God I'm feeling nostalgic right now Sup Forums

God I'm feeling nostalgic right now Sup Forums

Anyone else?

Favorite Retro video games. Pretty much anything before Xbox or PS2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QGhTzeA6Ek0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGyFuE-XW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Demolition Racer and Streak on the PS1 were pretty rad.

little samson

this was a thing

Ninja Gaiden II
Better than the first, not as hard as the third.

I actually had this game...I liked Pinball as a child...

pac man world II. it was xbox/ps2, but it's a classic imo

I dug around in my attic recently and pulled out some guitar hero games. I remember I got rid of the guitar so I just ordered a new one off of amazon.

I had it too... it was fun.

Miss this from back in the day, still play it but not nearly as excited as when I first played it.

any metroid game

red alert standing by

rhcp standing by

I left behind my Sega Genesis and PS1 when I moved abroad, and even though I didn't play them much I've wished I could pop in Spyro, TMNT, Jurassic Park, Sonic, Test Drive 5, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo, Vectorman, the list goes on...

dreamcast lovee

Me and my dad would spend hours playing this game together. It was the first 3D game I ever played.

Kage is GOAT.

Turok 64 and turok 2 will always have a special place in my heart

My cousins were big into Tekken. At family parties they would have tournaments.

fuck your cousins

Sega was pretty rad.
Shinobi 3 and Sonic Spinball were my jam until we finally got Sonic 2

Started playing this again, heading into the Dead Sea now

Gran Turismo 2
Armored Core
Final Fantasy VII
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill
Dino Crisis
Bushido Blade

PS1 was the best era.

2 discs of pure goodness

I never played Tekken until I was in my early 20s. I grew up in a Sega household and I was extremely stubborn about my fandom. I considered owning a Playstation treason when I was a kid. I missed out on some good games, but I won't ever forget Clockwork Knight, Bug!, Sonic Adventure, or Crazy Taxi. I still remember Crazy Taxi's soundtrack by heart.

Fuck, the nostalgia is hitting hard.

Good times

Me and my bro taking turns beating each other's lap times by tiny amount in our top cars.
Skyline vs GT3000
We never found out which was ultimately best.

I mean sure, okay.
Holy shit Sonic Spinball. Don't think.I ever beat that. At my babysitter's we had Mortal Kokbat, Sonic Spinball, Sonic 2, and the X-men game, that was my fav

Dr J vs Larry bird 1 on 1, Arcon,tecmo bowl,94 NHL, RBI

Fuck. This thread has never made me want to download an emulator so badly.

Fuck it. I'm gonna do it. Probably going with Playstation as it was my baby when I was a kid. Fucker got stolen when my house was robbed when I was a teenager. I see lots of good games but any recommendations on what to snag first?

Anyone else?

One of the best RPGs ever made, lurked every corner, every ending, every tech, lvl 99 every char. And did it again on the ds

Wing commander series! It's why I play elite and no mans sky

Super Castlevania IV

OH FUCK DINO CRISIS SHIT YEAH
I remember liking this game a lot but I only rented it like twice

thought that was that pedo exec from Nickldeen

Spam those holy waters.

To this day I play this games religiously :

Spyro 1 2 3
Medievil 1 2
Net yaroze games
Digimon digital world 1 3 card battle
gran turismo 1 2
metal gear solid vr missions
tekken 3 vs with friends
souledge
theme hospital
Intelligence cube
Oddworld abe's oddysee
oddworld abe's exoduss (speedruning)
worms (the original)
omega boost
legend of dragoon (playing this high takes me places)
Crash bandicoot 1 2 3

also NET YAROZE GAMES make me feel like diamonds man, it was indie development before it was cool.

Great game. Although a bit disappointed after finding all those red jewels.

3d platformer with Resident Evil tank controls. no thanks. I rented this back in the day, and it pissed me off.

N64
>GoldenEye
>Beetle Adventure Racing
... Ok that's pretty much it but those rocked.

RE2 was great, cant wait for the remake
all the others are good to except bushido blade
go play soul caliber like a man

I've always wanted to see if Crash Bandicoot aged well. I put a lot of hours in CTR and I've seen reviews that call that an overloked classic.
I replayed Spyro a few years back and shit was cash.

