What's the ultimate music redpill?

what's the ultimate music redpill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vv9G3I1FkuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is no good music

enjoying whatever you like and limiting what you listen to based on other people's opinions

Pop music is the greatest genre in existence.

Going deaf.

trap rap > everything else

John Lennon's fist wasn't soft

That's too nice of a comment for Sup Forums

"high/academic" art functions exactly like Sup Forums just with real stakes.

Early Andrew Jackson Jihad is fun and enjoyable

There's only a handful of things worth listening to in music:

Art Music
Jazz
Experimental electronic music
Traditional folk music (mostly for historical/ethnomusicological reasons)
Whatever visceral/highly upbeat energetic popular music you prefer (dance music, some kinda punk or metal, hip hop, etc.)

The rest is objectively inferior garbage. Don't, for example, waste your time on bands like The Beatles or Radiohead; they are praised for being art music sensibility into popular music, but not only is the music still not as sophisticated as Art Music, it also sacrifices popular music's ability to deliver energetic songs that is really the only thing art music can't do. This way, you spend the most time listening to both the most fun things and also the most intellectually stimulating things as well.

Classical

Every song ever fits somewhere in here.

Music does in fact become worse and worse in general, but not by as much as wrong generationers say

You would have to simplify a lot of genres for that to ever even come close to working.

What falls under all three?

Music and sound art (aka soundscapes) are two different things, however, they aren't mutually exclusive. The greatest composers and artists of the next generation will all realize this, and redefine how audio is perceived as art - expanding on the advances made within the last century.

youtube.com/watch?v=vv9G3I1FkuI

Good, that means hip-hop isn't music.

hip-hop would fall under pop, dummy.

art music

>implying reddit doesn't suck hip-hop's dick the most out of any website

Zeuhl

realising Sup Forums is shit

I'm pretty sure that's what he was implying friendo