Computer just upgraded to windows 10 without permission

>computer just upgraded to windows 10 without permission

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/10/30/windows-10-upgrades-now-automatic/#2732aa271169

Is this it Sup Forums? I'm scared.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/Zny36
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
youtube.com/watch?v=nHA2s04Vtdc
archive.is/QnTTA
archive.is/eZKc9
d2.maxfile.ro/rwspylwbwo.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=xDeHqiydk4A
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/MB0Yy
archive.is/Tqv7s
archive.is/s3BjC
archive.is/Yy9JB
archive.is/3yo92
archive.is/Dln44
archive.is/2Vw55
archive.is/0ltgw
archive.is/9HETF
archive.is/mO3aH
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Not disabling automatic updates

ar•gu•ment (ärˈgyə-mənt)►
n. A discussion in which disagreement is expressed; a debate.
n. A quarrel; a dispute.
n. Archaic A reason or matter for dispute or contention: "sheath'd their swords for lack of argument” ( Shakespeare).

I did it just said it was updating and I had 12 minutes until then there was no option to stop it

yeah for now. until shekelbergshlomostein decides that's too much freedom.

>Windowscucks literally have their operating system install spyware on their computer without their consent

pull the cord faggot and join linux

you idiot every one who isnt a tard has automatic updates turned off

i havent been forced to upgrade.

>use really old laptop to view netflix and other film via hdmi to telly
>leave it on when i go to the gym and it installs windows 10
>doesnt work anymore, either freezes on welcome screen or just as it boots up

Worst part is that win 10 has hidden features that wreck havoc. One of them is they will use your computer/network to serve system files to other people upgrading, updating, or installing. You gotta shut that shit off. And there are other network and resource hogs that do shit like this.

>having windows autoupdate on

wew

>In September Microsoft admitted it is downloading Windows 10 on every Windows 7 and Windows 8 computer. Then in October it claimed an ‘accident’ saw these downloads begin installing without user permission. Well this accident now looks to have been a secret test run because Microsoft has confirmed mass upgrades to Windows 10 from all Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers are about to begin…

TIME FOR LINUX

Same thing happens to me everyday. I can't get ride of it. I can only delay the upgrade for a couple hours. I have to keep delaying it. I don't wan't it.

PLEASE GOD NO I LOVE WINDOWS 7 IT'S SO GOOD I CAN'T GO BACK TO 10 YOU CAN'T MAKE ME NO

Garbage link. Screenshot the article or fuck off, no one's stupid enough to go there.

Who /vista/ here

WINDOW 10 IS LITERALLY MALWARE

>there are people itt who use the operating jew
do you hate freedom?

>not blowing off windows 10 spamware

switch to linux mint my friend. you won't regret it.

>not installing Windows 10 and then simply running the "Destroy Windows 10 Spying" application to cuck Microsoft's ability to collect data about you

Should have installed Gentoo while you had the chance.

>thinking data collection is the only problem with it
>thinking data collection being turned off will remain optional
Please, user

Guess it's time to change

Idc, I want them to see what I do with it and be disgusted by it.

you don't "turn it off" you permanently disable it by deleting certain files and making certain registry edits

the application I'm talking about disables pretty much all of the other objectionable features about Windows 10.

Why don't you articulate what problem you actually have with Windows 10 that can't be changed or disabled. You can't.

>>Still have XP

>not installing a linux distro

The "Windows 10 is spyware" meme is overblown anyways. First of all, you can disable anything you don't like. Second of all, Win10 is a solid operating system. I switched over months ago and I'm happy with it.

>Operating system where you have to play cat and mouse so it doesnt spy on you. Even though it still does either way.

Why would anyone subject themselves to this? If you're using Windows 7 why care if you're forced into 10 because of muh spyware? You're still being spied on.

I should've listened but I looked away

I asked for this

Forgive me

No.

Install "GWX Control Panel". It finds all the win10 bullshit and deletes it.

Suddenly I'm ok with my bugged OS thinking it's not a valid copy.

What's wrong with Win 10? I don't see anything wrong.

INSTALL

I googled how to fix this today when it tried to auto update. I just uninstalled the windows 10 update and now I get to keep my cozy win7.

On another note, don't they realize that if people don't take advantage of their free product, it probably means they don't want it? What kind of retarded faggots are running Microsoft right now?

Almost happened to my dads computer, he shut it off immediately.

GENTOO

>try to install ubuntu
>find out there's an incompatibility for my motherboard and the x64 version
I'd be using a linux distro if every single fucking thing wasn't a constant and day halting problem every single time I try to use it.

>can't install
>spend a day doing research, looking up solutions, 1000 threads of people asking for more information that ultimately goes nowhere
>do a workaround
>next big problem
>repeat cycle to find another work around
>piles and piles of workarounds with no actual solutions
Linux is literally 'let someone else fix it later' the OS.

to which some Sup Forumsfag will respond to this with
>ubuntu
As if it's unique to ubuntu and not endemic of the entire linux/unix set of OS's.

