Whats the worst injury youve suffered?

Whats the worst injury youve suffered?

Pic related, my spine after a car accident last year

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3497852/New-hope-men-wanting-enlarge-manhood-Silicone-penis-implant-adds-two-inches-girth-length-lasts-life.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dont crash your car autist

reading this thread

your mom spanking me last night for being naughty with your sister

existing

Broken back and leg. Surprising the broken leg was way worse.

my ass after being pounded in the ass by OP

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF SPINE IS THAT

I CALL FAKE

Is that a full L1 detatchment?

Yeesh, my L2 down to S1 discs are all moderate to severely damaged, but your actual vertabrea crushing the spine sounds even more fun.

broke my arm first time down the bunny hill in grade 9 while attempting to snowboard

I haven't had a whole lot of severe shit but I'll list a few
>busted my head open as a kid
>been in multiple car accidents, one head on left me with a damaged neck full of scar tissue.
>broke my hand 3 separate times in less than two months. All in fights.
>first fight a kid stabbed me with a pencil when I was in high school so I punched him in the head until my hand broke
>second fight was because a kid had been sneaking into my house and taking advantage of my sister so I went to his house and threw him through a Cadillac mirror and then beat his head in
>3rd time I fought three large rednecks that tried to jump me. They got rekt but my hand did too.
Pic related my hand when I broke it the second time

L1 burst fracture, they said another few MM and I would have been paralysed

Pic of the rods used to stabilise with time stamp from most recent xray.

Had a sudden loss of consciousness, docs arent sure why. not like I did it deliberately faggot

Torn acl and meniscus

Worst part one of the overhead lights fell into the surgical field while they were operating so im on strong antibiotics even though they werent able to grow anything, they think there may have been an iinfection

forgot to attach pic

Double fracture of my left wrist.
I can't fucking run and fell on a brick wall.
March 2016.

fell bout 10-15 ft and broke my leftside ribs along with 2nd degree lacerations of my spleen,kidney and liver. was in ICU for 3 days

Do your best to stay on top of things. If you can keep your core and oblique muscles strong and do whatever else the docs recommend, you can avoid a life of horrible nerve pain. Hopefully your spine/nerves have good genetics and make you fully recovered.

My sciatic nerve is damaged and there is only a couple of nerve medications, neither of which are effective for me. The only options I have are deal with pain and/or painkillers. Its also very temperamental with some days worse than others for reasons that cant be determined. On the other hand any activity will make it much worse.

Worst would be a broken leg when I was young like 3 or 4. I had brain surgery for epilepsy 2 years ago though, that was pretty intense.

Looks like the neurosurgeons did a good job. The discs look spaced well and nicely alligned. My amatuer eyes find it hard to believe that is the same spine with the detatchment.

Looks like it was a pseudo double fusion? Most fusions are neighboring vertebrae anchored together but your L1 was probably way to structurally damaged to anchor to.

Shit, hope it all gets better.

M8 shave your head and get a period tattooed at the end of your scar

Dropped a brand new spyderco and like a fucking regard tried to catch it. I did. But i caught the blade. Sliced through my left index singer's tendon, artery, and the inner nerve. I can't close it all the way and I have limited sensation in the inner side of the finger. I got a pretty neat scar out of it though.

Pic related, sorry about the sosage finger, most of it is hard scar tissue. That and I like pizza. A lot

Damn, L1 burst fracture with retropulsed fragments. Sucks. Are you walking?

They had me up and walking just 3 hours after surgery and moved up the schedule to remove the metal work so theyre pleased with how its healing. physio has royally sucked and I gained nearly 20kg while in hospital just from not being able to move as much. Theres a lot of general ache but most days nerve damage is fairly mild some days though it really flares up and even taking a shower feels like my skins on fire

>Whats the worst injury youve suffered?
A Broken Heart

>erect
>jej

yeah, they had me walking just a few hours after waking from surgery. I got REALLY lucky

neurosurgfag?

the question mark is backwards bud. Plus it doesnt really look complete anymore. This is only 3 months after surgery.

You had spondylolithesis

Nigga gay as fuck

Oh my god OP...

I got into a pretty bad car accident that has left me almost two months bed ridden. Some kid was texting while driving and got me sandwiched between two cars.

I just now started being able to physical therapy and I have about 20% strength back. Not to be a dick, but I'm glad I'm not that bad.

Still infuriates me though.

