Why does a gay rnb singer attract such a cringey fan base?

why does a gay rnb singer attract such a cringey fan base?

is it just odd future left overs? this doesnt make sense to me

Shut the fuck up

>implying all fanbases aren't cringey to an extent

becuase its memerap fans

Frank Ocean is a perfect example of how pleb this board is as there are never any r&b or soul threads here (except /groove/ which has only 3 posters) yet Frank is spammed.

Why? Its not because he is brilliant, its because he was in a popular rap group and rated highly by Fantano and Pitchfork. The fans don't actually explore r&b or soul at all (apart from the other 2 p4k faves Janaelle and Twigs), the just latch onto this one highly rated album.

Like with most genres here thinking about it.

I like him because his music is catchy, he's cute and seems like a sweetheart.

sums it up

PEOPLE ENJOYING MUSIC IS CRINGE
PEOPLE DISPLAYING THEIR LOVE OF A MUSICIAN IS CRINGE
SINCERITY IS CRINGE

Wow this generation is fucked

Calling Frank Ocean GOAT when you don't actually listen to any other r&b/soul is the cringe part

R&B/Soul are dated genres to most people, unless (in the case of R&B) its directly and horribly mixing itself with pop and hip-hop by artists like Chris Brown. It sucks, but people just don't care about those genres. No use in tearing down an artist who pushes some boundaries for the genre that gets at least some interest into it. I wish people on this site would bother to acknowledge artists like Marvin Gaye and D'Angelo, but fact of the matter is, Sup Forums is a secret lair for Sup Forums to talk shit about hip-hop and black musicians.

So it ain't gonna happen. Throw on Blonde and get to cryin', you're slacking.

Your post only shows how little people explore outside p4k/fantano because there is loads of great, interesting, innovative and amazing r&b/soul at the moment..

Are you going to bother to share examples of what people are missing out on these days?

>your post only shows how little people explore outside p4k/fantano
Sorry I mentioned household names like Marvin and D'Angelo? I was referring to the classic record praise on here that excludes artists like those, not modern musicians

How is that your problem? Let them be p4k/fandango drones. They're the ones missing out, not you.

How do you guys think he dyed his hair. Do you think that he grew it out, dyed it, then cut it; or do you think he just has a really good hair-stylus?

I agree but Blonde is the greatest a top 2 R&B album for me. And you know how Sup Forums is for genres that arent rock lmao, same thing with Burial and UK Garage/Dubstep. I used to get mad too but it really doesnt matter, basically

You know you can just pour dye onto your scalp, rub it in and rinse it out, right?

the greatest or a top 2 *

No because he would have to bleach it first and you can't just keep that stuff on your scalp.

I have actually seen some people praise D'Angelo around here, even Marvin Gaye but I think the Sup Forums userbase grows younger and younger and many don't really bother to do their research how what they are currently listening was affected by artists in the past.

I mean you can... It's not good for your scalp, but you definitely can.

Nah he didn't do that

You don't know that though. Then again, neither do I. This discussion is pointless. The question should be directed at Frank and not the music section of a Taiwanese shoe polish forum.

Why are there three threads about this chump on the first page alone?

>popular artist is popular
wow im really scratching my head over here

what are u even trying to say? fuck me some people have been on Sup Forums for way too long, cant even communicate like a normal human being
talk to me, why u on some cryptic shit

Just the levels of influence that he draws from while creating something that sounds so uniquely him. Counting the time signatures is an exercise in frustration. The little production easter eggs hidden throughout are always fun to take note of. The metaphors and unique descriptions of certain events in Frank's life are fascinating. Plus his vocal style has matured so much in the last four years

Listen to it more. Literally everyone I know who likes this album, didn't like it the first couple times, myself included. Its a weirdly acquired taste. I remember when it first came out. I was listening to the tracks as people were uploading them on youtube, and telling my friends it sounded whatever.

Months later I'm listening to Siegfried while high as fuck, cocoon mode in bed. Mind was blown. Now its one of my favorite albums. I can listen to it start to finish any time. Every track is amazing. Do yourself a favor and give it more of a chance. It IS worth it. Probably my favorite album of all time not even gonna lie.

One of the most beautiful things about the album is the lack of structure. Its not a pop record. And honestly, all the best songs are in the middle and second half. Siegfried and White Ferrari are two of the best. Listen to the production and the layered vocals on Siegfried and tell me its not amazing. Even the short little tracks like Good Guy and Close To You are so sentimental and beautiful. So heartfelt. Self Control and Solo are just straight beautiful. Nikes, Ivy, Pink + White, and the other more popular tracks are good also, but those others I mentioned are really the meat of the album.

>babby's first alternative album

Yeah it's great when you've listened to memerap your whole life. But it's really nothing special in the grand scheme of things.