Just started taking sertraline (zoloft) for my anxiety and depression...

just started taking sertraline (zoloft) for my anxiety and depression. Just starting at 25mg but wondering if its helped anyone and if it has any bad side effects.

Other urls found in this thread:

askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19839&name=ZOLOFT&PerPage=60&sort=satisfaction&order=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19839&name=ZOLOFT&PerPage=60&sort=satisfaction&order=0

Didn't do shit for me

I'm on 100mg but started on 50mg, it certainly helps get rid of irritability.

enjoy not being able to orgasm

awesome sometimes but sucks most of the time

i recommend giving it and other antidepressants (if zoloft doesn't help) literally a couple years

i don't recommend becoming addicted to street drugs or alcohol because trust me your anxiety can become unbelievably and irreversibly worse even years after getting clean

OP get off now well you still have a chance. Once that shit builds up in your system, you literally lose the will to live. I know from experience. You just stop feeling everything. Some people think that sounds good but it's actually horrible.

Say right now, when you try to go in public, you feel SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE, hot flashes, cold sweat, teeth grinding, interrupted breathing...but you can still push through it.

Yeah, stick with feeling like that. Don't become addicted to street drugs or abuse pharmaceuticals like adderall or oxycontin out of frustration because you can wind up literally unable to walk/speak even on a phone making a simple call... and effectively in a state of panic every second you're awake.

Don't know zoloft, but I couldn't ejaculate on Lexapro

Lemme know how it goes. Work in a pharmacy and that's the most common drug I give out

sertraline is the shit-tier one they start you off on because if it works, you won't come back and bother them with another appointment. However it stops you from orgasming and makes you feel empty and alien. It's like a very low-grade amphetamine high all day every day.

It sucks don't even try it u wont be able to stop

Op here. Now im a little scared to take them what should i do then to help get rid of my severe anxiety

Oh and if you're truly disabled by your mental condition, and I mean you really can't even physically function doing things around the house let alone hold down a part time dishwashing job go for social security disability.

I don't recommend it if you're looking for a way to avoid facing your anxiety/depression, but if you genuinely cannot function it's an easy process and you get some spending money and access to Medicare for health insurance, plus you can remain a dependent of your parents indefinitely so probably stay under their work's health insurance and have them assist you more easily with going to doctors/hospitals/getting help over the phone for you.

I know its a meme, but marajuana (thc) in low doses does wonders for anxiety

Do take them as you've been prescribed them.. You can report the side effects back to your doc if you have any and they can prescribe you a different one. It's fun to take mind altering drugs at least.

pretty much this

You could go with a whole host of non-pharmaceutical options, over the counter stuff, "natural" remedies. Exposure therapy. Have a urine test to see if you have any food allergies. Have a DNA test to see what drugs might have less side effects (test might be a "meme" but it's free under some insurance plans).

If you're paralyzed by anxiety it's worth trying an SSRI (zoloft). I've had panic disorder/generalized anxiety since I was a baby it has only gotten worse over time.

if you're anxiety is severe enough that you can't function and hold down a job, take the medication. while on the pill, work on eating better and exercising with your newfound energy. Once you've established a good rhythm, get off the pill. Withdrawal is difficult and harder to get off than cigarettes but probably easier than hard drug addiction.

exposure therapy is great. I took an improv class and that kicked teh shit out of my social anxiety

There's also something called Alpha-Stim, not sure how much good it does for people in the real world, but it's another non-medicinal thing to try. You can use it for a month for free.

is this really a thing

Yea. I had the same problem. Switched to 20mg Prozac. Good to go.

>sertraline (zoloft) for my anxiety and depression

- Street says stay away from anti-depressants, since they harm the 'Brain"... and can most often harm the brain long term even when you get off

- come on Sup Forums
- The ones they give you aren't the good ones
- maybe if they have smart pills from India from the Sun Pharmaceutical, take for 10-14 days, then stop taking to avoid tolerance

Maybe smart pills, but anti-depressants... no

Op here, i took it once today should i just stop taking them? I dont have social anxiety i just get anxious really easy and it gets bad and i worry over everything which gives me bad headaches and sweats and trouble breathing. If there is a healthy alternative then the medicine without serious side effects i will try it.

On 100 mg. Doesn't affect me much. I don't know about sex but I can jerk off fine. I want to fucking die right now but it may be situational. It's no miracle drug, I used to be on 200mg and it still didn't totally address my depression. I'll deal with it cognitively someday.

Find a psychiatrist you like. One who spends at least 30 minutes with you each time.

If you're going to start taking Zoloft take it for months. If it doesn't work switch to say Lexapro and take it for months.

If you get even fucking 20% better, use all of your will power to appreciate it. Don't get agitated and quit and start abusing drugs for a quick fix.

I promise you if you're anything like me you'll wish you could go back to just feeling moderately anxious from minute to minute instead of being in a state of panic literally physically disabled getting wheel chaired into hospitals.

I've masturbated for 2 hours without cumming. You just get frustrated. I was still horny.

I got off of them and have been fucking like a rabbit. I'm depressed as fuck, but oh well.

No boner, no orgasm. Combine with Ritalin for the saddest fapfest ever.

Now, Wellbutrin and Ritalin...

Do not self-diagnose yourself, much less go on a fucking pill if you don't know what you're doing, I'm assuming your psychiatrist prescripted you that, sertraline I think I remember it works towards your emotional state, take it just as the doc told you and follow the docs instructions, go to the appointments and make the changes the doc tells you, since it's the fucking doctor who knows what's going on.

I remember taking sertraline made me hungry, but I was taking it alongside risperidone, so one of those made me gain weight, but otherwise I had no side effects, don't be afraid, follow the docs instructions, report back to the doc if anything seems weird to you, but it shouldn't happen at all, sertraline is kinda a low effort and safe drug, a gateway to other diagnoses maybe, and in lower doses you shouldn't even feel anything, if it works, you won't notice it until a year or a bit less you started taking it, and it will be other people and your doc telling you how you changed, it's nothing that happens from one day to another, you shouldn't worry at all

It can be done, but can take a while. I can only rub one out once a day. If I try another time I end up blueballing myself

Yes, it took a lot of tweeking the prescription so now i can cum but just don't care to. fml

Yeah, its a difficult balance for sure

Taking 75mg for 8 months. Overthinking used to keep me up all night. Now shit just rolls off my shoulders.

I had delayed orgasm on Prozac. But from what I've heard it's not as bad as Zoloft. At least I could cum. I was only on it for about a year so I can't speak to its long term effectiveness.

This is pretty much horseshit coming from one retard who tried Zoloft and it didnt work for them.

Source: I'm a pharmacist and not a depressed faggot.