>my vidyagames arent on linux
>dx12 is not on linux
>amd has bad drivers on linux

stop with the meme

there are practically retard-proof instructions on the web on how to avoid this fate come on now son

This happened to me last night.

I was watching a movie and all of a sudden it turned off and started installing win10.

Was able to turn it off in time to stop it, thankfully.

Install Gentoo.

Or better yet Kali. Fuck those tracking OSes.

Learn something.

If I could use like half the programs/games I want to I'd mainly be using linux. Atm it's just going to stay as the dualboot backup option though since wine works rarely with my game stuff. That said I do like the speed of linux and the look the desktop has If only wine worked 100% with all programs.

every description of gentoo I've read is it's practically a hobbyist's OS and no one doing actual work would ever use it since you can't get anything done in a timely matter.

But if you just love fiddling with settings and shit, gentoo is what you want.

This is why I plan on installing reactOS. It may be in Alpha, but at least it's making headway.

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:

archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:

archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:

archive.is/2XIvX · archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input, location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history, even after related settings are turned off:

archive.is/Zny36 · archive.is/sz1nt

archive.is/g3QdQ · archive.is/ko469

youtube.com/watch?v=nHA2s04Vtdc

A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10:

Keypoints: Windows 10 has a keylogger and uploads all your keystrokes every 5 minutes. Everything you type in Edge or Cortana is sent to Microsoft, along with any media files it finds. When webcam is enabled, 35MB of data goes to Microsoft.

Even with Cortana disabled/uninstalled, Windows 10 sends all microphone audio to Microsoft, when the computer is idle.

archive.is/QnTTA · archive.is/eZKc9

Windows 10 sends desktop screenshots straight to Microsoft:

d2.maxfile.ro/rwspylwbwo.webm

youtube.com/watch?v=xDeHqiydk4A

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:

archive.is/vhjwm

archive.is/2jehd

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:

archive.is/MB0Yy

>Over 82 billion photos viewed.

>Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.

>44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.

>Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.

>Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

Microsoft owns Pando Networks, famous for the malware/botnet Pando Media Booster.

Windows Update in Windows 10 utilizes P2P by default, most likely the same P2P technology used by Pando Media Booster.

Essentially it turns your PC into a zombie host server, wasting your bandwidth serving updates to other computers.

This also means Windows Update might be utilized later to spread malware through the P2P system via 0days.

archive.is/Tqv7s · archive.is/s3BjC · archive.is/Yy9JB

You cannot turn off "Telemetry" unless you own Windows 10 Enterprise Edition, this means your computer will continuously leak unspecified information to Microsoft and there's no way of turning this off.

archive.is/3yo92

You cannot turn off "Real-time Protection", aka Windows Defender. Even if you do it will turn itself on again after a while.

This means you cannot prevent your PC from sending random files and information to Microsoft for "analysis".

archive.is/Dln44

Cortana has zero local storage functionality and does not function unless you have a Microsoft Account connected.

It will even inform you about this if you try using it on a local account, and then shut itself down.

archive.is/2Vw55

Windows 10 start menu will have "Content suggestions" which are on by default, which means you'll be seeing ads.

archive.is/0ltgw

Windows 10 "Wifi Sense" will be begging for your Facebook account details so it can get to know you better.

It will also be sharing your Wifi password with all your Facebook/Skype/Outlook friends, their friends, as well as Microsoft.

archive.is/9HETF · archive.is/mO3aH

So Sup Forums bros, once you get it, then what? How do you at least limit the amount of spying it is doing on you?

>turning off a computer while it updates the OS
i'd rather play russian roulette desu

>How do you at least limit the amount of spying it is doing on you?
Completely remove all networking ability.

It can't spy on you if it's incapable of contacting the thousands of IP's it bounces signals to.

You dont. Everything you type is automatically logged anyway. Back a few months Forbes made an article about some microsoft employee told the journalist that you cannot remove the spyware. All the "disable" and telementry doesnt do anything at all practically, because down to the core of the kernel, its spying on you. Which y the way, the article was conveniently removed.

Just buy a seperate cheap laptop.

Or accept that you cant leave the grid.

Whats the easiest low effort tool I can run to block/limit telemetry?

t. lazy Windows10 tablet user

>being in current year and actually having updates on
ho lee fuck

>He doesn't realize Windows 10 is a fast, stable, and wonderful OS
>He still believes in the Microsoft spying meme

You can run DoNotSpy10 if it really bothers you. The spying they do has been the same for ages, it's not new with Windows 10 and you have absolutely no reason to care.

Windows 2000 was the last safe windows

It didn't get to that stage yet.

