Would you consider living in a "tiny house", Sup Forumsros? Better yet...

Would you consider living in a "tiny house", Sup Forumsros? Better yet, do you live in one already and can you tell us about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

itinyhouses.com/tiny-homes/amplified-tiny-house-400-square-foot-cozy-paradise/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Tiny House
That's like twice the size of my peice of shit apartment.

no

itinyhouses.com/tiny-homes/amplified-tiny-house-400-square-foot-cozy-paradise/

I can live in that no problem, depending on where it's located and if it has proper running water and a sewer.

Describe your apartment?
Why not?

i spend about 2 months every summer living in a 16x24 cabin 2 miles up a former logging trail at the end of a 20 mile dirt road in the middle of no where vermont.
composting toilet, solar batch water heating, propane fridge, range, and instantaneous water heater ( for emergencies), solar power setup for charging a laptop, running a radio, and keeping the wifi running between me and my neighbor.
I've only been up for a few hours in the winter and it's nearly inaccessible from the first snow fall until after mud season.
It's nice.

I already live in a tiny-ass apartment in the middle of the city. Let me work remote from one of those babies and I'd be one happy motherfucker.

>Lower your standard of living
>Live in a literal hut
>Room for you, maybe your paenter
>No room for kids
>Don't own any land
>Less space than a studio appartment
>Actively blocks you from having a family
>Still expensive to build
>No resale value

It's a scam.

Where would I keep my rare artifacts?

Its small and its shitty

I currently live in my parents mansion. I've been here too long and have become claustrophobic with much less. How do you deal with that tiny space? It's like living in the linen closet.

Ofc, now that you mention it, there's already tiny houses.

You aren't based CWC.

Is he still a meme?

Looks like a Marshal stack there.

>kids
>family
I'm not a cuck. Just me and my girlfriend is plenty. They make them up to around 500 sq ft I think, and they use space very efficiently. Like the sleeping area is often a loft kind of thing.

yes
it's hell.
can smell my poop when i cook, and can smell my garbage when i fap

No. I have a wife and two toddlers. I need some motherfucking space. Literally as well as figuratively. I'd commit murder/suicide in a week living in a place that tiny.

i'm not saying you don't have a point. You do. Those things are too small.

But just for the sake of clarity, most people who build tiny homes, also buy a plot of land to park it on.

> You aren't based CWC.

Thank babby Jesus for that. But I still have way too much shit to live in a tiny house. If I was starting all over again I would do it. Right now I'm in the market for 3000+ square foot house with a pool because I want it all baby.

I also feel kinda like this user . It's a meme. They're small but there still crazy expensive to build for what they are.

Those are Florida McMansions. The double wides, of course.

Post some pics please!

>two toddlers
What does being cucked feel like?

i'm in the middle of doing something similar to a "tiny house"
there's a parallel movement happening, with shipping containers.
it's just as cheap, but you don't have to sleep in a closet...

>They're small but there still crazy expensive to build for what they are.
mine cost $30k including the 20 acres.

My cousin is an architect and we had a full discussion on these because I want to do it. He basically told me theyre great and easy to make, but it takes some getting used to. Its like living in a college dorm so you have to be frugal with your purchases and organized like a marine or else you'll end up living in a tool shed. Then you have to find a spot of land to put it on or have it be mobile. The biggest thing knowing what you want and then being able to compromise if it doesnt go exactly how you want. People get too stubborn with their wishlist and end up building just a normal house

I don't want you give away your location but there's no way you could get 20 acres for that in Texas where I live. Sounds good though

You're assuming they aren't his? Also could we please let the cuck meme die?

Are you in Canada? Someone on Sup Forums was saying they were trying to get people into this idea in Vancouver. I'm in Seattle which is similarly expensive, but I want a house rather than a condo, even if it's a tiny one.

currently living in 28m2 flat

>Would you consider living in a "tiny house", Sup Forumsros?
Yeah, it's called an apartment in California.