From my experience weight doesn't matter much for any of the neuropathic pain (unless your sciatic nerve runs through your glut/thigh muscles). I've been in amazing shape to rather obese and back and the pain was pretty consistent.

However, the back pain (muscle/structural) is definitely worse being heavier and with poor core muscles. The physical therapy work is totally worth it for that pain.

good to know, it seems more weather affected (its end of winter here) and the cold seems to increase the pain but for the most part is all settled down. Still some days water running down my back or even my clothes hurts like hell. Some nights I struggle to roll over in bed, but it could have been a lot worse

My shoulder got smashed to fuck about four times - theres a fracture related to "posting", which is sticking your arm out as you fall. Two in the wrist. Lower lumbar fucked up, causing sciatica. Probably got some shit wrong internally, dunno.

But my worst shit is mental. Theres been some relationship issues, ex wife was a massive cunt but we're not so harsh lately, my kids are doing relatively okay, but things could be better. I had a loved one die and it bummed me out. Had a bad dream about him last night, even though he's been dead for almost two years. He was mad because I sold his house (because he died) and now I owed him for all his cherished possessions. It was fuckin weird. I don't like to hear the phone ring, and avoid looking at email because bad shit happens there. Lawyers guns and money.

Hit a wall at 50 to avoid t-boning some dumb ass teen mom. MRIs from 4 years after the fact say I've got 2 bulging discs and 1 herniated disc. Got kicked out of the doc after I found out they had over charged me a total of like +$600 donates in like a 4 month period. Go back for an appt a few days later and all of a sudden "oh you failed your drug test for meth and fentanyl so we're kicking you out." Never touched meth in my life so I know they were full of shit. Haven't been able to find a new doc since because "I'm too young to be taking pain medication," nevermind I've been on it for 3 years.

That was like last year. Now I just do heroin

NMy sciatic nerve is damaged on the right side. Unless I am out of the house I never wear shoes, socks, or long pants because anything touching the skin does exactly what you are describing.

Makes working and hangout out suck, be wary of becoming a recluse. I was already pretty introverted before my pain started and now I really hate going anywhere.

Im sure the docs mentioned it, but epidural injections can give temporary to permanent relief for qualified patients. That is probably far down the road if there is lingering nerve pain well after the surgery.

Also, you can tell people to fuck off when they tell you their one trick they did to fix their back pain. Everyone is different and everyone's pain is different. There is no one solution fixes all. Its a lot about having competent doctors and taking more care of yourself.

jesus tapdancing christ I live in a place with free health care even my medications have been free because of government programs I qualified for (otherwise my pain killers alone would be $50 AUD a fortnight. And thats not counting the month long hospital stay, 2 spinal surgeries (they had to put drains in after the first surgery as the wound kept oozing) plus the upcoming removal in a few months.... id be bankrupt

fork in my foot
most embarrassing time ever

>Growth plates not fused

A bit young for Sup Forums aren't we?

Shush. I've explored Bestgore and other shit before. Sup Forums is nothing.

>"I'm too young to be taking pain medication," nevermind I've been on it for 3 years.

I was 27 when my first disc herniated and MRIs showed advanced degenerations. I never worked construction, or played contact sports, or had an accident yet my neurosurg said my spine looked like an 80 year old's. Most likely unfortunate genetic condition.

Doctors have no problem dumping painkillers into the senior citizens with this problem but they think I'm fiending for my next fix, despite my lengthy medical files.

Honestly opiates are just okay with handling nerve pain, but everything else is from almost worthless to worse than taking nothing. I'd like to just have a few oxys around for when the pain gets really bad.

But thanks to the retards that use it purely to get high, the addicts, and the idiots that OD I have to deal with this massive hassle to get something it actually has a real use for.

2 major ankle sprains 2 weeks within each other. a 3rd a month after the 2nd sprain, and then a 4th 2 weeks after that. Finally got bad enough they gave me crutches and gave me a more strict profile. Army is fucking garbage. So now my knee has major flare ups from the 6 miles of running and jumping from unnatural heights for years, my ankle is in constant pain and my hip is getting majorly fucked up from the combination over the years as well. Oh but Ibuprofen will "fix me right up."

The underage b& rule is for liability and for our sake so we don't have to deal with annoying 14 year olds. We don't give a shit if your fragile mind gets corrupted.

