Recovering from a bilateral mastectomy I had yesterday; AMA

Recovering from a bilateral mastectomy I had yesterday; AMA.

Also surgery thread, especially recovery stories.

tits or gtfo

I once broke my nose woke up high asf

AMA

I don't think you understand what that procedure means

How did you break it?

bitch they're some where go get them

I made cummies today.

AMA

Well not if you're gonna be like that about it

you know the rules i need you to find that medical waste bin and show me those tumours

Herniated the left side of my C6/7 disc 4 months ago. Herniated the right side about a month and a half ago. Arms and shoulders have been numb, painful and pins and needles and shit cuz my nerves are being crushed. Feels like being hit in the neck with a spear then shot in both shoulders. Waiting to see a spinal surgeon now. Endless physiotherapy that does fuck all but shes hot so I tolerate it.

Wow that sucks

Yeah alright

skate board to the nose

>tfw almost killed myself with a skate board

They give me lots of opiates which is nice

>hairy
>massive tits

This isn't tumblr

Yeah, not the best way to go out

Good to stay positive, I guess

Well someone asked. They're sure as shit not there anymore

doctor said i was lucky the way the stake board went in my nose could have jammed into my brain

Yikes

Please accept this get well soon gift.

Kek, thanks m8

Crohns' Disease, had to get 2 feet of intestine cut out. The anesthesiologist pushed the drugs and as I was passing out, the doctor asked me a question. I was like two seconds from passing out, and couldn't open my mouth to talk no matter how hard I tried, and when I woke up in recovery, I shouted the answer. Hurt like a motherfucker and the screaming almost tore out some staples.

Good news was that I was upgraded from the morphine button to a dilaudid button. Spent the rest of my hospital stay letting anyone I meet press the button.

Bad news was that my surgeon was one of the stereotypical "surgeons" like they described on scrubs. His "expert" medical opinion was to cut me off cold turkey when I was on steroids. So second day of my recovery was me in a roid rage. He was also dumb enough to admit what he did when I was still roid raging. Even dumber for doing it within reach of the CORDED TV remote. Almost hit his eye dead center, but he flinched and it hit the outer edge of it. He had a black bruise on the side of his head and would talk to me behind a nurse while holding up a clipboard for the rest of the hospital stay.

rofl news was him trying to say he cut a GENETIC disease out of me when he did the bowel resection... Those two fuckups were indeed enough for the hospital to foot the bill on a second opinion, some scans, and the bill if they had to go back in again.

*At home recovery? Had my own cough pillow. I shit you not, buy one before surgery if you don't have one already. If not, a second or third pillow wouldn't hurt.
* Lost track of time once and accidentally took my pain pills early. High as fuck for the rest of the day, well waaaay more than usual.
* Parents left me home alone by accident on the third day. Sent distress message on facebook. Parents come home to find me pampered by four girls pampering the shit out of me because I couldn't open the fridge without it hurting.

Open reduction internal fixation for a broken forearm - fancy words for I fucking broke my arm and they bolted it back together. Can't think of anything much more worthwhile to say, unless someone wants to see the X rays and such.

Jesus, that sounds rough. What a jackass.
Being high sounds nice, I've just been given pills that wear off in a couple of hours.
Wtf is a cough pillow for?

I'd like to see them

I'm the guy that told you about my two surgeries with the infection that almost killed me. Was i right that the most worried you'd be was right before the surgery then it would all be fine after that? Also, grats on getting it done and over with.

cough pillows are super useful after surgeries in the chest/back/stomach area. You hug the pillow when you cough/sneeze/burp so it hurts less and less probability to reopen wounds/make it worse.

I'm still worried about fucking my stitches up, but it was nice to wake up and be told that everything went fine. And thanks, man, I just hope the pain doesn't last too long.

Oh, interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

Fat guy detected

I am lucky, both surgeries and every medical procedure I've ever had that required pain meds I don't have to take them after the first day. I don't know what it is, probably just a high pain threshold but I don't need meds. Just take it one day at a time, and rest knowing that in the grand scheme of things at most you are going to be at lower then normal movement and shit for a month. And a month is nothing. Keep healing and for gods sake make sure you do what your doc tells you. It's not worth it to fuck around and mess shit up.

I'm really confused

So, are you FtM trans then?
Is the hair from HT?

How big is your clit? Let's see it.

Oh I intend to

How so?

I am, and if you mean testosterone, then yeah that's it

There's no way in hell I'm using my arms to that extent right now. Perhaps another time

That tingling sensation is your man bits waking up for the first time. It's nothing to be afraid of.