If they're his or not he's still a cuck. Having children is the most beta thing you can possibly do.

> Who was your builder?
> Hanjin

this is me
I also bought the land in 2009 when the whole economy fucking sucked.
probably buy some more land when trump ruins the economy again.

>What does being cucked feel like?

I wouldn't know.

How big is it? Post some pictures?

>3000+ square foot house with a pool because I want it all baby.

I had all that and left it all behind. Buying a house was the worst thing I ever did in my life. I always moved, every 2-3 years. Putting down roots by buying a large house (pool, bar, dance floor, billiards table, several rooms that weren't even used) eventually crushed me and led to my divorce. Never again. You don't own things; they own you.

Only if I can have a 2000 sq ft storage shed for all my shit.

i actually am in canada yeah.
i lived in Vancouver for 3 years, but the property values in BC were way too high. I couldn't afford land there.

So i bought a 2 acre plot in southern ontario instead, for under $20,000 (CND)

If i find that i can't take the winters, i'll just travel.
With the money i'll be saving from not paying rent all year, the travel expenses will be extremely manageable.

That's my dream. Do you ever see another person in those 2 months?

my house isn't done yet. the pic i posted was just a random example.

I'm renovating them myself, mostly, and hiring help, as needed.
the beauty of shipping containers, is that they're already built.

how much did you pay ?

No pictures, but it's 16'x24' with a bed loft that's about half the size of the main floor.
the whole main floor is one big room because the bathroom is detatched. that's 8x12 and off the 12x20' porch.
I'm looking for the plans I drew when we started.

That looks comfy AF

>the bathroom is detatched
I don't know if I like this. I piss and shit frequently and I like sitting around half naked so that would kinda suck in winter.

>the beauty of shipping containers, is that they're already built.

My wife has been looking into tiny houses. I told her to just get two or three shipping containers (easy to transport) and assemble as necessary.

I've actually thought about it. And I think you could do it very nicely. Although I would have to hire somebody because I am clueless about how to do that. And I'm too busy with work to have time for anything other than bullshitting on Sup Forums for hour a night

just the neighbor who's about 300 feet down the road. he's a full timer so he's been keeping an eye on the place during the winter.
see:
one really fun thing is that vermont is filled with hippy motherfuckers who hate big business (and fairpoint is retarded), so a municipal fiber internet coop just cover this random logging trail with 200Mbps internet, so my shitty cabin in the woods has 4 times faster internet than my actual house.

I'm not there in the winter, yet.
next summer I'm debating on building an addition (from 16x24 to 28x24) and connecting the outhouse to the house.
that said, you can sit around completely naked and only the grizzled republican weirdo down the road will ever know.
i don't think he's actually a republican as there's a bernie sticker on his f250, but he fits all of the other cliches.

i honestly had to fight with my wife for 3 months over the tiny house vs. shipping container thing.

I eventually compromised with her, and convinced her we could buy a mobile home, which would suffice her mobility requirement, and the shipping containers, to suffice our ownership, and living needs

Lol, is that you Richard?

Yo, faggot. Guess who.

it depends where you live. they'll rust almost instantly anywhere on the easter part of the country.
and they're kind of a bitch to get delivered.

> You don't own things; they own you.
Very true, but building up home-equity can't hurt you. I'm guessing you made some cash when you sold.

i work in home reno so it wasn't much of a jump for me.
Plus, because i don't have to worry about structural integrity, it really makes it quite simple. (just don't cut out too many walls)

Lol no, do you have a buddy who loves these things or something?

Second to spending time on Sup Forums and using the terms "cuck" and "beta"

my apartment is like 450 sq ft i think that counts

He's comparing you to the Unabomber genius.

You talk like you're pretty old. What are you doing on Sup Forums?

His name was Ted, not Richard...

Sup Forums has sucked for 12 years. there's tons of literal old fags on here.

i don't get it. are you trying to imply that i know you?

I assure you, its highly unlikely....

4shoubi?

lol Danny is that you?

