Childhood is arguing over who is better between Blur and Oasis

Childhood is arguing over who is better between Blur and Oasis
Adulthood is realising The Verve was better than both

Oasis

Maybe old verve, but not bittersweet symphony verve

oasis never could have made something as good as 13 or a storm in heaven

Elderness is realizing Pulp made the most sense.

adulthood is not listening to britpop

?
Bitterwseet Symphony Verve IS old verve

>First album is only good album meme

Fuck you blur is great. Think Tank is one of the best of the 2000's

I'm talking a storm in heaven

>The Verve
>Britpop
Their only Britpop album is Urban Hymns, A Storm In Heaven and A Northern Soul certainly aren't Britpop.

>Current year
>Still believing in the Blur meme

Verve/Oasis>>Blur

Patricianhood is realizing that Britpop was a fun placeholder for "indie/alternative rock" between Madchester/shoegaze and Ok Computer

Blur=Verve>>>Oasis

>current year
>not believing in the blur meme
Damon albarn is a legend. Blur, gorillaz, the good the bad and the queen, and all his other projects prove this

no the only good verve is the first few singles
storm in heaven kinda sucks

All three of those bands are shit
Blur had a couple of good singles and that's it

the verve are quite possibly one of the most underrated "big" bands to come from the uk in the 90's

it's amazing how a single song could overshadow the rest of a band's discography

Pulp and Suede >> all other britpop

this
It's pretty weird how Bittersweet Symphony overshadowed songs like Slide Away, Blue, Butterfly, This Is Music, On Your Own, A Northern Soul, History, Life's An Ocean, Stormy Cloud, Sonnet, The Rolling People, Drugs Don't Work, Weeping Willow and Lucky Man.

>Catching the Butterfly, Lucky man , Sonnet , History , Slide Away , This is Music

How can you even compete?, Based Richard

And I hope you're thinking of me
As you lay down on your side
Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again

>Drugs Don't Work

this one always gets to me. I always listen to the Urban Hymns on like a rainy sunday or something. funny thing is that i always skip Bittersweet symphony because it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the album imo

ironic memery is saying menswear were the only britpop band to be of any worth

The Verve have always been a really moody band, their peak bleakness was on A Northern Soul imo. There's some really down trodden songs on that album

REMINDER

>GOAT tier
Pulp, Suede, Manics

>Great tier
The Verve, Mansun, Doves, Supergrass, Super Furry Animals, Puressence, The Divine Comedy, Doves, Teenage Fanclub

>Good tier
Blur, Longpigs, The Auteurs, Jack, James, Gene, Strangelove, Rialto, Elastica, Placebo, The Charlatans, Early Oasis, Lush, Shack, Inspiral Carpets, Early Coldplay, My Life Story, Dodgy, Kula Shaker, Ultrasound

>Meh tier
Stereophonics, Travis, Ocean Color Scene, Ash, Sleeper, The Lightning Seeds, Black Grape, Shed Seven, The Bluetones, Space

>Shite tier
Post- MG Oasis (apart from a few singles), Menswear, Catatonia, Gay Dad, Starsailor, Cast, Ride (Last 2 albums), Hurricane #1, Embrace, The Supernaturals

thanks, gonna download it now since i've been in a britpop mood lately. must be the rainy summer

kek I didn't realise I put Doves there twice

Move Super Furry Animals, The Charlatans, Blur, and Black Grape up one tier each

Early Oasis should be GOAT-tier

oasis with reverb

Oasis were 5 nobodies in a basement when that album came out