lover in bed, but he also probably cried relentlessly afterwards every time out of guilt and the lack of God’s answers for shagging. Someone like Cary Grant would have been a fantastically smooth talker, but given that he was probably gay, he would also have probably been a slight disappointment. Klaus Kinski would probably not allow you to make a single sound, in case you distract him from his task. A Marlene Dietrich would probably eat you alive and forget about you immediately. It goes on.

But Michael Gira? Lord knows what that’s like. I don’t think Jarboe could bring herself to talk about it if you asked her, it was probably too terrifying, or maybe even non-existent. After many hours pondering (because what better things do I have to do than ponder how Michael Gira tackles penetration?), I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Gira is either entirely asexual and has always been that way, or he’s a complete fucking jackhammer. I can imagine him hating sex like he hates absolutely everything. On the other hand perhaps he only hates everything because he does not get enough sex. If it’s the latter than he’s probably incredibly frustrated in bed anyway, and it leads to 300mph machine-gun fucking. Does he even have a mattress? Is it just a metal or concrete slab? I doubt Michael Gira has a memory foam mattress. There’s probably a bunch of metal chains hanging around for sado-masochistic stuff, and also love poems to Jarboe and some hot waitress in a place he frequents, although I suppose Michael Gira probably only eats goat intestines.

bump

9:07

I think that's right. It's been awhile. Maybe 9:08

And then there was another one too for Glowing Man. Maybe 12 something.

No, because it was bollocks from the start

is this loss

best gira

Kek

>filename
lost it, have my rarest gira

gave me a hearty kek

Nice bait

the teeth are a nice touch

It's a fine and wonderful pleasure to see the market is still open.

Too true

So, why do you like Swans, Sup Forums?

does anyone have the face swap one of this?

Moar flex your muscles memes pls