Neato, good for you. Do they not call FtM treatments hormone therapy? Testosterone is a hormone, after all.
How's your family and friends taking your decision? Do you have a good support network?

I'm sure some do, I've just never seen that shorthand.
They took it fine, my mom was upset because it fucking sucks, but she and everyone important to me have been very supportive.

Op may I ask why you had to have a mastectomy?

I have had for surgeries two of them were for and done descended testicle that I had one I was a kid. Another one was for an appendectomy, and the final was a muscle biopsy do test for a metabolic disorder they thought I had which I didn't.

Recovery takes time don't rush it. Even though they tell you to limit your activity be as active is you possibly can this speeds up recovery tremendously. Push yourself everyday. Eat healthy and limit your opiate use those things will constipated the hell out of you! Definitely stay positive too.

Sorry using speech to text.

I had it done because I'm an ftm, thus having tiddies didn't exactly suit me.

>Definitely stay positive too
Easier said than done. I feel pretty shit right now, and have to go to classes on tuesday

Anesthesia fucks with most peoples heads. It varies from person to person but everytime I had surgery I was in a funk for a few months. I would get a bit depressed and a little nervous everyday. Just know that it will pass in time. It's important understand that your body has gone through a tremendous shock both from the physical removal of your breasts and more so from the anesthesia. Just understand that you will return to equilibrium in time.

I'm sorry for your burden everyone's got a touch of mental illness but being trans must be a tough one. After having so many surgeries I am on the farm belief that surgery is always a last resort I see unnecessary surgeries as crazy. Not that the the recovery is to awful but its just the anesthesia for me always fucked with my head. Its always a few months before I'm feeling normal again.

Jesus, I hope I can get over it faster than that.

I see what you mean... This is my first surgery, and honestly I was thinking earlier how I'm glad that I'm not planning on bottom surgery. This is terrible.

Why did you have it done?

Just scan the thread, ffs. It's not long.

lurk moar faggot

I'm probably an extreme case. But either way you will get back to normal please please avoid all psych meds as they might make it worse just give yourself enough time to heal.
I'm assuming you're in your twenties and biochemically speaking this is the best time of your life to have surgery as you heal the fastest. Don't sweat it you'll be up and running in no time. When did you have surgery?

I just finished med school and became a PA. Before that I was a midwife's Apprentice and practice for about 5 years. I would totally not fuck with your lower regions we haven't perfected those surgeries yet. Not one hundred percent guaranteed you will get sexual gratification again. And just speaking as a human that's something you probably don't want to live without.

>be fat fuck
>tried dieting and i always fucked up
>said fuck this shit nigga im cutting my stomach
>get gastric sleeve
>currently 1 and a half week post op
>feels good not being hungry

Are you excited to finally make $1 for whatever you used to make $0.75 for?

How long do you need to be on testosterone for before your male privilege kicks in?

Yeah, I'm 23, so hopefully it won't be this terrible for too long. The surgery was yesterday, so naturally this may be the worst time I'm gonna have.
And yeah, that's basically why I have no plans to, very little payoff. I'm hoping bioprosthetics are gonna come through in that area.

I'm glad you're feeling good about it

I honestly have noticed no change in my life since transitioning, but I wasn't exactly a "good" female beforehand, so there's that.

hope everything works out for you.

Thanks, man. I do too

Oh jesus only one day! Mastectomy are pretty hard but any day after the surgery is hard. The day with most soreness might be the second or third as that is when muscle fiber starts to bind and takes a toll on the local endocrine system. Definitely don't go to class you will be useless. You need a good week of rest. When I say push yourself I mean take a walk down the hallway. I'm sure your doctors discussed this with you but don't be alarmed that heavy swelling that area has a lot of endocrine activity and a lot of fluids need to be rerouted. You'll have a nice Milestone at about a week and a half probably sooner.

After you make your recovery just promise me you won't be one of those condescending trans people. We all have crosses to bear but only assholes use it like a badge of honor.

I really should at least show up, since I already missed the first two and will have to miss the fourth for a follow-up. But I guess I'll see how I'm doing.

Lol I promise I'm not like that, they drive me up a wall as well.

Gnarly

The day after surgery hurt way more than the accident. Plates will likely be in there permanently. I have two scars from it. I can actually set off metal detectors with these plates at work sometimes. I think the scars look cool and I love showing people the plates, so it never really bothered me much. Physical therapy sucked though

OP, do you have any more pics of yourself? I have a weird fetish for hairy women.

Pics of scars, please?