How come every "90's" band put out their most relevant material in the 80's?

How come every "90's" band put out their most relevant material in the 80's?

Dinosaur Jr's album Without a Sound was their only to go gold but YLAOM and Bug came out in 87 and 88, widely remembered as a 90's band but they broke up in 89.

Sonic Youth are considered by most surface level music listeners to be a 90s act but Daydream nation came out in 88. Most of their better material was even earlier, EVOL in 86 and Sister in 87.

The Melvins released their best album and most influential album in 89.

Even Mudhoney and Nirvana, considered the quintessential 90s acts reached their creative peaks in 88 and 89 respectively.

It seems like that the "90s music" many claim to have enjoyed was actually just music made famous by earlier taste makers appropriated to a decade with little to no valuable rock music output.

I know Sup Forums will disagree just to be contrarian, but I've seen similar opinions posted around this board.

the 90s was such a bad idealess decade for rock music that any new-sounding rock music was automatically described as 'post-rock'

I'm guessing Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Sound Garden don't count, right? Fuck this board is getting more fucking retarded by the day.

/thread

>The Melvins released their best album and most influential album in 89.
Bullhead is way better than Ozma, by a fucking log shot.

>Nirvana
Literally addressed in the OP

>Alice in Chains and Soundgarden
The bands I'm talking about had to have been influential and fondly remembered to begin with. No one is "proud" of listening to either of those bands.

aic is goat you dumb nigger

>Nirvana

Did you not read the post?

Built to spill
Pavement
My bloody valentine
Sebadoh
Guided by voices
Unwound
Smashing pumpkins
Slowdive

Nirvan's breakthrough was in '91 with Nevermind so your argument doesn't really hold up with them.

Sonic Youths "Goo" came out in 1990 and has their most popular song.

Dinosaur jr's most popular song was on where you been which came out in the 90s.

I think the point you're trying to make doesn't really hold up.

I know this is bait but tons of people are still proud to listen to AiC and SG

>Loveless
>Nevermind
>RATM
>Siamese Dream
>Parklife
>Downward Spiral

Are you actually dense OP?

Fuck off tripfag your opinions will literally never be relevant.

aic is goat you dumb nigger

Nirvana peaked when Kurt blew his brains out. AiC and Soundgarden were also good bands, so shove it.

>a decade with little to no valuable rock music output.

because the 80's are the most patrician decade

Nirvana reached their creative peak with In Utero.

With the exception of Smashing Pumpkins, no one reminiscing about the 90s is going to remember these bands.

>Sup Forums defending second and third wave grunge and nu-metal.

What fucking planet did I wake up on?

Got a problem with me preferring an album that's actually heavy over an album that's just a slowed-down version of the previous one? Better yet, got an actual response?

Ozma ain't bad, but it is what it is.