And also my dick is tiny and I have hormone related man titties since high school, so I'm saving up for:
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3497852/New-hope-men-wanting-enlarge-manhood-Silicone-penis-implant-adds-two-inches-girth-length-lasts-life.html
and man titty surgery so I can become a better man.

FPBP

You are too weak to stay concious while deiving a car? Do you have fucking aids?

I'm so tough that I got this papercut, and I only cried for 5 minutes.

I had a hernia in my balls.
Plus I have brain damage from concussions suffered in my youth, so that takes the cake I guess.

it's very foolish of you to throw your innocence away for no good reason

Oh well.

Well all of the treatment after the accident was covered under my car insurance, so I never paid anything for my surgeries or MRIs, and my doc appts were like $20 a visit, which eventually turned into $10, meds were like $15.

What fucked me is the doc I had "retired" (really he moved his practice to Miami) and I got sent to a new doc, who didn't take my insurance. So my visits went from $10 to $250, plus I had to get new MRIs done ($1900). $98 for the visit, $142 for the drug test. I paid cash, so of course every month I had to take a drug test.
It was when I went in to try and move to a different doc, in the process of shuffling papers they asked me why and I told em cuz this shit is too expensive and you don't take my insurance. "Well who's your insurance?" So I handed my card and they tell me "oh we take this. You should've never paid more than $98 for the appt, you shouldn't ever have paid for a drug test." 4 days later I'm being told I'm bring dropped.
Fucking Florida man, used to be a Haven for pills, but everyone freaked out and now it's impossible even for someone in legitimate pain

Went full speed to get a puck in hockey. can clock up to 20 miles on those things. Tripped up just before the boards, last thing I remember. Coach said i went Head first into boards full speed. Grade 3 Concussion. Woke up in the hospital 11 hours later. I was lucky my neck bent the right way. or i;d be paralyzed for life.

My car accident was when I was 21, was on opiates from 21 to just before 25 when they booted me. My first doc was super cool and understanding, everyone else I've tried just looked at me like done junkie that rolled in of the streets, nevermind I have the MRIs and scrip history to back me up. Fucking shit

I ripped off a toenail once.
Also i've compacted my colon.

> be 10 and at someones birthday party
> father was setting up a slip n' slide
> used rusty nails to nail it into the ground
> went down the slip n' slide and after i had gotten up a girl started screaming because my leg had be sliced open from the ankle to mid knee by one of the nails
> was gushing blood everywhere

should have gone to the hospital for stitches since the cut was so deep and to the bone but my father felt too guilty and didn't want to take responsibility for it. The scar still remains on my leg 9 years later.

A girl broke my heart

Traumatic L1 compression fracture?

Do you have any permanent deficit?

Your father is drunk and retarded.

>My first doc was super cool and understanding, everyone else I've tried just looked at me like done junkie

Same here. I think the reasoning is the first doctor was with us through the start of the problem so they completely understand the situation.

Later doctors don't know any of the history. Even if they take the time to go through all your medical files, which they certainly do not, they wouldn't have the personal part of the picture of caring for an injured person that needed help. They are more detached. Its hard to explain 5 years of medical issues to a stranger in 5 minutes and have him/her fully understand what is needed.

The additional problem of assholes fiending and ODing from opiates make doctors even more weary to prescribe them to anyone, even if they have extensive history or need. Can't totally blame the doctors. The system itself needs vast improvements so the doctor and the patient are put first, not politics or corporations.

I know it isn't possible, but if I could get my primary care doctor, my psychiatrist, my physical therapist, and my neurosurgeon all together and we talk for 2 hours, I think we'd do more than 2 years worth of seeing them all separately for a few minutes here and there. If I was rich I would totally pay for them to do that.

OP is probably sleeping high on dope. Make sure to roll him on his side so he doesn't asphyxiate on his vomit.

I'm having survivors guilt.

www.nevro.com

This is interesting, I will discuss it with my doctors. Thank you.

Im in a lot of pain but its managed by medications. Ive lost some flexibility due to the rods fusing 3 bones together but they come out soon and occasionally nerve pain flares up and the slightest touch feels like my skin is on fire below the break. But nothing major

I wish, my pain killers are strong but not nearly opiate coma anymore

>Ive lost some flexibility due to the rods fusing 3 bones together
>occasionally nerve pain flares up
>the slightest touch feels like my skin is on fire
>But nothing major

I wish I had your good attitude.

