Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums,
So I've moved out on my own now and I'm not much of a cook and never really grocery shopped that much.
What's some stuff I should buy to fill my fridge and cupboards and make tasty meals?

Easy cooking thread

that grocery list on the whiteboard gave me a good chuckle

canned soups are easy cheap meals. grill a cheese with them. badabing badaboom baby

Spaghetti carbonara

Janitor from Sup Forums?

Potatoes and rice if your poor but don't wanna dies.

I always love making Mostacholi with meat in a crockpot yeah it takes long as fuck but it's awesome if you work start it before you go to work and by the time you get home all you have to do is make the noodles and your meal will be fresh !

How much are those crock pots?

one of the first things i did after moving out was i purchased a big ass pork butt, marinated that shit, put some rub on that shit, and roasted it in the oven for 8 hours. Fucking delicious. Fed me for 3 weeks. The pork cost me probably 10-12 bux.

Its not hard you just gotta do it.
Just fucking make yourself cook something you don't know how to cook. Even when it turns out bad its still mostly edible.

Learn to cook you stupid ass. It is not that hard you are just being lazy and need mommy to do this for you.

>Salt, corn syrup, preservatives with gmo cheese and empty carbs
Yeah killer meal you got there hank

Most meals aren't that hard
Just got to follow the instructions

buy one of these they are fucking mindless, put shit in go to work come home to good smelling house and food for days

This guy is right. Also, if you live in a humid area keep your bread in the fridge, it will last a lot longer.
I do a lot of guns and chicken salad sandwiches myself, canned tuna/chicken is really cheap and only requires a few ingredients to make. Go to the dollar store and get some Tupperware and that one batch will last a couple weeks. For breakfast, cheap yoplait yogurts (50-60cents)and generic granola bars( a box of a dozen is like $5-$6. You can eat breakfast all week for under $10 and not get weighed down
Stash a box of ramen for emergencies too

Tyson?

stick to your bird seed and grass then bub.

Not guns, tuna wtf autocorrect

Dude asked for easy and cheap, not a fucking speech on healthy living and conspiracy theories asshole

It's really not hard. Get your basic spices like salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, paprika. Stock up on fresh vegetables like garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes, potatoes. Buy some meat like chicken or pork. Always have a bag of basmati rice in your cupboard. Cook meat, add some spices, add some veg. Cook some rice on the side.

I know, god damn it. At least it saves money on food in the long run

Get a few pounds of potatos and always have onions around. Fried potatos with fried onions never gets old and can be stored forever. Get some Quark and fresh herbs and its even better. Also it is super cheap.

Got a Food 4 Less?

Start making random combinations of lean meat, veggies and nuts or fruits. You can get a rotisserie chicken, a head of romaine lettuce, some raspberries or walnuts and make like 7-10 chicken wraps for under 10$. Just experiment man, it ain't that hard.

Hey OP, 48 year old confirmed bachelor here, and I can tell you that I can't imagine surviving without my crockpot. You can put literally anything in a crockpot, leave it for 12 hours, and get delicious soup like magic. You can take all your trimmings, stuff you'd normally throw away -- apple cores, banana peels, potato skins, bones, celery tops, carrot stems, ANYTHING -- and toss it in your crockpot, add water, and just leave it. Poof, 12 hours later you have soup which is absolutely mouth-watering at literally pennies a bowl.

They're like $5 at Goodwill.

Bread
Milk
Orange juice
Had
Ham and Cheese
Peanut butter
Hot dogs
Crystal Light
Ground Meat
Chicken
Spaghetti sauce and pasta
Ramen noodles
Chicken broth (or cubes)
Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro
Ketchup and mustard
Chicken tenders (oven ready to make)
Potatoes (and mashed potatoes mix)
Rice
Beans, tomato sauce
Olive oil
Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, garlic
Nestle quick
Crackers
Diet soda for fat people
Bottled water
Salad dressing
Hot dog and burger bread
Cheetos

i spend 140 schemckles a month here. i eat like a king.

Past pub kitchenhand/very active home chef here.

Here's the easiest recipe I know and it's fancy as fuck, and impresses the HELL out of everyone. Also? The ingredients (other than the meat) last forever so you can have it be your "cooking to impress" meal.

It works on salmon and chicken.

Ingredients (just fucking trust me on this):
1 part kewpie mayo (Japanese mayo - it's a game changer)
1 part fig jam
1 part Dijon

Mix it up, save it for later. Preheat your oven to 180-200C.