No, fuck that. The only small place I'll live in is an apartment, surrounded by other apartments.

Then when I move out it will be a big house, screw this tiny house thing. It isn't cozy, it's the opposite to me.

>You talk like you're pretty old.

54. On my fourth and final wife. Had the house with the third. That was back in '99.

>What are you doing on Sup Forums?

Watching South Park reruns, doing shots of vodka, waiting for the wife to get home for work, hoping for some lulz on Sup Forums, posting in a tiny house thread of all things.

yes i think i can live there with just like another person.

Do you understand the definition of cuck?

I lived in something similar to that in Fallout 4

Please ignore the uninformed/idiot/troll/new-fag.

the guy does watch two males suck his wife's tits on a regular basis.

Are you aware that some words have literal and figurative definitions that aren't always the same thing?

>they'll rust almost instantly anywhere on the easter part of the country.

I live in FL right now so that's out. Plenty of reasons to move and I'll add this one to the list.

my house is only 830sqft. does that count as tiny?

i don't know what that means....
but i think it means you watch anime.

I do not watch anime.

Thanks though. Better luck next time.

I can dig it man. 36 with one ex-wife here.

No it doesn't but that's a pretty comfy size for one or two people.

that's where i got the idea.

I almost don't believe you faggot. Who the fuck else argues with their wife about shipping containers vs tiny houses? I didn't even know this was a fucking thing until like a month ago kek

Yep. I had no problem making a commitment. Kept on doing it until I found the right one.

I plan on building my own this upcoming summer and I can't wait.

Nice, man. Got any plans you can post, or pic of what you're going for, or anything?

i don't think arguing over tiny houses, and shipping container houses would be that rare these days really...

there's a massive push out of the urban centers... because of economic factors, but also violence and population issues in some areas...

So moving out, to the empty spaces, is becoming a huge trend. especially with the advances in solar technology.

Once solar batteries drop in price (and they already are) the push for cheap land is going to go main stream...

... or well... MORE mainstream, i should say.

How are the bathrooms in these things?

small.

Here. I plan on building a 8'4" x 20" foot tiny house on wheels. This has just the floor plan obviously. I plan on going with a industrial feel to make it feel more masculine, it being only myself living in the house. also plan on building a hoisted deck with french doors on the tail end to make it feel more open. I plan on traveling a bit and eventually buying some land and settling down.

african americans has pioneered the art of living in small houses. one third of african american males live in 5 by 8 ft cells paid for taxpayers.

Damn that's REALLY tiny. Nice and simple floor plan though. I dig it. What do you mean by industrial?

>le edgy nigger joke XD

Nearly all of them are made out of Corten steel, which develops a layer of surface rust that blocks further oxidation. They are designed to withstand repeated and prolonged exposure to ocean spray. Those fuckers aren't rusting through, no matter where you put them.

Not that user, but that layer of surface rust doesn't sound very aesthetic.

Basically an industrial interior design. reclaimed wood, rustic or black sheet metal, visible piping. Its small but i think it'll be perfect for me, nice and cozy. How much space do you really NEED? yknow? don't let your things own you.

They are golden if you want to avoid property taxes on a house. They're considered trailers in most states.
I'd live in one because I'm single, NOT if I had a family.

Yeah I would go a little bit bigger than that personally, but I agree with your general statement. Just me and my doggo, here, and the stuff that I actually use and care about. I've never liked accumulating junk.

Yeah, man. The thing with putting it on a trailer is it can only be soo wide to haul across country, soo thats why its only about 8'4" but rock on dude. I think its the way to go.

Sup Forums's much older than you think.

i just dont see the point of all that when i could buy a trailor/mobil home. but i dont see it as an end game, its not like a cabin so i cant get into it long term but for a little while i guess but i wouldnt build it so thats a point against the whole concept when prefab housing is cheap af

serious question why not just by a single/double wide or mobile home?

probably the social stigma of a mobile home and trailer park. I will say most tiny homes, be it a reformed shipping container or built from the ground up, are much nicer