The acetaminophen in everything that ends in "cet" is gonna burn your liver to the ground. Just so you know.

Im not taking acetaminophen. My pills are a mix of oxycodone and naloxone hydrochlorides. Probably not much better but im hoping that the pain drops once my metalwork comes out and i can come off them

The nerve thing is at most a couple hours a week. And the rods are being removed within the next few months. Considering how severe the damage was im lucky things werent a lot worse

Guess I haven't been through too many injuries. At least nothing worse than getting a sprained ankle cuz I was a fucking idiot.
The most interesting injury though was the time I went innertubing, maybe at about age 12 I think, and I got rammed by some bitch who couldn't wait her turn after me. Got to the bottom when she got me from behind. According to my brother I did a flip. All I remember was waking up on the ground a few minutes later.

Broke something in my foot once. I got OP beat by a mile on having a fucked up spine tho.

My Spine for fun.

Well that looks fun

I'm sorry you experience that. Nevro just received Pain Paper of the Year from the journal Neurosurgery.

"The SENZA-RCT is a groundbreaking pivotal study that was both the largest prospective randomized clinical trial ever conducted to assess the treatment of chronic back and leg pain, and the first to evaluate comparative effectiveness of spinal cord stimulation (SCS) therapies."

"Dr. Todd Sitzman first presented the 24-month results of the SENZA-RCT during the 2015 North American Neuromodulation Society (NANS) meeting. The results showed the sustained superiority of HF10™ therapy versus traditional low-frequency SCS therapy across all primary and secondary endpoints—including pain relief in the back and legs, and functional outcomes at every evaluation point to 24 months."

I got my spine fucked up by my brother having strangled me over a dispute he and my mother made up. 3 vertebrates at first and then the rest started to track up and pull along the time I carried myself and the other broken bones.

I don't have an xray for them though because they gave me fake ones when I went to get checked and I can't really trust the people that "worked" to get me scans of them.

I'll see what I can do for some of you in this thread. Thanks for being so honest with your time. Don't be afraid of it. Just kind of take it easy looking up or something. yes you can be active. I'm just saying you should relax because feeling it is scary. I cried over a youtube guy faking a spine injury having his leg motions tracked as a woman pretended to help. I can only imagine.

oh shit get a load of this guy he thinks he's unstoppable!!! :O

Seriously fuck off

Thats how summerfags do it. You aught to read Dr. Shitskis paper about broken backs. Its called Doctor Shitskis Paper on Broken Backs, and How I Fix Them.

I severed my spinal cord at T11 w/fusion from T10 to L2, in a chair ever since. Lucky is right, I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy

You should get your wisdom teeth removed.

>I severed my spinal cord at T11
Fuckin cutters.

I hope your loved ones never need any type of pain medicine. Chronic pain isn't something I would wish on anyone, except you - faggot.

does your peepee still work?

one time I stubbed my toe like REALLY badly

With those soft pudgy hands. The only thing he beats is his Fucking pecker.

Is the pain on your construct or radiating down one/both legs?

Have you seen an interventional pain physician?

Found the riddler in this thread, gonna get a trophy soon

No all pain is localised to the back arounf the break.

I dont think so

I have a cracked spine, don't know how I did it. Got it checked after I was hurting so badly, my legs were giving out. Shit sucks, it's getting arthritis in it :(

I used to deliver hard narcotics to hospice patients. I knew a 94 year old lady who had a morphine pump under her abdomen and had Duragesic patches and Roxanol sublingual dropper bottle, all at the same time. Dont tell me I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

I had the side of my face ripped open by a dog when I was 7 years old. 200+ stitches and some mild pain killers and I up and playing around the next day.

6 broken vertebrae, in my back in one accident. In another 2 fingers, hand, wrist, and arm broken. Bones sticking out.

Bro, not to be gay but I'd smash

Yep. Just is random now, my brain isn't connected to it anymore

I've worked in pain medicine for 10 years and spent more than half of those working for Medtronic Neuromodulation supporting intrathecal drug delivery (implantable pain pumps) and neurostimulators. Never said you didn't know shit.

But I will now: you don't know shit. I don't know shit either. Most people don't know shit. Nothing wrong with that.

scoliosis is a bitch, does all that metal shit help?

Severed pinky on left hand probably the worst. Still try and hit shift with it all the time, makes FPS games on PC way harder.

I've also broken my clavicle, and compound fractured my leg while snow boarding, so I don't go anymore.