Holy shit, mad respect for speedrunning exoddus.

That's my favorite PSX game of all time (hoping it gets a reboot like New n Tasty did to Oddysee)
I go back and play it every year or so, and can still 100% it in around 5-6 hours.

Gave me incentive to play this though

I liked Soul Caliber a lot but ditching the health bar was what made Bushido Blade great.

MEMBER ME

HUH HEH HUH VULCANO

I actually ran through that game not too long ago on my own emulator. Honestly, it still does hold up. I found it a little easy, so I couldn't help but laugh when everyone is losing their shit over the remake.

Wasn't able to 100% it, but I killed Cortex, so that was good enough for me. still a good game.

>ocarina of time
>mario 64
>smash bros
>starfox
I never even had a 64 and I remember liking these games faggot

>Digimon worlds 1 3 cardbattle

Sigh... I feel like I'm the only person on this planet that actually enjoys Digimon World 2.

OH FUCK YES WE USED TO PLAY THAT FOR HOURS

Best game ever made

I played the fuck out of digimon world 1

always ended up getting the literal piece of shit

It will get a reboot. Looking forward to it.

So underrated and overshadowed by giants like FF7 and Legend of Dragoon - but this day still my favourite RPG of all time.

The music was intense, the summons were all sick - especially the Theeder who shot lightning from dick - the story was pretty good imo. The combat was also so cool - close to traditional, but with the combo systems for attacks it was fresh - never have I seen any other game do fight mechanics like this.

And who can forget the shitty .midi tier files of people yelling out their special attacks "TORNADO FLAAAAME"

Fuck. How did I forget Zelda? I'm gay.

theres a remake arcade version on xbox live

Love playing this

yeah digimon 2 was too criptic for me imo. Also very slow tbc

Def underrated, game was kinda hard too. Recently watched a "Let's Play" of it, nostalgia hit hard

spent weeks of my life upgrading the chassis of every vehicle.also this

This what led to RE4.

super mario 64 or mario kart 64

used to play that with my family when we werent broke and my parents werent divorced and i didnt have an asshole stepdad. i miss it.

Mega man 3 for NES, Super Metroid for SNES, and Ocarina of Time for N64

Tis

Digimon world 1 will forever be the definitive tamagochi game. Back then it was the greatest feeling of having my favorite anime also a tamagochi game. Those digivices were also god's gift from heaven.

super mario rpg

Rengeki, motherfuckers!

Anyone remember No Man's Sky?

yea if we don't counting FF series this two are gems

yep classic

Almost with you there. Ocarina of Time, Megaman 2, and Metroid on the NES.

If I knew then what I know now...

Man that was the best....lots of hours played, still remember the warming up sound of Tesla coils.

#2 was so much fun! I loved optimizing my digibeetle and being able to catch new digimon just like in the pokemon games.

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid

This is exactly why I loved it. But I could also fuse them together to make them stronger and have all my favorite attacks too.

My favorite thing to do was to join the virus team, grab Dokunemon early on, and then breed Invisibility into all of my digis so that all those fucks were basically untouchable.

Just don't use Crimson Claw because then your opponent will be invisible...

The first Twisted Metal game for the PS was my favorite. Sweet Tooth!

Dan "The Man"?

I always went Vaccine because I was a little kid with a hard-on for Agumon. I also didn't understand the fusing thing for a long time. Like I knew it was required to keep leveling up, but I didn't know you could acquire special evolutions/powers until I tried looking for cheats on the internet.

I didn't have the manual, so that may have helped.

Also here's my favorite net yaroze game, it's so fucking adictive, everything just looks and feels amazing ( maybe nostalgia fever idk)

youtu.be/QGhTzeA6Ek0

How old are you op?

Never played this one. The first two were my shit tho, especially the second one. The settings they came up with were so cool.

turbo

This has one of my all time favorite soundtracks
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGyFuE-XW0

Hell the fuck yes.

I played this with my friends as a kid

Axel was my nigger