Rewatched 'The Mummy' (1999/Brendan Fraser) last night. Not only do I think its such a perfect adventure film...

Rewatched 'The Mummy' (1999/Brendan Fraser) last night. Not only do I think its such a perfect adventure film, but the character of Imhotep is such a compelling yet frightening villain.

I don't know any other villain maybe besides Dracula that goes around basically sucking the life out of people. Which is why I love how the movie was directed cause you never get to see Imhotep actually do so but you hear it. Just hearing the noises of what he does to people is scary enough. Plus the idea of walking around a dark, underground, Egyptian Temple with him in the shadows is fucking scary. Arnold Vosloo was perfect for the role. I love the idea how he's brought back to life and through out the film he has to suck peoples fluids and organs to fully regenerates himself. So many films show people rising from the dead and they're exactly the same as they were before, I felt Imhotep actually had to work at fully coming back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L02TlB0snRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HEY O'DONNELL

HA! His neck, did not break!

The undead dude from Hellraiser is pretty much exactly the same thing, but more gruesome

She won all the divorces !

Perfection

hey reddit!

great film

Imagine being Brendan in 1999 at the top of his world

Now we will watch him strangle to death!

>The Mummy wasn't played by Billy Zane

I enjoyed it more than Indiana Jones as a kid. It's very underrated.

Adventurekino like pirates of the Caribbean 1.

>and then there's the sequel

Hey reddit!

Oh boy I guess I'm rewatching this now

isnt that a drider?

Hey, where can I find people's usernames on this forum and how can I upboat posts that fit in with my worldview?

they should make one from Imhotep's perspective

You can't. You have to do it over on reddit. But you already knew that. Stop being stupid.

that bit there where imhotep enters stage left then poses always cracks me up

.........NOOOOOOOO

How would you know this is the top post on >>/r/movies unless you went there?

HEY GUYS! HES A BIG FAT PHONY!

I've been watching the Hellraiser movies and that suck the life to regain strength concept is in all of them and I hate it. I don't know why, but conceptually I hate it. It took too much focus from the Hellraiser movies. There should have been more links to the alternate dimensions through using the box, but instead it was just "I NEED MORE PEOPLE TO SUCK TO BECOME WHOLE"

Nice family guy reference broseph ;)

Thought you'd like it considering you know that bacon narwhals at midnight, right?

I'm not the reddit guy. Just a family guy fanboy.

remember when Sup Forums had daily streams of this and o'connell posting was at the height of populaity?

it was a time before bane

Eh, no. No it wasn't. That was well after Bane started.

Glauposting was the thing before Bane.

Imothep did literally nothing wrong.

Everyone he killed either die by accident or he was compelled to kill them via magic.

are you sure it was after baneposting?

Absolutely 110% certain.

i wish i could see it again but it's only been about a year

i do however listen to the soundtrack every now and then:

youtube.com/watch?v=L02TlB0snRE

i want 2008 back

Don't we all :(

She's a big girl.

For you

Not really. I'm 6'4. She is bigger for those girls though.

they should re-release this movie with a redone scorpion king using motion capture animation.

I wanna go back to 2008 too user.
2009-2010 was great and fantastic too you know.

Who is dis please?

Which is odd because to me these movies seem like knock off Indiana Jones movies. Not to say they're bad, but just not as good.

>filename
had a hearty kek.

other than the abysmal cgi on The Rock, that was a really good sequel.
Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is serviceable imo. not having Rachel Weisz really puts a damper on things.

How can I always tell it's from reddit? Is it because they so little with so many words?

You can tell because you browse it.