Rub a bit of olive oil onto, then salt and pepper your salmon/chicken.
Fry on each side on medium high heat for 1 minute, remove from heat, spread the sauce mixture on ONE side. (We only want it to kind of glaze on the top, we don't really want it to cook against metal, it will turn brown and weird)

Either put it in a cooking pan, or, I use a cast iron pan to fry, so after I flip it I just stick it all in the oven for about 10 mins, maybe more depending on thickness.

Serve over rice. Creamy and classy as fuck concerning modern cooking trends. Also? If you have the coin, switch to kewpie mayo and use it in almost everything.

you eat dog food

Scottish tinker

fuck cooking just stick to hot pockets there fucking delicious.

Forgot to mention. Dijon and mayo make kickass sauces for baking because the vinegary part of the mayo and the kick/spice of the dijon cook out of them, leaving people wondering where the fuck all that flavor came from. They usually can't place it, and you look like a genius for slapping a 2 dollar instant condiment into your meal.

He's a poor fag he can't afford salmon and olive oil haven't you got any spam recipes ?

Shut up faggot, there's proof to the fact that calories are just fucking calories, you can eat a Big Mac meal every day and if you work out you'll be as well off as people who spend an atrocious amount of money on bullshit they can't resist buying at Trader Joe's over Instagram inpulses. Go back to sucking dick on Grindr because you suck at giving advice.

there are some foods that are questionable there. but for the most part, its pretty good honestly. just gotta be smart with what you buy. like premium dog food.

This and some beams on toast

Their replica alcoholic drinks are pretty good

Me again. Here's another sweet recipe that's basically a giant chicken nugget but much healthier and better tasting.

Mix together 3 parts panko bread crumbs (Jappo section), 1 part parmesan cheese, and quite a bit of parseley because it's fucking parseley don't measure it asshat. Salt and pepper too. Set aside.

Put a chicken breast on a cutting board, put plastic wrap on top and smash the hell out of it. Try to keep it a consistent thickness, and the thinner means quicker cook times. Don't worry if it breaks - we're breading it so we can hide that part.
Rub dijon mustard on one side, pretty liberally. The spicy part cooks out. Now put it dijon side down in the bread crumb mix. Dijon the other side, repeat.

Put in pan of medium heat olive oil - you know it's heated through well enough when it moves around almost like water when you jiggle the pan.

2-4 minutes each side. Cut it and check that it's done.

Seriously. It's a giant, fresh, healthier chicken nugget. It's not fancy but people can't quite place the parmesan and the dijon, and they're impressed as shit.

Jesus Christ, the real war was in the home of housewives

Real talk. Have you seen how much spam is these days. Here in NY(not the city fucking central NY state) its like $3 a god damned can. On the bright side our raw chicken is like 75 cents a pound.

I know this is bait. While hot pockets are quick and easy, they're also fucking poison. Resist the urge to stock up on shit like that and learn how to cook. Hell, one egg scrambled in a bowl, microwave for one minute in the bowl, put that on some wheat toast with a slice of cheese, salt, pepper, and some sort of condiment of your choice (I like sweet and hot mustard) makes for a quick snack that's not pumped full of salt and other preservatives.
just learn how to cook. In a month or two you'll have a set of recipes that you can do from memory, and it just keeps getting easier. You'll eat better (and cheaper) in the long run.

Potatoes, ground beef, ramen, eggs bread, tinned meatballs, tinned meals, pasta, rice,.
Do with them as you wish

If you save up and buy olive oil in the big ass metal containers that's like 4 liters, it's one of the cheapest things you can buy. Bulk = win.

This guy just doesn't get it....... the mans a tramp that would suck dick for a double cheese burger

Get a slow cooker and a rice cooker. Now

Exactly. Buying raw and unprepared will save you a shitload.

yah i buy 3 dollar bottles of wine. gets me drunk. no hangover. tastes just fine. its weird.

Oh fuck yes, I got to try

Your fucking retarded hot pockets are nutritious as fuck. Buy eggs to spoil in the fridge are you fuckin mental m8.

The difference between eating hobo chili and fucking sweet meals is buying raw/unprepared and doing the work yourself.

I'm outta touch this is what I used to feed my dog years ago hmmmmm that's a total mind fuck

If you're using substandard materials I agree

Used to shop at netto years ago, the fucking shame.
>bright yellow netto bags
>basically homeless eat better
Aldi is too expensive compared to liddle.

Buy Goya canned beans, some raw meat of any variety, and brown sugar. Chuck it all in a crock pot. Enjoy.

