It's a fucked up realization but people plateu the moment they start doing heavy drugs

It's a fucked up realization but people plateu the moment they start doing heavy drugs.
I plateaud at 18 probably.
Don't do drugs guys.

WTF you mean with "people plateau" ?
Their personality stabilizes ?
I don't think you used that word in the way you intended.

If you mean by "plateau" that they get boring and stop being original and can't develop any further, that could be a thing.

Though nobody I met did that. Even the bong heads who overdid the stuff just went a bit retarded but after stopping drug abuse, they resumed going their way.

Sorry I was absent.
I meant that you stop maturing emotionally.
And it will affect your mental health after all.
Sorry for being late.

But tbh I was talking moe about amphetamemes and other types of hard drugs.
Weed can be bad too but idk.

life just doesn't require much user to live user

the only motivated people i've met are those locked in the rat race (nothing wrong with that)

what absolute twaddle.

>If you become addicted to heavy drugs

I do a couple of lines of coke on birthdays and new year's eve and I don't have the feeling of plateauing.

> Even the bong heads who overdid the stuff just went a bit retarded but after stopping drug abuse, they resumed going their way.

This. See Stephen King.

It's funny that you say that because I started drugging out because I disregarded the race.
Now I'm just nobody striving for nothing living off my parents.
I wish I had networked with people with my same interests instead of being an edgy druggie.

More power to you my man.
Some people just don't know how to live properly.
Not like I was addicted but I can feel my mental health has deteriorated.

That shouldn't stop you from trying.

Sitting in the basement of your parents doesn't do you any good, especially if you regret doing so. That can get a vicous circlejerk of selfpity and selfhate.

Break out and do something crazy, you normally won't do (no, not robbing gas stations).

But you know how this goes.
I've already pushed aside the right people long before I made the realization that I wasn't being happy with the way I am.
The only people left in my circles are people who would laugh my ass for this kind of thread.

But you're right about self pity, it can be even more toxic than hating, and lead to more hate even.

That's what I ment about breaking the circle. If people can't help you or outright refuse to - reach out for other people, break the circle.

Yeah, I know. Easy to say that. I've been through some shit myself and know that it isn't that easy. But it is your only chance or you'll get a hopeless shadow of a man. You may be tired, but you have to fight your way back to the surface and emerge from the basement.

Im living alone in my mothers boyfriend house.
I was working before but I still leave alone because I know my mood is a real drag for my paps, they are good people.
Thanks for the advice user, good to hear something positive sometimes.
But yeah, im trying my best, I will go to college again now for third time lol.
Im not really fat or ugly I just became as bland a man I could.
Brofist for the tips.

Sup Forumsrofist back and Godspeed, user!

Just because you can't handle your drugs does not mean other, stronger people can't.

Some mental weaklings just can't handle their buzz properly.

You remind me of myself.

Eh, just in case you're not trolling.
It's not the drug but the mentality it creates and it eventually spirals out.
Take oxycodone a year straight and tell me the same story about buzzez.

in support of OP's theory, I did nearly every drug there is heavily for a few years in my early twenties, especially opiates, and now I definitely plateau'd in the sense that nothing, no matter how good, really makes me feel as good as that shit did. So life is kind of dreary now and i've been clean almost 2 years

I might not have done as many opiates you did but I concur, its extra hard to strive for something when you know you don't give a fuck about the reward.
Hope your well man opiates are heck, I sometimes have to get a couple of oxys from my dealer from time to time for the anxiety, and Im seriously questioning quiting cannabis.

You're*
Also I discovered I loved motorsport and other "normie" shit, shame I don't have any money now lol.
Spent 1500 euros on morphine every few month.

Been through this shit myself and I can't stress enough how much better you'll feel when you start working again. Even the most menial job will give you a little bit of structure in your otherwise currently unfocused life. I crawled back up from zero by slinging newspapers of all things. Got me out of the hole then, and things are great now, relatively. Best luck user.

i kinda take back what i said tho it wasn't just the opes its just any strong "hard" drugs that are too good and everything after is just underwhelming

Thanks It's good to know that even thought this might be one of the most toxic places on the net there are people willing to try to help strangers.
Best luck for you too my man.

For me it was kinda different but on the same track, I just saw how my carelesness pushed and hurt all the wrong people.
Then it hit me that I had a problem.

Plateaus are not peaks. If you're analogy is correct you'll recover eventually.

Drugs feed your dopamine receptors at a much higher level than regular happy-making stuff does. More and/or harder drugs burn out the receptors. Takes years to grow back, for harder cases maybe never. Sux being us just a little, but only us to blame. It really does get better with time.

what a fucking retarded thread

OP go get a fucking job

out of curiosity, when you fellas did stop did you stop drinking too?

Appreciated. Yeah, I'm one of those contrarian weirdos who comes to this shithole to be nice to people. After all, this is where the people who need it most congregate.

I quit drinking in my twenties when I realized what an asshole it made me. Smoked weed for decades. Over 50 now and have one or two drinks a month. Never anything harder.

I don't usually drink.
Maybe but handling emotions becomes increasingly difficult.
It's a shame this site reeks underage.
I'd rather get a degree im still in my early 20's but thanks

Keep going man, you are special and absolutely not an addict in denial!
>I-i can quit when I want to but I just don't want to haha

god damn you are a newfag please leave

Why are you here again?

>I will go to college again now for third time lol.

>I'd rather get a degree im still in my early 20's but thanks

3rd time? School isn't doing it for ya. Any job, part time, volunteer, whatever. Seriously, it's what you need right now.

Nah it's not like I was failing hard I just skipped classes and other assorted type of shit.

And tbh I had a great job but shat all over it.
It's best for me to start over while I can.

You can get away with that shit when you're not paying for it. This round isn't likely to go much better. Force yourself to contribute to your survival. It will raise the value of everything else you do, including school. Tbh, it took me until my forties to figure this shit out. Don't waste years of your life like I did.

nah. You can come back from it. Just a lot more work than normal people have to do.

I agree 100%.
My mind changed and I'd do anything to have it back. I havent done drugs in years but I think I hafta stop drinking too. I feel like a little bitch. Howd I let my life get so outta hand