Don't Breathe: Best Horror Film In ______ Years?

Complete this sentence:

Don't Breathe: Best Horror Film In ______ Years.

For me, I'm going to say 17 years. Although Don't Breathe is clearly and obviously tops for the 2000s thus far, I don't think it's as innovative or iconic as the Blair Witch project was. Despite its technical merits, I do not believe this movie will become a classic.

Also, vid related:

youtube.com/watch?v=ADjZSZkVdHE

Horror is a meme genre which is overly praised. for good reason.

I'd agree with this if The VVitch didn't exist. Still a great movie though.

Its so good because its not supernatural, and there's actual tension not just jumpscares.

concept sounds good enough, let me know when there's a proper torrent

Is The Witch really that good?

The Wailing is the best horror film this year ya plebs

Yeah the lack of supernaturalism was definitely a point in its favor. Supernatural BS alone was enough to kill The Witch, which would have been a great film if they'd had the discipline to just make it a psychological thriller.

It's amazing; and like a proper horror film, it builds atmosphere and tension without the need for jumpscares, music ques or over-exposing the monster/antagonist.

this thread is 100 percent manufactured by viral marketing posters. the movie was absolutely terrible, not-jokingly. it is bad. don't waste your time on it.

this is why I always wait for the torrent

I wouldn't mind so much if you just said 'this movie was pretty scary, what a pleasant surprise' but to claim it's the best of the current CENTURY is fucking ignorant blatant shilling

Just came from the cinema
Best horror movie since the Friday the 13 remake
I highly recommend it 10/10 (I don't work in the movie)

Don't Breathe: Best Horror Film In 0 Years.
And by that I mean that this movie not good at all.

I highly doubt it's better than Green Room, The Witch or Neon Demon
so yeah
fuck you, OP

this man is correct

I'm gonna go watch this and it's going to be another overhyped flick that Sup Forums fellates for no reason other than being starved of decent horror.

See: It Follows, The Witch, Babadook.

i felt like It Follows was better but what do i know

>The Witch
but that's a legitimately good movie

im not sure but i think Sup Forums just likes it for the cunny.

Babadook was okay. Fair to give it 6/10. It Follows was just shit. Babby's first or second subtext with basically nothing else worth mentioning, and the subtext wasn't particularly interesting or well-portrayed. Haven't seen VVitch.

VVitch blows, the witch is so powerful you're just waiting for these helpless people to die, and then they do.

>and the subtext wasn't particularly interesting or well-portrayed
i don't like the movie but i disagree with you