Good Paintings General

No lame modern shit. I'm trying to compile a nice collection of Europa feels paintings.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdemar_Atterdag_holding_Visby_to_ransom,_1361
youtu.be/sRlvDKcDvsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice, Thanks

Nice, what is that badge on their uniforms? I don't recognize.
Love this one.

This is amazing. Definitely one of my favorite now. Seems late middle ages or renaissance, but what is the location, do you know?

Interesting. I wonder if those are the artist's notes scribbled on there? This seems to be pretty rare. This seems eastern European to me. Do you know where the setting is?

thread needs more hq artwork

Nah sadly I don't I just found it in a similar thread a while ago and saved it cause I liked it so much.

Just found this anyway I'll have a read.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdemar_Atterdag_holding_Visby_to_ransom,_1361

This is great. Was able to look it up with your file name. Apparently just photos of this painting is all I could find. Guessing that's all that is on the internet.

Yeah, they're notes saying what it is. Henry Darger was a shut-in who wrote a massive book and made massive paintings. He painted on both sides of butcher paper because it was cheap. He lived most of his life in Chicago and he was super Catholic. He was kind of obsessed with girls and wanted to adopt one. Here's a documentary about him, real interesting.
youtu.be/sRlvDKcDvsI

Wow this one is beautiful. Is this mythology related or fantasy?

10/19. Holy Roman Emperor?

Not really looking for fantasy, but I guess Tolkien is apart of European identity at this point. Is this pre-film book artwork of the statues or inspired by the films?

Kek, I love the tapestry memes.

Do you know who this is?

The good old days of Russian Monarchy

Interesting. I'll bookmark.

someone explain this one to me

what is this called i want to buy it

Awesome you found it thank. And another great painting. Is this London?

>Do you know who this is?
What is reverse search?
It is pretty interesting. He was a true artist, creating out of the necessity of it.
A reverse search will give the artist, the name of the painting and analyses of it.

Arnold Böcklin, unless your on your phone rn you can just right click and google search images. It's most useful when you see a god tier portrait but it has been uploaded in shit tier quality, just google search it and find the hq version for later posting or viewing pleasure.

What's that, Dante's Inferno? Red guy looks like Dante

o shit waddup

dammit bong, you almost made me double post.

Does look like it but it's Dresden apaprently.

Dante beign led by Virgil on the 5th circle of hell 'Anger'

Yeah it's Dante

The suicide attack on Dieppe.

Can we post architecture ?
What about sculpture?

This is great. I see you just replied to other user about this. Before I look it up, my interpretation is these soldiers are dreaming of wars of the past.
Always love a good wilderness painting.
I like the latin text on this one, not sure what it says but I'll have to look it up.

I actually have this one but now I know the artist name. Guessing this is Mary and Joseph weeping over Jesus?

I like

Beautiful. Setting?

This one catches you by surprise when you actually look at all the modern historical aspects. There's a lot to analyze here. I like.

I already have this one. I love it. Now I know the title, thanks.

I don't have many sculptures or architecture works in my folder, a few modern ones but their kinda lewd...

«Dead Men Attack» Osovets, 1915

:^)

>they're

old paintings are shit.

look this one up on wikipedia, an amazing masterpiece