You got stores like Grocery Outlet? Here in he west, you can pick up 10lb cuts of corned beef for $7. Reubens for a week, just get sauerkraut, thousand island, bread, they also have a lot of bullshit food you can get for 4 for a dollar like protein bars, calzones and loose drinks like Capri sun. If not, look for an Aldis or Save A Lot. Never buy at a Dollar Store, they're marked up insanely high unless its soda. Same with gas station. If you live in a cousin fucking area, look for farmers or hillbillies with chickens in the yard. A farm fresh dozen goes for about $1-2 and you can truly taste the difference. Go to the butcher, ask if he has any cheap cuts that don't sell well. Meat is meat is meat. Frozen veggies for about a dollar a bag will go great over rice with cheap meat or eggs. If you're a burger kind of nigga, get the bagged kind and get cheap ass buns. If there's a sale, buy two bags and throw one in the freezer.

>hobo chili
There's nothing wrong with hobo chili. When I was hard up, I used to go to 7-11, buy a Super Big Gulp, and fill the cup to the top with the chili and cheese sauce from their pumps, then add some onions, black olives, and hot peppers from their condiment bar. For $1.99 I got a giant cup of chili which would last me a couple of days.

>that image triggers my anxiety

Nigger I have money for groceries and I still don't buy a $30 bulk container of olive oil
I'd rather have money to put aside for my mortgage

Get a girlfriend, beat her into submission. Then you have a housewife, cook and sub slut to use any time you want all rolled into one.

Hispers have now ruined spam

Raw chicken breasts, one of the healthiest and arguably freshest protein widely available, is probably the cheapest meat you can buy. I live in Australia where shit is expensive as hell, and a 4 pack of chicken breast will cost you 12 dollars. You make a chicken sandwich out of half of a breast, and that's a ~$2 meal. So, no.

Again, bulk. That will last you 2-4 months.

OP if you want to cook cheap and healthy then I'd suggest not buying canned or pre-cooked meals.

Italian food is actually rather simple to make and easy to buy for.
Depending on where you live, fresh veggies might be a little expensive, but you gotta see it as an investment in your health. Eating only canned and frozen shit will only make you fat and get diseases.

Cooking healthy & tasty is not as easy as people think, but if you make an effort you have a useful skill for life and women will love you for it (especially them fancy eurodishes)

Foods overrated buy some cheap alcohol and sponge of the family for rations

oh dear lord i can only imagine the pain you were in during these times.

Buy fucktonnes of Tempeh, Cashews, Almonds and Walnuts and become a vegetarian and you will feel amazing, save money, fuck longer, have clear skin and blast more cum onto college sluts' faces than you thought possible

A chicken sandwich is a snack not a meal

The diarrhea must have been awful, though.

Vs. 3$ worth of vegetable oil that lasts the same amount of time
No,man

Holy shit really?
Where I live the only people that eat that shit are on work release

...that's fair.

wraps. everything goes in a wrap

Have you been saving recipes specifically made by retards for retards?

Fuck op, I'm having vodka for starters and a Chinese take away for dinner he can snort evaporated milk for all I give a shit

that's like saying why eat food when you can eat fucking dogshit its free and fresh in local parks daily

google "gutter oil china" for a glimpse of what you're actually eating faggot. Olive Oil FTW

yes

Can't beat beans on toast healthy delicious n cheap as fuck

rice cooker rice and some cheese
vinegar
salt
pepper
oil

the world is yours my friend

Ok then. The point is to be cost effective, jackass. Olive oil is not.

Is the food in this thread what you guys are actually really eating?
Is this an American thing?
No disrespect just asking

Shit looks disgusting and unhealthy

>Having the intestinal strength of a 3 year old

They let you do that?

this guy gets it. vegetable oil is fucking disgusting, and you aren't saving much. You aren't going to get 3-4 liters of it for $3, more like $15-20. Just spend an extra small amount of money and get the best there is.

Seeing the shittiest ingredients possible used there, one has to wonder where the eggs came from.

not gonna lie I would eat this eat for real

Also when you cook the eggs long enough where they get brown and rubbery, they're fucking disgusting.

Look into gnocchi and just premade pasta sauces.

The pasta sauces are easy enough to get and heat up, and gnocchi is literally
>put in pan
>put boiling water in pan with it
>wait for gnocchi to float
>take out of water

And it takes a couple minutes.
It's a good stepping stone to then making your own sauces, etc.

>Add loads of butter

>They let you do that?
If you go in at 3am when there's just some minimum wage drone at the counter, you could take off your pants and dance the fandango in the aisles and they wouldn't give a rat's ass. They're just happy you're not going to shoot them in the face and steal the $35 in the register.

I get a liter of veg oil for 3$ and it lasts like 3 months, and I have kids to feed. Seems pretty cost effective to me

>premade pasta sauces
NEVER EVER

olive oil, sundried tomatoes, garlic, seasoning

"butter"

Cup of noodles/top ramen,