>thinking a forced OS install is out of the goodness of their hearts.
Please, user

Set your network connection to metered.
Fixed.

>tfw really like having fedora on my laptop but can't talk to anyone about how nice fedora is as an OS because the stupid fucking hat meme
i'm honestly considering just telling people i use Korora instead

Daily reminder that Windows is paying Biotech experts to store massive quantities of information onto DNA so that they can sue your ancestors for all the pirated software and movies you downloaded.

>Falling for the linux meme.

Bitch please, I shitpost telepathically. You only think you're reading this post.

No you didnt
Fucking retard

T. Shill gates

An argument is just a statement
>Red is the best color
Thats an argument

eat shit stefan cult fags

Just install Vista black edition or a striped down version of 7 and your good dual boot that shit with debian and your golden. Trust me you'll never go back.

this really sucks too because for the avg user it has 100x the amount of telemetry shit

Back to your containment board freetard.

You can come back to Windows 8 anyways It's better

>implying I update

Where in program files is this stupid win 10 update file?

I still use Windows 7, how do I prevent this update from occurring?

I switched to linux a couple of months after Windows 10 came out. No regrets.

>74303853
BURN.

Eh Windows 10 for me what a nightmare of sound glitches and a fried hard drive, I don't believe it.

Also the whole thing is a bot, sending your active browsing and keystroke information in real time. HUR DUR run spyware to look for non-native files you dumb fucking geek.

Fuck you

Lol kali is not an option for everyday use.

>2015/10/30

Use free software cuck

That's why you pirate that shit. It never forced me once to do an update of anything.

People are cucks and will still bend over.
You will hear an outrage in social media, but after 2 weeks it will blow off and people will use Win10 like the little cunts they are.
Linux will stay niche, unless SteamOS will have a shitload of advertising.

If you have the update KB3035583 installed on your win7,8.1, win10 will automatically install. Delete update and hide it when it comes back up to install again. If win10 downloaded before you did this, delete that update too. Enjoy win7,8.1 forever

>pirated a copy of Windows 7 back in 2011
>works perfectly fine, even came with office
>never been asked to update to Windows 10

>fall asleep with computer turned on
>Windows 10 is installed when you wake up
There was nothing I could do !

>>

>he still has windows update enabled
>he hasn't deleted the installer from his pc manually and removed telemetry updates

>it's not because developers were bitching at them for maintaining 4+ platforms their programs all had to be compatible with

Why do you think they're pushing it on every platform? PC + Laptop + tablet + phone. Developers want 1 platform where their apps will be compatible over the entire spectrum of hardware.

What if I already have Windows 10? Will it get rid of the spyware shit.

>windows
Should have installed arch
>webm related

No, but there's another program for that. Will post it here when I get home in a few hours if thread isn't archived. Don't remember the name.

>Linux will stay niche, unless SteamOS will have a shitload of advertising.
It will stay niche cause it's worse than Windows for normies due to the sheer popularity of Windows.
Kind of how Microsoft can't gain marketshare on smartphones. It's hard to change an established market like that.

I've been using Loonix for a while now.
There's plenty of problems with it that I find annoying, some pretty fundamental (xorg and pulseaudio are shit and you know it).
But I'd rather deal with that than be Microsoft's bitch.

You need to install gentoo my man.

>Linux will stay niche, unless SteamOS will have a shitload of advertising.
Sad but true, what linux needs is a big company to sell lots of hardware with linux pre-installed. Before that can happen though a linux distro needs to be stable and easy enough for winfags to use. Ubuntu will probably get there in a few years.

YOU WILL NEVER TAKE WINDOWS 7 FROM ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOOGLE how to degrade back to windows 8.1

Google how to disable automatic instalation of windows 10

>OP is a fucking retard

You're doing the lords work user.

I like windows 10. Glad they let me upgrade for free from a pirated copy lel.

HAve never understood this-- if you don't understand computers enough that you are still running windows, what the fuck are you doing here?

Use your spare time to fucking learn how to use your computer, rather than shitposting. IT's like trying to drive a fucking car without learning how to operate the windshield wipers, and then you panic when it rains.

Why are you on here and not in /tech/ or on a site learning this shit if you don't know it yet? It's like a fucking woman mentality.

The second I turned on my brand new laptop in April 2014 I turned off automatic updates. My computer ran on Windows 8 just fine until about a month or two ago when a video recording application stopped working and I would get BSOD if I played certain games on one monitor and had windows open on my second.

As it turns out, NVIDIA basicslly stopped supporting Windows 8 so I tried to update to 8.1, but it couldn't because the overhaul was so massive that it broke my Windows updater. I thought I was fucked until my friend mentioned that I could upgrade to 10 for free. I did, and now everything works fine.

The first thing I did was disable windows updates.