/who/ - Doctor Who General

Ghost Light edition

Evolution not revolution.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/02/harvey-weinstein-teddy-bear-grizzly-brits
scifibulletin.com/2016/09/13/moffat-makes-clear-hes-not-blocking-torchwood-return/
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial_Intervention_Agency
twitter.com/typicalmadness_/status/775045953472585728
youtu.be/JISzztNMudk?t=137
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/775726746893164545
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/775775559775289344
youtube.com/watch?v=WHLYJIkwe2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where does the whole "Harvey Weinstein hates Capaldi" rumour come from?

last:

>Are you aware that Peter Capaldi partly based his Malcolm Tucker character in The Thick of It on you?
>I heard that for the first time recently. He doesn't know me but damn, it's funny. I guess it's based on his image of me, rather than actually me, but as long as I can serve the British television industry, I'm happy. I was hoping he'd say the Doctor was based on me.

theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/02/harvey-weinstein-teddy-bear-grizzly-brits

thanks

Barrowman BTFO

scifibulletin.com/2016/09/13/moffat-makes-clear-hes-not-blocking-torchwood-return/

see: the last thread for comments on this

I've never called it forced but I've always felt he never quite pulled off some of the more lighthearted stuff. He was great at the drama though.

Reminder

I wasn't aware they were planning a new series. Didn't they kill Jack off?

Yes, he died of AIDS in the last one.

Phuck the police.

He caught it from Alonso, in the cockpit of a Homogron plague ship.

Remember when announcement of Torchwood audios was going to blow up the internet with all the buzz and adulation?

- tumbleweed - dog barking in the far distance - wind noise -

don't mind me, just posting an innocent picture of a Dalek

>Doctor, I'm Celestis
>You don't get to bring companions

The wind noise is Barrowman talking out of his arse.

What is the memeing of this?

>the thread editions have finally reached some GOAT stories again
Feels nice.

Ghost Light is so entertaining.

It's EDA/Faction Paradox memeing.
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial_Intervention_Agency
>At some point in the lead-up to the War, the CIA became worried that they might be erased from history (or caught in the crossfire) between the Time Lords and the Enemy, and therefore created Mictlan, a world outside of time and the universe for themselves to hide within. However, they also needed to remove themselves from the universe of physicality, and therefore turned themselves into The Celestis. (PROSE: Alien Bodies, The Taking of Planet 5, Interference - Book One)

Reminder Barrowman would probably literally do anything if he can get money out of it.

wouldn't everybody?

I wouldn't unless the amount of money I'd get was insane.

Turns out it's three.

Nicely done, user.

Three what? Sevens?

We know what Celestis are.

>Doctor, I'm Celestis
>You don't get to bring companions

but if there is a joke here I don't get it

It's because Bill has her hands by her hips in the image in a way that reminded the user of CIA guy from The Dark Knight Rises. You now understand the memeing.

>not getting baneposting
How new?

I don't have autism m8.

>He doesn't know me

WTF? After the Oscar win, Capaldi met Weinstein many times in the 90s, and Capaldi and many others very publicly slammed Weinstein at the time.

Despite at least 2 eps of series 9 being top trending on the internet, and series 9 (in particular Capaldi's performances) universally acclaimed by critics, Capaldi & co are effectively 'blocked' from any major awards.

Harvey Weinstein is a tosser.

>We know what Celestis are
I didn't.

>Harvey Weinstein is a tosser.
This is a fact and not disputed. Any links to Capaldi pubicly slamming him in the 90s?
I hope he didn't use any lubrication.

Then what are you doing here?

Laughing at autists.

Then you should get their jokes.

AT them, not WITH them.

How can you laugh at them if you don't understand what they do?

I'm laughing at you, right now.

Because understanding and engagement is not required when all you actually want to do is stew in your own bile while wasting your life nursing mock revulsion at strangers on the internet. Now stop talking to the child.

The amount of people that had to die before I stopped looking the other way.

Mathieson got me trips, Mathieson CONFIRMED GOAT

hate to break it to you, but if you actually read all the faction paradox bollocks then you are autistic by definition

I knew I recognised that quote from somewhere. Bravo

Possibly my favorite McCoy, although it took multiple watchings for me to really get it.

>1990s

Will google it, it was a few decades ago, but remember reading about it at the time.

Ended up in a book, which Weinstein has effectively buried since. Capaldi's input was one of many tbqh.

I thought he was based on Alastair Campbell. Who the fark is Harvey Weinstein?

Did Barrowman say it was because of Moffat? I thought he just made some vague comments about "someone's ego" getting in the way.

>fella
1 didn't talk like that.

>Did Barrowman say it was because of Moffat?
Yes.

twitter.com/typicalmadness_/status/775045953472585728

>In an interview with Radio Times, Capaldi, 53, said: “The only people that I had witnessed personally behaving in the way that Malcolm does were American agents or producers.

?“You could see people at ICM in Los Angeles – malevolent forces in Armani suits – barking the foulest and most terrifying of obscenities down the phone at people.

>“The producers, too. Harvey Weinstein and the team at Miramax were long celebrated for Malcolm-like behaviour, so in fact they were the people I thought about. That was the model I took, rather than Alastair Campbell, as I didn’t know him. Alastair might be a bit disappointed to know this.”

I heard Moffat is pissed off at Barrowman?

Details??? Been away.

Top of the thread.

Wow. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding but it seems like John's been kind of cunty lately about wanting TW back.

Neato.

youtu.be/JISzztNMudk?t=137
More JB on Moffat - 2:17

Is that RTD's face peeking out of the crack?

>John Barrowman has just burned bridges with Moffat
>Gareth Roberts celebrates on Twitter

Well, that's Barrowman never returning as well.

He's probably right though that Chibnall will be more likely to bring back Jack than Moff.

He might not now that Barrowman has made these comments.
Would look bad on him.

Love this story, Platt was the best dark humor guy since Holmes.
>Primordial Soup

Yeah, it keeps getting better the more watches you do.

I think being hung up on something this petty could look worse.

Torchwood is not coming back because it is shit

Chibnall and Moffat are best buds. Barrowman just committed an act that:
a) disparaged the latter
b) was endorsed by the now erased Gareth Roberts

Barrowman's finished.

>a little cross
He's gone. Moffat has pressed the erase button on Barrowman.

Is it just me or does the synopsis of Maker of Demons sound like more generic shit from Big Finish?

>Decades ago, the mysterious time-travelling Doctor and his cheerful companion Mel became the toast of the planet Prosper, when they brokered a peace between the native Mogera and humans from the colony ship The Duke of Milan.

But when the TARDIS at last returns to Prosper, the Doctor, Mel and their associate Ace find only a warzone. The burrowing Mogera have become brutal monsters, dominated by their terrifying leader Caliban – and it's all the Doctor's fault!

Written By: Matthew J Elliott

RIP Barrowman

You guys think Barrowman's comments will affect his relationship with BF? After all Moff has always been on BF's side and I believe had a hand in them getting the rights for some new stuff. Who knows if he would like for them to work with the guy that shit talks about him

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/775726746893164545

I agree it doesn't sound particularly inspired, another Doctor arrives then does something thinking things will be ok only to return at a later date and find shit fucked up. Been done before both on the show and in BF

I doubt Moffat cares that much now he's leaving

No, this will be forgotten about by next week.

Barrowman is gonna get DROPPED from every Doctor Who related companies that are hiring him and go JUST in a few weeks.

He's done.

This is all going a bit far. Moffat is an adult.

Literally non-news. All Barrowman is doing is sounding like a spoilt kid not getting his own way. Nobody cares, and it'll blow over in a week. (Til Radio Times reproduce the "Barrowman comments on Torchwood" article for the 32348th time)

EDWARD RUSSELL BTFO

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/775775559775289344

Big Finish seems focused on producing generic stuff so I'd say yes. But at least it's by a new writer, so I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.

With the exception of John Levene, I'm surprised Big Finish have gotten along with every Who actor they've worked with. Not even a spat where a 60s Who actor says something really questionable about black people.

I imagine it's all very cosy and luvvies galore at Big Finish and their lunches. Everyone just agrees on everything, smiling at Nick Briggs as he writes his millionth piss poor to average episode.

What happened with John Levene?

oh ok, i thought it might have more ramifications.

only for the past year...

If Hartnell were alive he would be the best BF performer, his voice modulations and acting are on another theatrical/thespian level

As questionable as Briggs' writing is, I do applaud his ability to get all these guys together again to do audios. He seems like a pretty cool guy to hang out with, and living the dream of doing Dalek voices for a living.

His autism and OCD cleanliness triggered him.

He said Big Finish studio was 'filthy' and he wouldn't go back. He apologised later but the damage is done.

>I imagine it's all very cosy and luvvies galore at Big Finish and their lunches.
And I imagine Eccles would hate this middle class enclave.

>living the dream of doing Dalek voices for a living

Listen to the BF podcast episode for september #2, from the get go you can tell the guy loves making silly voices and sounds. He does it quite a lot and I only listened for like 15 minutes. He comes across as dorky but very nice nonetheless.

>Years having to hang out with smarmy GI Joe, Marvel, and Dark Is Rising people
>Somehow irked by some low-income writers and producers having fun and eating curry
Eccleston's working-class, dude. Not posh.

I would think Eccleston has the sense to actually interact with someone (beyond listening to their Doctor Who audio) before deciding they are nauseous bourgeois scum. But what do I know?

I unironically agree

youtube.com/watch?v=WHLYJIkwe2E

Why do we keep talking about Eccleston like he's some Sandifer-level Marxist? He just says he's working class and shit, not some elitist snob who despises any production that doesn't adhere to Von Trier levels of art.

I don't think you understand the situation or working class people like Eccles at all.

Basically one or two people have turned their understandable disappointment with Briggs-era Big Finish into this weird personal vendetta (apparently resenting the fact the staff like each other and have a good time), and then projected that onto Eccleston because he's working class.

Nobody he is saying he is 'elitist'. Just the opposite.

Eccleston originally wanted a Mao-suit for his costume, but Oxford educated Russell didn't allow it and wanted him to wear something akin to an Eton College uniform.

Yes, I do. I don't think you understand that working on a Marvel movie or a film meant to sell action figures is substantially more bourgeois than doing obscure audio dramas that close-knit people do not for money but because they just like doing it.

Yeah because hard Northerners never dislike posh effete Londoners, that's unheard of.

Everyone outside of London hates Londoners desu

For the record, Jess thought The Unicorn and the Wasp was a load of shit.

Yes, they do. Northerners even more so.

Downgrading to general statements about "hard Northerners" and "posh effete Londoners" now? I can literally see your point crumbling beneath your own words. Just accept that this "Eccleston would hate Big Finish" meme is steeped in bullshit.